Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Cosmos and science ignorance

I'm certain you love everyone who reinforces your biases and prejudices.

In the article Tyson discusses why he doesn't debate people who deny evolution, not global warming, so the title of the thread is deliberately misleading.

Tyson is mostly just an administrator and TV personality. He's not some brilliant scientist. He knows very little about climate science - no more than the average educated layman.
That's funny coming from you.

I have been told by four different deniers that AGW was not falsifiable. I have yet to get an explanation for that position. What's the hold up?

Easy. Does AGW cause more rain or less rain? More snow or less snow? Warmer temps or cooler temps? I can show you peer reviewed papers (and they are in fact in a few of these innumerable threads on here) that claim each and every one of those for AGW.

That's not how science works. You get one or the other. Not both. You guys always claim both sides.

Frank, we're already know you're dumb enough to think that "But CO2 follows temp!" is a sensible argument. Non-'tards understand that, since conditions in the present are different, the present won't act like the past. So as Abe said, pipe down because the grownups are trying to talk.

And Helena, your friend was a 'tard for passing on his urban legend list to you, and you should be ashamed of falling for such nonsense. If you can't understand that warming means warming, you shouldn't be bothering the grownups either.
Its always that way....except when its not.....*did you stomp your foot too?

I have been told by four different deniers that AGW was not falsifiable. I have yet to get an explanation for that position. What's the hold up?

Easy. Does AGW cause more rain or less rain? More snow or less snow? Warmer temps or cooler temps? I can show you peer reviewed papers (and they are in fact in a few of these innumerable threads on here) that claim each and every one of those for AGW.

That's not how science works. You get one or the other. Not both. You guys always claim both sides.

You really don't understand the question, do you. Let's try again.

Why do you believe that the theory that says human activity is the primary cause of the global warming we've experienced the last 150 years is not falsifiable? If the only answer you've got for us is a display of your personal ignorance, I can accept that. We all have our limitations.

ps: A hint: AGW is not defined by the posts on this message board.

There wasn't a detectable difference in the global climate after the conflagration. You didn't hear a peep out of these numskulls about nuclear winter after that.

Sagan was a fool, just as all leftists are fools.

What do you think happens when we have a major volcanic eruption Whizzo?
We had one here, fairly major too. Is the Earth warmer because of it?

How silly. Why do weathermen and women offer local weather reports as opposed to one global weather report?

Because it can be raining in one region, while sunny in another, vice versa.

Lord God help us if you think when it's raining in your region of the US that it must be raining for the whole planet.

Unfalsifiable means there are no conditions under which AGW can be proven wrong.

So why are deniers arguing that there is plenty of reason and evidence to prove AGW wrong?

Either the claim is falsifiable and thus to be disputed or the claim is unfalsifiable in which case reason and evidence have no place.

What's happening is deniers find out about a term and immediately they begin scheming how to use language as a weapon to fight their completely ridiculous and unfalsifiable claim. What's unfalsifiable is the belief deniers use to carry out patently false claims. They believe they are infallible despite claiming they aren't. Hence people like westwall will never learn that the Oregon Petition is a piece of propaganda, not information or that it can rain and not rain on earth without causing some metaphysical contradiction. The denier is offering yet another projection of their claims when they assert AGW is unfalsifiable.

Last edited:
There wasn't a detectable difference in the global climate after the conflagration. You didn't hear a peep out of these numskulls about nuclear winter after that.

Sagan was a fool, just as all leftists are fools.

Boy, you keep right up with all the latest, don't you.

The world gets COOLER when volcanoes erupt. I'll leave the causative function as an exercise for the reader.

Twice, in this thread, I have posted four, eminently falsifiable claims included in AGW. The only one to make any response was Crusader Frank. Are any of you hotshots - particularly those of you that want to kill people over this - willing to defend your claim that AGW is not falsifiable?

Last edited:
Twice, in this thread, I have posted four, eminently falsifiable claims included in AGW. The only one to make any response was Crusader Frank and I hope I don't have to explain how much that was worth. Are any of you hotshot - particularly those of you that want to kill people over this - willing to defend your claims?

No need to explain Frank's efforts. We know they tend to be mushy to loose. Very strained, however.

I think the problem facing your question is in order to get discussable replies, you need to set these stupid adults down and re-educated them. Excise the cancer of their brain: the ideological fanaticism is so through the roof that anything you say becomes a weapon they use against you. That takes dedication to spite and irrationality. It seems that engaging them only supports their religious fervor against human thinking for .001 miliseconds. Repeating mantras rather than sensible replies has become the only reply.

Last edited:
Twice, in this thread, I have posted four, eminently falsifiable claims included in AGW. The only one to make any response was Crusader Frank and I hope I don't have to explain how much that was worth. Are any of you hotshot - particularly those of you that want to kill people over this - willing to defend your claims?

IceCores1.gif

600,000 year data set falsifies your AGWCult of CO2 driving climate

Boy, you keep right up with all the latest, don't you.

The world gets COOLER when volcanoes erupt. I'll leave the causative function as an exercise for the reader.

right, Global Warming makes it Warmer and Cooler, it's Global WarmerCoolering and Global CoolerWarmering

Forum List

Back