NATIONAL FRIED CHICKEN DAY!

I tried a deep fried hamburger about a month ago ricechickie it was frikkkin AMAZING
I did alot of coating on it, but it wasnt necessarily crispy. I used a wet batter. That helps.

I love fried food. I fry all kinds of shit. I just dont like it too crispy. Hell, i even pick some of the coating off cheese sticks. Im a picky eater
Don't tell anybody this, but I once stared at a photo of a deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich for no less than 90 seconds.
You should watch "Carnival Eats" it comes on one of those food channels. Cant remember which. They do some amazing stuff with hot grease and flour!
I DO!! The guy's kind of a geek, but the food looks BAD ASS.
The creativity with some of those bumpkins blows my mind lol
What cracks me up is when they have fair-goers eat some of that stuff, and their faces are a mixture of absolute joy and abject GUILT.

White meat, dark meat, doesn't matter. When it comes to fried chicken I choose the piece with the most crispy coating!

I'd eat a bowl of that stuff like popcorn.
Gross!
I know soooo many people like that.
I took my ex girlfriends grandmother to Captain Ds or long john silvers, cant remember which. She actually ordered a thing of the crispy pieces to go with her meal. She was an addict.

The crispy batter pieces from Long John Silver's. I remember that stuff. Mmmmmmmmm.
Tempura batter..

White meat, dark meat, doesn't matter. When it comes to fried chicken I choose the piece with the most crispy coating!

Gross!
I took my ex girlfriends grandmother to Captain Ds or long john silvers, cant remember which. She actually ordered a thing of the crispy pieces to go with her meal. She was an addict.

The crispy batter pieces from Long John Silver's. I remember that stuff. Mmmmmmmmm.
Tempura batter..
is that what that stuff is? I thought about trying tempura but i never have

Does Chick-fil-a count.....

Please don't judge me because of my spelling!

Screw eating chicken, it's bbq season..bbq meaning steaks, burgers and more steaks..

That ain't BBQ Dammit!!
It is in the SW..

That ain't BBQ anywhere!!
Thats plain ol grillen.

BBQ
upload_2017-7-6_13-16-13.png

Not BBQ.
upload_2017-7-6_13-17-27.png

Gross!

Tempura batter..
is that what that stuff is? I thought about trying tempura but i never have
It was really popular in the 80's. People had tempura parties. The batter is super simple and a very light (not crispy) coating. You'd probably like it. The fresh veggies like green beans, sweet potato cut into thin slices, and onion are my favorites.

The KFC near us is horribly managed - perhaps Popeye's or Church's today.

Safeway Deli actually has pretty good fried chicken, too.

I loves me some fried chickens!

KFC - probably due to political correctness - reduced the number of herbs and spices from eleven to zero, and for good measure decided to exclude salt.

The Colonel must be spinning in his grave.

Damn, I feel lucky. Don't you have any real restaurants, even a diner near you? I have multiple choices where I live. One, a good one, is only a two block walk away from my home. Three piece meal of homemade type fried chicken with choice of soup or salad, mashed or fries, vegetable of the day for $7.95.

I tried to but the line of blacks was out the door everywhere I went.
What is this bullshit? Seek help dude. You're as bad as the lefties who see race in every issue
I agree. But there is some truth in what he said. Some sterotypes exist for legit reasons. I recently drove through Gary, IN. It's a virtual ghost town. The only people there were blacks on the streets and Arabs working the counters behind bulletproof glass.
Two gas stations and three fried chicken joints.

Damn, I feel lucky. Don't you have any real restaurants, even a diner near you? I have multiple choices where I live. One, a good one, is only a two block walk away from my home. Three piece meal of homemade type fried chicken with choice of soup or salad, mashed or fries, vegetable of the day for $7.95.

I live in an area with a ton of very good to fabulously awesome restaurants. But this thread is about Fried Chicken - so for quick and convenient fried chicken, I cited the logical sources in my area.

We're going to grill steaks for dinner, so it's purely theoretical chez boe, anyhoo.

KFC is gross. At least it is around here.
I am not much on commercially fried chicken anyways. Its too crispy for me.

Too crispy?

Whatsamatter, Grandpa? It hurts your dentures?

Fried chicken is all about the crispy coating!
Im not in to exceptionally crispy food. When i fry, i barely use flour. In fact, sometimes i just sprinkle it on there lol.
Its crazy im from the south and dont like crispy food. I know i know lol

Why fry it, then?

It's probably better for you to use less flour. That's what soaks up the fat. I wish I could say I didn't like fried food.
I love fried food. I fry all kinds of shit. I just dont like it too crispy. Hell, i even pick some of the coating off cheese sticks.
Im a picky eater
Oh please, you just told us you eat cheese sticks man, come on now.

KFC is gross. At least it is around here.
I am not much on commercially fried chicken anyways. Its too crispy for me.

Too crispy?

Whatsamatter, Grandpa? It hurts your dentures?

Fried chicken is all about the crispy coating!
Im not in to exceptionally crispy food. When i fry, i barely use flour. In fact, sometimes i just sprinkle it on there lol.
Its crazy im from the south and dont like crispy food. I know i know lol

Why fry it, then?

It's probably better for you to use less flour. That's what soaks up the fat. I wish I could say I didn't like fried food.
I love fried food. I fry all kinds of shit. I just dont like it too crispy. Hell, i even pick some of the coating off cheese sticks.
Im a picky eater
Oh please, you just told us you eat cheese sticks man, come on now.
Lol more like cheese and marinara

Forum List

Back