🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NCAA Football just around the corner

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
Anyone have any early, early predictions?

Who will be in the BCS Championship? Who will have a great season?

Will the SEC continue to dominate the championship or is this the year they get taken down?

Texas A&M has a good coach, a good team and a very talented quaterback. If Manziel can keep it together they could make a run for the title. My other pick has to be Florida but not because Muschamp has yet managed to make the Gators into a replica of Alabama smash-mouth football - 4 enjoyable years there set the hook.

The SEC will continue to dominate. How's that for a bold prediction?

Texas A&M has a good coach, a good team and a very talented quaterback. If Manziel can keep it together they could make a run for the title. My other pick has to be Florida but not because Muschamp has yet managed to make the Gators into a replica of Alabama smash-mouth football - 4 enjoyable years there set the hook.

Bold? They have owned the BCS for how many years?

I think Texas A&M will have a great year. I think Bama will beat them, but that may be their only loss.

I think GA and S.Carolina have excellent shots at the SEC East.

Ohio State will be tough, I also look for the Big Twelve to produce some quality teams. Looking at Okie State as a surprise team, but once again the SEC will be dominant.

Bold? They have owned the BCS for how many years?

I think Texas A&M will have a great year. I think Bama will beat them, but that may be their only loss.

I think GA and S.Carolina have excellent shots at the SEC East.

Spurrier will always be a monument in Florida football, player, Heisman winner,..... the fact that he took the Gators to a national championship....., but some of his team decisions and play calling have been less than consistent throughout his career. He is smart and puts together some good teams, can devise innovative plays and formations......but he keeps coming up short - shooting himself in the foot as it were - why is that? Even our national championship under his coaching was in no small measure due to the play of Ohio State that year.

The fact that Florida's schedule is tough, if not the toughest in the SEC this year, and that the Gators don't yet have the roster, I don't see them as real contenders this year.

My pick is that Georgia wins the SEC East.

Ohio State will be tough, I also look for the Big Twelve to produce some quality teams. Looking at Okie State as a surprise team, but once again the SEC will be dominant.

I like Meyer. Sad he left Florida but I know Ohio State will benefit from his coaching and recruiting. Hope Meyers decides to stick around, because it could become something special.

The Texas A & M Aggies will be a force to be reckoned with for the next three seasons.

Johnny Manziel is the real deal. A & M has been getting some fantastic recruits to go along with thier star QB.

The Texas A & M Aggies will be a force to be reckoned with for the next three seasons.

Johnny Manziel is the real deal. A & M has been getting some fantastic recruits to go along with thier star QB.

I agree that Texas A&M will be one of the top teams this year. I just think they will have a loss early in the season. Look back and see how many teams have beaten Saban two years in a row. I guarantee that Saban & Kirby Smart started working on defensive schemes to stop Manziel before the confetti had settled from the BCS Championship game.

Look at Tebow & Florida. They beat Bama in '08. In '09 Bama made Tebow cry and went to the Championship game.

I'm calling it

Ohio State vs LSU

No need to run the season now

Nah, LSU will lose to Bama and probably GA this year.

Dang, then I guess we better run the season after all!

Georgia is always supposed to be in the hunt, rarely is. Bama's got a big target on it's back. LSU will be the sleeper that will manage its way in.

Bama has had a target in our back since the '09 season, and it has only gotten bigger after winning 2 more crystal trophies.

I want everyone to bring their A game.

Bama will be tough, but I never pick the pre season favorite

Looking forward to a season with so many twists and turns we will all need back surgery by the time it's over.

Looking forward to a season with so many twists and turns we will all need back surgery by the time it's over.

I didn't pick Bama to win it all last year. It was supposed to be a rebuilding/reloading year.

This year the defense is tougher and we have more offensive weapons. The main worry is that the defense will not get the rest they have in the past, because the offense will score so much quicker.

Anyone have any early, early predictions?
After the College Champ is "crowned" in the Big Banker Credit Card Bowl there will be NCAA Violations and fines levied against them. Steroids, Improper payments and Academic Cheating stories will come out. The molestation accusations will be suppressed because as you all know, College Football has an "image" to uphold and without that image, there's no Giant TV Contracts.

Players from winning teams will go Pro. Coaches from winning teams will go Pro or to other college teams for more money. The same things happen every year just with different teams.

I didn't pick Bama to win it all last year. It was supposed to be a rebuilding/reloading year.

This year the defense is tougher and we have more offensive weapons. The main worry is that the defense will not get the rest they have in the past, because the offense will score so much quicker.

What a terrible problem to have!

My Huskers used to have the same problem. But that seems like a very very long time ago

Wait, it was a very very long time ago!

Manziel is leaving for the NFL after this year. Im a huge Bama fan, so this next comment may be a little biased...but I think teams will have Johnny Football figured out this year

Manziel is leaving for the NFL after this year. Im a huge Bama fan, so this next comment may be a little biased...but I think teams will have Johnny Football figured out this year

I might want to walk back my enthusiasm for Manziel. I based my respect for "Johnnie Football" on a few clips and not on the Heisman. The more I learn about Johnnie the less I like. His twitter efforts have been less than encouraging. The fact that he is a rich kid doesn't doesn't fit the mold of an athlete that needs a football program to "grow up" in either.

I predict that Manzeil will fuck up..fall on his face and his rich daddy will pick him up....dust him off...bail him out of jail ....and he will exit football disgraced. Winning the Heisman was probably the worst thing that could have happened to him. He is used to getting everything going his way. It won't always be like that. I doubt he will handle adversity well when it comes around...and it always does eventually.

Forum List

Back