NBC's Steve Kornacki Throws Cold Water on Kamala Harris' Chances

That doesn't really solve the problem, which is your outdated immigration system which takes YEARS to approve applicants, and hasn't been updated since Reagan was in office. In other words, before electronic communications, or the ability to make application online, ever became possible.

For example: You can get "Landed Imigrant Status" to enter Canada, in as little as 6 months. It takes 7 to 33 months from the time you submit ALL of your paperwork, to get a "green card". That's nearly 3 years.

So here is what's happening. Highly educated professionals aren't emigrating to the USA. Highly educated professionals whose services are in high demand around the world, have their pick of countries who will welcome them with open arms and open pocket books.

If you want people who can contribute to GDP the moment they land on the tarmac, you're not going to get them. YOU have nothing to offer them but a bad time getting a green card, no universal health care, no top level public education system, no gun control, no mandated vacations, or maternity leave.

Talented, well educated doctor, engineers, architects, and business managers, will not move to the USA, because there are so many BETTER options available. Australia, New Zealand, Canada. Any first world nation is always looking for well educated talent. The USA used to be the "go to" nation if you wanted a country where the "sky was the limit". These days, you're the most difficult country to get into, and imigrants are now seen as the "enemy", stealing jobs from Americans.

You've shot yourselves in the foot - again.

For example: You can get "Landed Imigrant Status" to enter Canada, in as little as 6 months. It takes 7 to 33 months from the time you submit ALL of your paperwork, to get a "green card". That's nearly 3 years.

Do you need a green card in Canada to start a car theft ring?

That's what happens when word gets out that fake asylum claims get you into
the US for years and years, before a court date.

Reject the phony claims at the border. It takes less than 5 minutes. Send them back instantly.
When word gets out that phony claims don't work anymore, they'll stop coming.
As I said, processing court hearings faster, within say a month....doesn't give them the years and years. THAT solves the problem...the word gets around to all the people seeking asylum taking their chances of selling everything they own, and making the dangerous long trip....that it won't be worth the trip to only be turned away by the courts, immediately after arriving, without the 3-5 year wait times in the USA.

I believe I've read that about 40%- 50% at the border are rejected as asylum seekers already...we could probably improve some...

As I said, processing court hearings faster, within say a month....doesn't give them the years and years. THAT solves the problem...the word gets around to all the people seeking asylum taking their chances of selling everything they own, and making the dangerous long trip....that it won't be worth the trip to only be turned away by the courts, immediately after arriving, without the 3-5 year wait times in the USA.

I believe I've read that about 40%- 50% at the border are rejected as asylum seekers already...we could probably improve some...

As I said, processing court hearings faster, within say a month.

Keeping them in a cell for a month or longer with their kids seems cruel.

I believe I've read that about 40%- 50% at the border are rejected as asylum seekers already..

Not when Biden came into office.
Maybe that's his new EO, the one he lied about in his speech Monday?

What does crossing "cartel held lands" have to do with ANYTHING, fool???? Trump didn't stop ANYONE from coming. Illegal border crossings INCREASED when Trump was in office. His policies made everything WORSE, especially cutting aid to El Salvador to fight MS13 violence.

Trump wanted illegal border crossings to rise so he'd have an excuse to build his useless wall. By declaring a National Emergency, it gave him access to sources of funds he couldn't otherwise use, because neither the Republican Congress under Paul Ryan or John Behmer, nor Pelosi's Democrats would approve funding for his dumb wall.

Illegal border crossings are back down below the levels they were under Trump. But Biden had to tear down the concentration camps Trump built, and restore the immigration courts and services, before he could even re-open the Southern Border.
You must not know that the drug/human trafficking cartels control large areas of north Mexico.

If you don’t even know that, why the hell are you commenting on this in the first place?

🤦‍♂️

Forum List

Back