Need work?

Self-publishing is going to be the way to go for me. I've got my first novel rough draft 2/3 complete, and then the two chapters I posted here will likely be the basis of the second novel. I just got done reading that a friend of mine - a friend! Just somebody that did content mill writing back in the day, when I did. - .... shaking my damn head.

She had a five-figure sales month. And she's not even one of their top sellers, nor anywhere near.

I'm tired of standing in my way. I can do this, I know I can.

And I will.

Self-publishing is going to be the way to go for me. I've got my first novel rough draft 2/3 complete, and then the two chapters I posted here will likely be the basis of the second novel. I just got done reading that a friend of mine - a friend! Just somebody that did content mill writing back in the day, when I did. - .... shaking my damn head.

She had a five-figure sales month. And she's not even one of their top sellers, nor anywhere near.

I'm tired of standing in my way. I can do this, I know I can.

And I will.

Some people can sell e-books on Amazon. There are articles on the web how to do this. I can't afford to put a book in print but I think I can afford to write an E-book.

If there are any artists that could do a cover, let me know and maybe I'll use you in the future.

I find it funny that you say to never pay them and the Amazon link wants $15 dollars.

Most of them do which is why they are scams.

We looked online years ago and there were mispellings in ads or they want you to send them money which means they are scams.

The whole idea is that they are supposed to pay you for work and not the other way around.

Trust me I know. If there was something out there everyone would be doing it including me.

That would be true if it was a get rich scheme. These are not. Some pay pennies - but pennies add up. And unless you're getting paid to take a piss on my thread, the people earning pennies are making more than you are.

I personally know two people who quit their jobs because they made enough to do so, by self-publishing on Amazon.

One of them is my nephew.

So, Politico: Why aren't you doing the same?

elance.com & guru.com

Both are freelance websites for..well.....freelancers.

:up:

I personally know two people who quit their jobs because they made enough to do so, by self-publishing on Amazon.

You have to write a lot of the self-help type books that sell for the 1.99 to 4.00 niche....I'm not saying it can't be done, but it IS a lot of work.

You have to write a lot of the self-help type books that sell for the 1.99 to 4.00 niche....I'm not saying it can't be done, but it IS a lot of work.

Nope. My nephew has three books out, and he retired on the first. The third just came out on the 30th - he's been at home for a year now.

The other person I know just had a five-figure month in October. All she's written is a series which I would like to name, but there are idiots who will go write bad reviews just to mess with me.

A fellow writer brought this one to my attention. She is trustworthy - I have not checked them out myself.

Freelance Writing Jobs | Online Writing Resources and Community

FYI, they are not currently hiring, but you can get on a waiting list (if you are a good writer.)
WritersDigest.com

Much better resource..I am also a member of the AWAI, though just recently. I'm rather disappointed with them as its a selling scheme.

Okay, point of clarification.

It's a selling scheme?

Or they have an affiliate program.

Nope. My nephew has three books out, and he retired on the first. The third just came out on the 30th - he's been at home for a year now.

The other person I know just had a five-figure month in October. All she's written is a series which I would like to name, but there are idiots who will go write bad reviews just to mess with me.
Yeah, it can happen. But you have to admit, its more the exception than the rule.

The research I have on it is that you do the freebie to 4.99 market with small books. This earns you a reputation and gets your some name recognition. Then you go on to better things, but everyone agrees that its a 3 to 7 year process.

Not everyone can be J.K. Rowling.

A fellow writer brought this one to my attention. She is trustworthy - I have not checked them out myself.

Freelance Writing Jobs | Online Writing Resources and Community

FYI, they are not currently hiring, but you can get on a waiting list (if you are a good writer.)
WritersDigest.com

Much better resource..I am also a member of the AWAI, though just recently. I'm rather disappointed with them as its a selling scheme.

Okay, point of clarification.

It's a selling scheme?

Or they have an affiliate program.
They market courses on copy-writing. The courses are legitimate, but very expensive. The field is lucrative, but only if you can figure out the niche angles.

I signed up looking for some free advice (which I have managed to get) and some tips and other resources, but for 14.95 per month, I'm not seeing the best value for the money. I only bring it up because any writing gig is a 'work from home' project, and I love to write.

But AWAI is something to go into only if you're an experienced writer and with your eyes wide open.

Yeah, it can happen. But you have to admit, its more the exception than the rule.

The research I have on it is that you do the freebie to 4.99 market with small books. This earns you a reputation and gets your some name recognition. Then you go on to better things, but everyone agrees that its a 3 to 7 year process.

Common wisdom also once said self-publishing is for no-talent hacks. ;)

My nephew really is just that good. My friend ... needs a bit of work, but I AM only on her first book, so I am guessing she improves, else how could she have a five-figure month? Also, the serious money seems to be in .99 offerings, and (as you stated) lots of them.

There's a lot more to this subject than we can probably cover in here, but it is fun chatting about it somewhere other than my writing board. ;)

My nephew really is just that good. My friend ... needs a bit of work, but I AM only on her first book, so I am guessing she improves, else how could she have a five-figure month? Also, the serious money seems to be in .99 offerings, and (as you stated) lots of them.

There's a lot more to this subject than we can probably cover in here, but it is fun chatting about it somewhere other than my writing board. ;)
Which board?

LOL

Actually, if you self publish and THEN fail, that makes you a no-talent hack.

Or to broke to buy enough books!

Forum List

Back