Need a new computer

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Can anyone recommend a good brand in the 5 to 6 hundred dollar range? I need two actually. I need a dvd drive, hard drive, usb ports, card reader, the usual stuff.

Can anyone recommend a good brand in the 5 to 6 hundred dollar range? I need two actually. I need a dvd drive, hard drive, usb ports, card reader, the usual stuff.

You will need an external DVD drive if buying a new computer.

Laptops or desktops?

How are you planning to use it? Office documents (e.g. Word, Excel)? Casual browsing? Email? Gaming?

External USB-connected DVD drives run about $25, so there's no need to have one built in.

Will those read the dvd's?

You have to buy a separate unit.
But now that I know you're looking for a desktop I cant be for certain.
I gave up on desktops years ago since laptops have gotten so much better.
My Apple Macbook Pro is actually more powerful than most desktops but the price is pretty high at $2400 bucks.

lenovo.jpg

Opinions?

If you want one that doesn't honor their warranty then an HP

Forum List

Back