Nation's largest Church - GOOD LORD that's Huge!

-Cp said:
ROFL - I have no idea what he's talking about either.... hehe....[/QUOTE :spank3: ya are either playing both sides of the fence...or ya missed the rope too!

Quit using coy theological hints. What exactly is your point? That we are all doomed to the Lake of Fire if we don't all worship in the same manner and believe the exact same thing?

Some people enjoy the joyous message of God. He is, after all, the Prince of Peace. God died so that we all can live, despite our sins.
At the same time, not everyone wants to hear how sinful we are on continuous repeat. Every message should not be about being doomed to Hell, or how wicked we are if we don't give enough money.

God is all things to all people. Some feel that the way to worship is to file silently into church and listen respectfully as someone preaches to us.
Others of us enjoy singing, dancing and praising the Holy Spirit. We communicate with Our Lord during the service. If my brother makes a point that moves me, I am going to praise him.
My church has a part of the service where anyone can go to the pulpit and talk about how they have been moved. We have a band and a small choir. Our minister never writes a sermon. He preaches from his heart.

It is all the same message, delivered in a different fashion.

Gabriella84 said:
Some people enjoy the joyous message of God. He is, after all, the Prince of Peace. God died so that we all can live, despite our sins.
At the same time, not everyone wants to hear how sinful we are on continuous repeat. Every message should not be about being doomed to Hell, or how wicked we are if we don't give enough money.

Why must things be expressed in extremes? Of course no one wants to hear about sin and hell all the time. But to completely ignore sin so everyone "feels good" is to go way too much in the other direction. What a perfect church for liberals!

teu31.gif

Abbey Normal said:
Why must things be expressed in extremes? Of course no one wants to hear about sin and hell all the time. But to completely ignore sin so everyone "feels good" is to go way too much in the other direction. What a perfect church for liberals!

teu31.gif
I'm wondering if he's any relation of Claude Osteen, former MLB player ?

dilloduck said:
I'm wondering if he's any relation of Claude Osteen, former MLB player ?

The Dodgers' Koufax-Drysdale-Osteen was one of the best first three starters ever.

In the World Seies Koufax and Drysdale were beat by the Twins in the first two games.

Osteen then shut out the Twins, enabling Koufax to win two, and Drysdale one, with Koufax pitching complete game consecutive shut-outs in the World Series against that year's best hitting team.

USViking said:
The Dodgers' Koufax-Drysdale-Osteen was one of the best first three starters ever.

In the World Seies Koufax and Drysdale were beat by the Twins in the first two games.

Osteen then shut out the Twins, enabling Koufax to win two, and Drysdale one, with Koufax pitching complete game consecutive shut-outs in the World Series against that year's best hitting team.

Had to remind me of that didn't ya-----I was at that series and I WASN'T for the Dodgers! :finger3:

Forum List

Back