Neil Young Says No to Donald Trump’s Use of ‘Rockin’ in the Free World’

Given neither Trump or the man Young supports Sanders has a snowballs chance in hell of winning their party's nomination i say big whoop.

You just don't get it. The short list for getting on stage for the televised GOP debates just got reorganized. It's a very big whoop.
You are the who just doesn't get it no one other than loons consider Trump a serious candidate he gives good sound bites but that is all he brings to the table.
It is much more. It looks like he has the numbers to knock a few candidates out of the FOX fixed debates, including Perry and Kasich. Kasich in particular has been viewed as weak for the primaries but strong for the general. Getting knocked out of the debates could spell doom for any chance at a primary success.

Neil Young supports Bernie Sanders! :beer:

neil-young-donald-trump.jpg

Neil Young's manager says Trump was not authorized to use ‘Rockin’ In The Free World’ in his presidential candidacy announcement.

Neil Young Objects to Donald Trump s Use of Free World Variety

Neil is Canadian. WTF does he care about U.S. politics?

Given neither Trump or the man Young supports Sanders has a snowballs chance in hell of winning their party's nomination i say big whoop.

You just don't get it. The short list for getting on stage for the televised GOP debates just got reorganized. It's a very big whoop.
You are the who just doesn't get it no one other than loons consider Trump a serious candidate he gives good sound bites but that is all he brings to the table.
It is much more. It looks like he has the numbers to knock a few candidates out of the FOX fixed debates, including Perry and Kasich. Kasich in particular has been viewed as weak for the primaries but strong for the general. Getting knocked out of the debates could spell doom for any chance at a primary success.
Donald Trump is Pat Paulsen with bad hair and more personality. If by chance you don't know who Paulsen is google him.

For what it's worth I heard a radio report this morning the Trump camp told Young to shove his request up his ass, claiming they'd done the legal paperwork or whatever to be able to use it. Whether the report was correct or not I guess we'll have to wait and see.

If anything Trump makes me laugh. Some of stuff he says. No sugar coating.

Like where's Obummer's birf certificate? lol Yep, that makes me laugh too!

yeah, but the right doesn't care how stupid what their pols say is.... so long as they spew garbage about the president and anyone to the left of atilla the hun.

Neil Young's manager says Trump was not authorized to use ‘Rockin’ In The Free World’ in his presidential candidacy announcement.

they care when the US elects stupid people because they screw up the world stage.

or do you not understand that?

either way, it's neil's song. he controls who uses it. maybe rightwing pols should ask first before they usurp others' work.

What? You think Trump only steals from Americans?

Notice how not one of our rabid RWs believes a liberal should have control of his own work ...

Oh Gawd, another whiny old Communist hippy has-been. Neil Young blows hard. He's always whining about something. I swear, nothing worse than aging balding old Communist hippy whining. They try desperately to stay relevant. It's very pathetic. Time for them to just go away. They're embarrassing themselves.

You need to click your finger on your sarcasm detector, the needle is obviously stuck. Seriously, how did you not get that? Wow

You need to click your finger on your sarcasm detector, the needle is obviously stuck. Seriously, how did you not get that? Wow.

“Through a license agreement with ASCAP, Mr. Trump’s campaign paid for and obtained the legal right to use Neil Young’s recording of ‘Rockin’ in the Free World’ at today’s event.

Do you morons ever read your own links?

I would guess Trumps peeps liked the title of the song and didn't bother reading the lyrics.
Now if these same peeps are his policy people, Trump will continue being the butt of a lot of jokes.

“Through a license agreement with ASCAP, Mr. Trump’s campaign paid for and obtained the legal right to use Neil Young’s recording of ‘Rockin’ in the Free World’ at today’s event.

Don't you morons ever try to keep up with the thread?

The Trump campaign says it used the song legally — through a licensing deal with ASCAP, the musicians' copyright group. But as Rolling Stone notes, ASCAP's rules are different for using music in a political message; they require a campaign to reach out to the song's owners.

Neil Young Is Displeased That Donald Trump Was Rockin In The Free World The Two-Way NPR

I would guess Trumps peeps liked the title of the song and didn't bother reading the lyrics.
Now if these same peeps are his policy people, Trump will continue being the butt of a lot of jokes.

Thank you!

NEIL YOUNG LYRICS
"Rockin' In The Free World"

There's colors on the street
Red, white and blue
People shufflin' their feet
People sleepin' in their shoes
But there's a warnin' sign
on the road ahead
There's a lot of people sayin'
we'd be better off dead
Don't feel like Satan,
but I am to them
So I try to forget it,
any way I can.

Keep on rockin' in the free world,
Keep on rockin' in the free world
Keep on rockin' in the free world.

I see a woman in the night
With a baby in her hand
Under an old street light
Near a garbage can
Now she puts the kid away,
and she's gone to get a hit
She hates her life,
and what she's done to it
There's one more kid
that will never go to school
Never get to fall in love,
never get to be cool.

We got a thousand points of light
For the homeless man
We got a kinder, gentler,
Machine gun hand
We got department stores
and toilet paper
Got styrofoam boxes
for the ozone layer
Got a man of the people,
says keep hope alive
Got fuel to burn,
got roads to drive.

I hope Neil sues for defamation of character, and copy write infringement.

And you think Trump would care why?

Because it will show what a liar Trump is. He claims he paid royalty fees, which if he had Neil couldn't very well tell him to stop using his music......and we'll find out soon enough what a big liar he is when he has to file that he paid people $50 to cheer for him....when he made his announcement, which he is denying.

Geez, I sure hope you all pick him as your candidate.....fits right into the mentality of the GOP base.

I remember Bruce Springstein objecting to Ronnie Reagan using "Born in the USA" for his 1984 campaign and when Reagan's people tried to get the rights to use the song, he suggested they go back and read the lyrics, and "No".

Yeah....that is what he says........but you know, only a moron would pay for something and then agree not to use it because he's told he can't.

Don't you ever use logic? Why would you call yourself "logic" if you are lacking in it?

Today s Music News Donald Trump agrees to stop playing Neil Young song at campaign events Local Current Blog The Current from Minnesota Public Radio

Forum List

Back