🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

National debt spikes $578 billion in three weeks...Thanks to the Obomanation!

washington examiner ^ | • 11/24/15 12:01 AM | PETE KASPEROWICZ (@PETEKDCNEWS)
The national debt has surged more than half a trillion dollars in the last three weeks, as the suspension of the debt ceiling in late October has allowed the government to borrow as much as it wants. Before the debt ceiling was suspended, the national debt stood at $18.15 trillion. But over the last 22 days, it soared $578 billion. As of Friday, total national debt stood at $18.72 trillion. Rep. Mike Coffman, R-Colo., marked the spike in debt late last week, when he warned that the debt has jumped by more than $8 trillion under President Obama's watch.

This would be the debt ceiling that the Republicans voted to raise, correct?
did someone forget that the Democrats threatened to shut the government down and blame the Republicans for it?

The national debt has surged more than half a trillion dollars in the last three weeks, as the suspension of the debt ceiling in late October has allowed the government to borrow as much as it wants. Before the debt ceiling was suspended, the national debt stood at $18.15 trillion. But over the last 22 days, it soared $578 billion. As of Friday, total national debt stood at $18.72 trillion. Rep. Mike Coffman, R-Colo., marked the spike in debt late last week, when he warned that the debt has jumped by more than $8 trillion under President Obama's watch.

did someone forget that the Democrats threatened to shut the government down and blame the Republicans for it?

Republicans should go nuclear option on those old intractable libby loon farts. Pelosi and Reid are exceptional imbeciles...:cuckoo:

2012-08-09-guns.jpg
View attachment 56061
True. In a country with more wolves than sheep...

The best argument against gun control in the U.S. is that there there are so many guns in this country, because of our rabid gun culture, that people should carry a gun as a safety measure. Odds are, all your local criminals have guns since it's so easy for them to get one here.

Honestly, I believe the problem is within the liberal Culture of America, a permissive society, dependent and disrespect for law is somehow cool.... etc.

Tell us Liberals how the economy is so much better under this moron!

Un0gah6.jpg

The interest on $18.5 trillion was how much? And congress, whose the ones spending monies, spent the rest on what?

President isn't spending money you know, it's Congress.

GOP controls the budget.

/fail

You're right for once... this is WHY TRUMP is so popular, the feckless Republican's have given that fucking moron in the White House EVERYTHING he wanted....THAT IS NOT what they were elected to do!
What makes you think they will give Trump what he wants?

My guess is Trump will inform the American people and take an active roll in holding Congress to task along with the American people.
It's gonna be tremendous. And Mexico will pay for it.
And for the expulsion of their people here illegally......:eusa_pray:
Mexico will pay for the wall either directly or indirectly, provided we have the political will to carry through. We give Mexico enough foreign aid that we could pay for much of it that way and their tariffs. We give Mexico about $450 million a year, and since the Israeli wall only cost about $1.5 billion with 430 miles covered, a 2,000 mile wall should only run about $8 billion, if done right. So Mexico could pay for it via forfeiture of its foreign aid alone in about 18 years.

Honestly, I believe the problem is within the liberal Culture of America, a permissive society, dependent and disrespect for law is somehow cool.... etc.

True. The way in which most of these libtard gun grabbing fascist laws have been enforced is via additional charges for people being arrested/charged with other crimes, making them almost entirely symbolic anyway.

Bullshit. IF Congress were in the drivers seat and could defund what they think they should, and they cannot due to political maneuvering and the media, only THEN could you say that it is Congress spending the money, dude.

If we spent that much in a few years on infrastructure = the best infrastructure on earth.
If we reformed and spent that much on education the results would be unimaginable.
If we spent that much on science or r&d we'd be unquestionable in our leadership.

One really has to ask the question....Where does it go? My problem with loserterian is their solution always has to do with cutting the shit out of the above instead of wanting to figure out the real problem.

:alcoholic::banana::deal::gay:

Bullshit. IF Congress were in the drivers seat and could defund what they think they should, and they cannot due to political maneuvering and the media, only THEN could you say that it is Congress spending the money, dude.

Okies, you go get the President's daily activity logs and show us where he blew half a trillion at Sharper Image or whatever. If I were so inclined, I'm not economics not being my thing I'm a bad Jew, I could check Congress' logs and in a few moments find out what THEY spent it on.

Okies, you go get the President's daily activity logs and show us where he blew half a trillion at Sharper Image or whatever. If I were so inclined, I'm not economics not being my thing I'm a bad Jew, I could check Congress' logs and in a few moments find out what THEY spent it on.

Obviously Obamy spent the money on his vacations, golf club visits and bath house trips.

lol

$52.58 billion is the interest on 22 days.

Not surprisingly, the figure $578 billion was easy to track down (as an aside, no one seemed to be writing news articles about it as much as repeating the original story's text:)

"The plan will lift caps on the appropriated spending passed by Congress each year by $50 billion in 2016 and $30 billion in 2017, evenly divided between defense and domestic programs. Another approximately $16 billion would come each year in the form of inflated war spending, evenly split between the Defense and State departments.

So, not only will there be more base-level defense spending, but what is currently in the agreement can also be voided in favor of even more defense spending in case of new wars.

Current estimates of 2015 spending put the total at $578 billion, which is equal to 2014’s total. While it is true that this puts spending below the record-breaking post-1945 high of $686 billion that occurred in 2010 and 2011, current defense spending remains up 41 percent from 2001 levels (i.e., pre 9/11). The total also remains up 7 percent from the Cold War peak of $538 billion reached in 1989."
No, The Military Has Not Withered Away Under Obama

If you guys ever wanted to actually understand things and do some due diligence instead of parroting back what someone else said, you wouldn't constantly look like such fools.

So politics is more important to Republicans than responsible fiscal policy?

If you guys ever wanted to actually understand things and do some due diligence instead of parroting back what someone else said, you wouldn't constantly look like such fools.

Absolutely!
We have way too many posters that don't truly research issues/events. They simply go to their favorite partisan blogs and get the "talking of the day", take the talking points as factual without ever researching the issue and taking the time to use non-political/non-partisan resources for the actual facts.
This board has the most tabloid style post/threads filled with absolute crap I have seen in almost 20 years of posting/visiting numerous boards.

Tell us Liberals how the economy is so much better under this moron!

Un0gah6.jpg

The interest on $18.5 trillion was how much? And congress, whose the ones spending monies, spent the rest on what?

The repubkicans cant do a balanced budget because of obamas veto and the democrats filibuster.

Forum List

Back