Neanderthals Gave Us Our Smart Genes

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
I recall threads in the not to distant past in which certain members cackled about the discovery of Neanderthal genes in the European genome.

Well, it looks like that Neanderthal DNA is what made Homo Sapiens smart, especially in MATH. Neanderthal genes are linked to Advanced intelligence...but these traits are being bred out of modern humans as we descend into Idiocracy.

"The genes for red hair and pale skin didn't match well enough to show a correlation, but I found a correlation for genes linked to other traits. There's a gene cluster linked to advanced mathematics skills, information processing, logic, analytical intelligence, concentration skills, obsession–compulsion and Asperger's syndrome. That cluster correlates very strongly. I can trace some genes back to the interglacial around 450,000 years ago, and others back to another burst of evolutionary innovation during the Eemian interglacial about 130,000 years ago." She rambled on with endless details.

Something wasn't right. She was linking genes for advanced mental skills to Neanderthals. "I'm confused," I said when she paused for a breath. "You're correlating genes linked to modern human intelligence with Neanderthal populations. What am I missing?"

"You didn't want to hear me, I knew that."

"No, I want to hear you. I just asked a question."

"You don't, because I already told you."

I looked at Beth blankly, realizing I was missing a key part of the puzzle. "You said these were Neanderthal genes?"

"Yes, they were," she said. "They weren't in the modern human genome until Neanderthals interbred with Cro-Magnons between 25,000 and 30,000 years ago."

"Advanced mathematical processing? Shouldn't that have been missing from the Neanderthal genome?"

"No, I found that Neanderthals lacked genes linked to successful socialization and management skills. They could count perfectly well, but they couldn't deal with groups. Socialization genes came from Sapiens"

"You're trying to tell me ..." I said, but my mental censor blocked the idea.

"That human mathematical intelligence came from Neanderthals? That's what the data say. The Cro-Magnons had the social skills. But that isn't all."

I stared at her. I couldn't tell that to the research council.

As usual, she couldn't read the warning look on my face. "The hybridization was successful in the Stone Age, but the environment has changed. I found that modern culture selects for socialization but against the Neanderthal traits for mathematics and intelligence," she said, and looked down. "I don't know how you'll survive when our genes are gone."

The Neanderthal correlation Article Nature

I recall threads in the not to distant past in which certain members cackled about the discovery of Neanderthal genes in the European genome.

Well, it looks like that Neanderthal DNA is what made Homo Sapiens smart, especially in MATH. Neanderthal genes are linked to Advanced intelligence...but these traits are being bred out of modern humans as we descend into Idiocracy.

"The genes for red hair and pale skin didn't match well enough to show a correlation, but I found a correlation for genes linked to other traits. There's a gene cluster linked to advanced mathematics skills, information processing, logic, analytical intelligence, concentration skills, obsession–compulsion and Asperger's syndrome. That cluster correlates very strongly. I can trace some genes back to the interglacial around 450,000 years ago, and others back to another burst of evolutionary innovation during the Eemian interglacial about 130,000 years ago." She rambled on with endless details.

Something wasn't right. She was linking genes for advanced mental skills to Neanderthals. "I'm confused," I said when she paused for a breath. "You're correlating genes linked to modern human intelligence with Neanderthal populations. What am I missing?"

I looked at Beth blankly, realizing I was missing a key part of the puzzle. "You said these were Neanderthal genes?"

"Yes, they were," she said. "They weren't in the modern human genome until Neanderthals interbred with Cro-Magnons between 25,000 and 30,000 years ago."

"Advanced mathematical processing? Shouldn't that have been missing from the Neanderthal genome?"

"No, I found that Neanderthals lacked genes linked to successful socialization and management skills. They could count perfectly well, but they couldn't deal with groups. Socialization genes came from Sapiens"

"That human mathematical intelligence came from Neanderthals? That's what the data say. The Cro-Magnons had the social skills. But that isn't all."

As usual, she couldn't read the warning look on my face. "The hybridization was successful in the Stone Age, but the environment has changed. I found that modern culture selects for socialization but against the Neanderthal traits for mathematics and intelligence," she said, and looked down. "I don't know how you'll survive when our genes are gone."

Guess where they there was no interbreeding with Neanderthals?

You do realize that is fiction- right?

fiction by Jeff Hecht

But IT's TWOOOO!!!!!!

That article is from 2008. Neanderthals were the equivalent of autistic kids. This finding is not credible for a couple of reasons. The first being the oldest mathematical artifact was found in the Congo. The Ishango Bone. There were no neaderthals in Africa.

Ishango bone - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Some believe the three columns of asymmetrically grouped notches imply that the implement was used to construct a numeral system.

The central column begins with three notches, and then doubles to 6 notches. The process is repeated for the number 4, which doubles to 8 notches, and then reversed for the number 10, which is halved to 5 notches. These numbers may not be purely random and instead suggest some understanding of the principle of multiplication and division by two. The bone may therefore have been used as a counting tool for simple mathematical procedures.

Furthermore, the numbers on both the left and right column are all odd numbers (9, 11, 13, 17, 19 and 21). The numbers in the left column are all of the prime numbers between 10 and 20 (which form a prime quadruplet), while those in the right column consist of 10 + 1, 10 − 1, 20 + 1 and 20 − 1. The numbers on each side column add up to 60, with the numbers in the central column adding up to 48.

it's not fiction that the two highest scoring races in IQ happen to have neanderthal DNA.
It's not fiction that (pure) negroids don't have neanderthal DNA.

I'm waiting for SCIENTISTS to discover the Thetan Genome.

Wait...there's an idiot on here arguing about I.Q. based on a science fiction story???

^^^ Well, there's an idiot here who is completely and utterly lacking in a sense of humor. ^^^

^^^ Well, there's an idiot here who is completely and utterly lacking in a sense of humor. ^^^
Well since my post wasn't directed at you and you didn't get that fact, you must be referring to yourself...

Well since my post wasn't directed at you and you didn't get that fact, you must be referring to yourself...

it's not fiction that the two highest scoring races in IQ happen to have neanderthal DNA.
Those two races also have the smallest genitalia. How do you know which one is affecting IQ? Correlation does not equal causation. Especially considering neaderthals were only better at visual acuity.

Their Big Eyes May Have Caused Neanderthals Demise Popular Science

Anyone stuck with glasses knows the envy of those with killer eyesight. But visual acuity apparently came at a price, at least for Neanderthals. According to a paper published inProceedings of the Royal Society B this week, Neanderthals' visual acuity in the low-light conditions of northern Europe -- much higher than that of Homo sapiens -- came at the cost of other cognitive skills, such as extended social networks and innovation maintenance.

"The researchers found that Neanderthals that lived 25-75K years ago had a much higher proportion of their brains dedicated to visual processing, even when compared with anatomically modern humans living during the same time period. This specialization of their brains, the scientists propose, mean that less neural tissue was left over for higher-order reasoning, problem-solving and creating elaborate social networks. This would limit the Neanderthals' abilities to, for example, trade for resources not endemic to their local habitat, or in times of local scarcity. Additionally, the scientists claim, Neanderthals' ability to develop or learn new technologies could have suffered due to their brains' specialization on visual acuity."

Those two races also have the smallest genitalia.
How do you know?
Women talk.
hmmm..women? LMAO....like I said..how would you know?
Women talk. So do Researchers.

11 Random Findings In a Study of Penis Sizes Around the World - 11 Points

1. Broad, general averages by race. There's a heavy focus in the report on the different penis sizes based on the racial makeup of the countries. The author even breaks down a very rough general look at penis sizes by race.

To make all this simpler, he concludes Asians are 4 to 5.5 inches and 1.25 in diameter... whites are 5.5 inches to 6 inches and 1.5 inches in diameter... and blacks are 6.25 to 8 inches and 2 inches in diameter. Of course there are a ton of outliers for all the races in both directions but those measurements are roughly at the top of the sausage party of a bell curve.

Last edited:
"The researchers found that Neanderthals that lived 25-75K years ago had a much higher proportion of their brains dedicated to visual processing, even when compared with anatomically modern humans living during the same time period. This specialization of their brains, the scientists propose, mean that less neural tissue was left over for higher-order reasoning, problem-solving and creating elaborate social networks. This would limit the Neanderthals' abilities to, for example, trade for resources not endemic to their local habitat, or in times of local scarcity. Additionally, the scientists claim, Neanderthals' ability to develop or learn new technologies could have suffered due to their brains' specialization on visual acuity."

more afrocentric nonsense...

what "researchers"? which "scientists"?

more afrocentric nonsense...

what "researchers"? which "scientists"?
See my first link. Denial is not a good look on you.

How do you know?
Women talk.

1. Broad, general averages by race. There's a heavy focus in the report on the different penis sizes based on the racial makeup of the countries. The author even breaks down a very rough general look at penis sizes by race.

To make all this simpler, he concludes Asians are 4 to 5.5 inches and 1.25 in diameter... whites are 5.5 inches to 6 inches and 1.5 inches in diameter... and blacks are 6.25 to 8 inches and 2 inches in diameter. Of course there are a ton of outliers for all the races in both directions but those measurements are roughly at the top of the sausage party of a bell curve.
How do you know?
Women talk.

a blog?

LMAO at the type of person who scours the internet for comparisons of penis sizes....
whatever, coon.

How do you know?
Women talk.

How do you know?
Women talk.

a blog?

LMAO at the type of person who scours the internet for comparisons of penis sizes....
whatever, coon.

How do you know?
Women talk.

How do you know?
Women talk.

a blog?

whatever, coon.
Well you asked so I looked. The study is linked at the bottom. The blog is just funny as hell. Sorry if it hurt your feelings. :laugh:

Forum List

Back