Neil Young Says No to Donald Trump’s Use of ‘Rockin’ in the Free World’

Neil Young supports Bernie Sanders! :beer:

neil-young-donald-trump.jpg

Neil Young's manager says Trump was not authorized to use ‘Rockin’ In The Free World’ in his presidential candidacy announcement.

Neil Young Objects to Donald Trump s Use of Free World Variety

If I play my music to loud would I get sued?

ASCAP doesn't license music for individual use. It collects royalties from radio stations, and other mass users of music. Music for figure skating competitions is licensed through ASCAP.

Uses like television or radio commercials, movies or TV broadcasts, or political campaigns require direct negotiations with the owner of the copyright.

Neil Young's manager says Trump was not authorized to use ‘Rockin’ In The Free World’ in his presidential candidacy announcement.

No, just like what will happen, or has happened to Trump, you will get a warning to stop before legal action is taken. In Trump's case it is a threat of civil action, in cases of load music it is a usually a threat of criminal action, but can include civil action also.

“Through a license agreement with ASCAP, Mr. Trump’s campaign paid for and obtained the legal right to use Neil Young’s recording of ‘Rockin’ in the Free World’ at today’s event.

Do you morons ever read your own links?

Don't you morons ever try to keep up with the thread?

The Trump campaign says it used the song legally — through a licensing deal with ASCAP, the musicians' copyright group. But as Rolling Stone notes, ASCAP's rules are different for using music in a political message; they require a campaign to reach out to the song's owners.

Neil Young Is Displeased That Donald Trump Was Rockin In The Free World The Two-Way NPR

upload_2015-6-18_7-5-48.png

Are you suggesting Neil Young is "music"?

I've heard dying animals that sounded better.

Did the dying animal impact tens of millions if not hundreds of millions with his opinions and philosophies while living like a rock star for over 45 years? For fun with his son the guy bought a toy train company. Biggest and most famous one in the world, Lionel.

I close my eyes, and for some reason

I see wedding cakes, decorated in themes of Neil Young songs.

Poor Right Wingers...can't get a decent band to allow them to play their music. Maybe if their policies didn't suck...

Sometime in the future folks will look at a building with Trump plaque on it and ask "what the fuck was a Trump" with a Neil Young song playing in the background.

Neil is Canadian. WTF does he care about U.S. politics?

Um, he has a ranch in La Honda, California.

Do you people not know how to use the Google?

Nothing worse than old Communist hippy has-been whining. He should actually thank Trump for making him somewhat relevant again. Then he should just quietly go away.

Nothing worse than old Communist hippy has-been whining. He should actually thank Trump for making him somewhat relevant again. Then he should just quietly go away.

You actually think Trump is relevant? Of course you do, you also believe in the Jade Helm conspiracy, you fruit cake.

You actually think Trump is relevant? Of course you do, you also believe in the Jade Helm conspiracy, you fruit cake.

Time for another old Communist hippy has-been to just go away. It's over. No one wants to hear tired old man Communist whining. Young should give Trump a call and thank him for making him relevant again for a day. Then he should just quietly go away.

Time for another old Communist hippy has-been to just go away. It's over. No one wants to hear tired old man Communist whining. Young should give Trump a call and thank him for making him relevant again for a day. Then he should just quietly go away.

God damn, you're stupid.

Get back over on the conspiracy section where you belong.

Here, maybe this will keep you busy for a while. Alex Jones has decoded Jade Helm.

Investigative Report Jade Helm Mystery Solved Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind

God damn, you're stupid.

Get back over on the conspiracy section where you belong.

Here, maybe this will keep you busy for a while. Alex Jones has decoded Jade Helm.

Investigative Report Jade Helm Mystery Solved Alex Jones Infowars There s a war on for your mind

Neil Young blows. He's such a whiner. And his music is for fellow Communist pussy whiners. I'm guessing you're a big fan. ;)

Forum List

Back