🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

National Guard deployed to help with water crisis in Jackson Mississippi.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
JACKSON, Miss. —
The state of Mississippi is mobilizing to respond to the failure of Jackson's water treatment system.

More than 1.1 million bottles of water were distributed Thursday by the state, according to officials.

Last edited:
I lived in a small community on the other side of the Ross Barnett Reservoir from Jackson and worked in Jackson for nearly a decade. "Boil water" alerts happened occasionally but not nearly as often as in Jackson, itself. The pumps in the reservoir would fail from time to time.

I noticed the report quickly got around to race in the issue. The city of Jackson is 82% African American though most professional and technical positions in the city are filled with Caucasians. The city is filled with crime and is dying the slow death of most such cities. The reason their tax base is dwindling is that it's no longer safe to live in the city. I rarely EVER ventured into the city at night.

I'll never forget a news report on this topic where the reporter was interviewing a black lady about the white flight and she sarcastically grinned at the camera and waved, saying "bye-bye" to all the whites who were leaving. I wonder if someone is picking her water up for her these days or if a neighbor already killed her...

Distiller.JPG

I lived in a small community on the other side of the Ross Barnett Reservoir from Jackson and worked in Jackson for nearly a decade. "Boil water" alerts happened occasionally but not nearly as often as in Jackson, itself. The pumps in the reservoir would fail from time to time.

I noticed the report quickly got around to race in the issue. The city of Jackson is 82% African American though most professional and technical positions in the city are filled with Caucasians. The city is filled with crime and is dying the slow death of most such cities. The reason their tax base is dwindling is that it's no longer safe to live in the city. I rarely EVER ventured into the city at night.

I'll never forget a news report on this topic where the reporter was interviewing a black lady about the white flight and she sarcastically grinned at the camera and waved, saying "bye-bye" to all the whites who were leaving. I wonder if someone is picking her water up for her these days or if a neighbor already killed her...
Very informative post! IM2 has a very different explanation. You see, the city of Jackson is systemically racist and they want to inflict pain on the Black people of Jackson out of racist hatred. It couldn't have anything to do with record level flood waters taking out the water treatment plant and antiquated infrastructure. No no no, it's all about 'systemic racism'. :cool:

Very informative post! IM2 has a very different explanation. You see, the city of Jackson is systemically racist and they want to inflict pain on the Black people of Jackson out of racist hatred. It couldn't have anything to do with record level flood waters taking out the water treatment plant and antiquated infrastructure. No no no, it's all about 'systemic racism'. :cool:
The reason Jasckson is a majority black city with a diminished tax base is because of the history of redlining and white flight that happened during integration.

Another pathetically slow response from a red state governor. Shocking I know.

Even though the city is run by Democrat Blacks. A Black Mayor and five out of six on the City Council are Black.

Typical Democrat Black corruption and incompetence. The 82% Blacks in the city vote in dumbass low IQ Democrats Blacks to run things and then bitch when things are fucked up.

We see the same thing in all the Democrat run big city shitholes.

But great work by the Democrat Mayor, right dumb ass?
Usually that is the case.

When you won't raise taxes to pay for necessary repairs and upkeep, this is what happens.... The GOP will not increase taxes on anyone...ever. And you see red states falling apart left and right. This is just the latest casualty of the "cut spending to the bone" screed.

Usually that is the case.

When you won't raise taxes to pay for necessary repairs and upkeep, this is what happens.... The GOP will not increase taxes on anyone...ever. And you see red states falling apart left and right. This is just the latest casualty of the "cut spending to the bone" screed.
Raise taxes on the dirt poor Black people in Jackson? There's a fine Democrat solution. The money to fix the treatment plant should have come from Biden's "Infrastructure Bill".

Raise taxes on the dirt poor Black people in Jackson? There's a fine Democrat solution. The money to fix the treatment plant should have come from Biden's "Infrastructure Bill".

I doubt if once cent of Potatohead's "infrastructure" money went to any real infrastructure. Just think how much money went into the stupid EV charging stations and other worthless Environmental Wacko projects instead of safe drinking water.

Church groups local to me, here in Alabama, beat all these clowns to the scene with water, and other aid. When will fools learn? The governments singular priority is continuity of government. Not continuity of its constituency.

The taxes need to be raised from border to border. Do try to keep up.

Church groups local to me, here in Alabama, beat all these clowns to the scene with water, and other aid. When will fools learn? The governments singular priority is continuity of government. Not continuity of its constituency.

Yeah, private groups almost always react faster than the government. My American Legion post had a water drive last week and on Friday drove it down there. The response was so overwhelming they had to rent a 2nd truck.

Forum List

Back