Neil Young Says No to Donald Trump’s Use of ‘Rockin’ in the Free World’

Since I am neither a fan of Neil Young or Donald Trump there is no downside in this for me. However if anybody starts using AC/DC songs without premession thats a whole other story.

You need to click your finger on your sarcasm detector, the needle is obviously stuck. Seriously, how did you not get that? Wow

You need to click your finger on your sarcasm detector, the needle is obviously stuck. Seriously, how did you not get that? Wow.

Your post was only sarcastic if you believed he was serious. Liberals are such idiots

Remember when the Boss asked Reagan's camp to not use Born in the USA. Generally not wise to appropriate songs w/o asking the artist first. And God I hated the Clintons and Fleetwood Mac.

Yes, that was odd, the song is America hating. It wasn't just Reagan though, the left regularly pointed to that song to claim how patriotic he is. I was always for both, wow, have you read the lyrics?

I hope Neil sues for defamation of character, and copy write infringement.

And you think Trump would care why?

Because it will show what a liar Trump is. He claims he paid royalty fees, which if he had Neil couldn't very well tell him to stop using his music......and we'll find out soon enough what a big liar he is when he has to file that he paid people $50 to cheer for him....when he made his announcement, which he is denying.

Geez, I sure hope you all pick him as your candidate.....fits right into the mentality of the GOP base.

Wow, so if this turns out to be true, then Trump will lose your vote?

You need to click your finger on your sarcasm detector, the needle is obviously stuck. Seriously, how did you not get that? Wow

You need to click your finger on your sarcasm detector, the needle is obviously stuck. Seriously, how did you not get that? Wow.

Your post was only sarcastic if you believed he was serious. Liberals are such idiots

No, if he was serious than it would have been irony. That he was not serious is why it was sarcasm.

No, if he was serious than it would have been irony. That he was not serious is why it was sarcasm.

Your point only made sense as sarcasm if you thought he was being serious, he was OBVIOUSLY being sarcastic.

You obviously did not realize that he was being sincere. Just grow a pair and admit it was your bad. Or don't, whatever, leftists never do grow a pair. Then you do turn your manhood over go government, so why would you suddenly start now?

Your point only made sense as sarcasm if you thought he was being serious, he was OBVIOUSLY being sarcastic.

You obviously did not realize that he was being sincere. Just grow a pair and admit it was your bad. Or don't, whatever, leftists never do grow a pair. Then you do turn your manhood over go government, so why would you suddenly start now?

First of all, it was not my point. One sarcastic post was responded to with another sarcastic post. Both were sarcastic. You failed to see the sarcasm in the second, and are the only person who did so. Your objection was serious, the poster you were responding to was not serious. Thus, his post was sarcasm, and your post was ironic.

Just grow a pair and admit it was your bad.

First of all, it was not my point. One sarcastic post was responded to with another sarcastic post. Both were sarcastic. You failed to see the sarcasm in the second, and are the only person who did so. Your objection was serious, the poster you were responding to was not serious. Thus, his post was sarcasm, and your post was ironic.

Just grow a pair and admit it was your bad.

Maybe you can explain the humor to me.

Someone writes something stupid

Someone writes a sarcastic post to the stupid post

Someone (you) writes a "sarcastic" post that completely sounds like you thought the sarcastic post was serious.

However, it turns out you were being sarcastic mocking the person who wrote the sarcastic person by sounding like you took them seriously.

That's funny ... because ...

Trump is so cheap he didn't want to pay royalty fees to Neil.....
In another thread Flash said to me So now you pathetic hate filled Moon Bats queers hate the Beach Boys because they are Trump supporters?

I'm here to see if he had an opinion about Neil. Oh Flash, come out come out wherever you are.

Meh, Neil Young has no range in his voice. It's monotonous, strained, screechy and whiny. And he sucks at guitar too.
Just what I thought. Republicans suddenly didn't like Neil just because he didn't like Trump.

they care when the US elects stupid people because they screw up the world stage.

or do you not understand that?

either way, it's neil's song. he controls who uses it. maybe rightwing pols should ask first before they usurp others' work.
I saw a movie about the Beach Boys last night. Older movie on HBO. I was just pointing out how crazy Brian Wilson was. Suddenly a Republican mocks me because he thinks I'm anti Beach Boy because they like Trump. I didn't even know. But it's funny because what a hypocrite. Immediately I remembered how Republicans reacted to Neil Young when he didn't let Trump play his music.

Something tells me Trump wasn't planning on paying for it even if he did get permission. He's illegally used music more than once without permission and without paying royalties. He's not the type of person who respects anyone else's property.

In another thread Flash said to me So now you pathetic hate filled Moon Bats queers hate the Beach Boys because they are Trump supporters?

I'm here to see if he had an opinion about Neil. Oh Flash, come out come out wherever you are.

I don't get my political views from musicians. I used to have a lot of friends in the business, and was married to a professional musician. I respect Neil Young for putting his money where his mouth is, but nobody should vote for someone because their favourite movie, TV or music star votes for them.

I don't get my political views from musicians. I used to have a lot of friends in the business, and was married to a professional musician. I respect Neil Young for putting his money where his mouth is, but nobody should vote for someone because their favourite movie, TV or music star votes for them.
Taylor Swift is pro choice. She should tell her followers who she's voting for and why.

I would agree with you if you were talking about a preacher or priest.

Nobody should vote for someone because their priest tells them to right?

OR, perhaps, Taylor has her followers just like your priest is telling you who to vote for. A lot of Taylor's followers don't go to church. So who should tell them who they should vote for?

Or do you agree with me your priest should keep his politics to himself?

Nobody should vote for someone because their priest tells them to right?

No preacher should be telling ANYONE who to vote for, on the right or the left, and I would leave any congregation which tried to tell me who to vote for. Any church telling it's adherents how to vote, should have their tax free status lifted immediately.

No preacher should be telling ANYONE who to vote for, on the right or the left, and I would leave any congregation which tried to tell me who to vote for. Any church telling it's adherents how to vote, should have their tax free status lifted immediately.
My Greek Orthodox Church NEVER did it as far as I could tell. But they do today. Just depends on the preacher and if he's been politicized to weaponize his power and influence. My priest is a nice guy, but he's clearly a Republican.

At Summer Camp he told them why Muslims and Gays were bad. Luckily my nephews have Muslim friends and know gay kids in their school so they didn't fall for it but who knows how many did. He's shaping minds. Future Republican voters.

Taylor Swift doesn't get tax breaks to keep her mouth shut. Neither did Ronald Reagan, the actor. Or Trump, the reality tv star. So why shouldn't Taylor Swift speak up and why shouldn't little girls like her listen? They have a lot in common. They may not like all the anti abortion laws Republicans have passed. She's mobilizing them and energizing. She should use her platform. A lot of celebrities can't do it because they'll lose half their following. Not a lot of Republican little girls who love Trump I'm assuming. Taylor has a lot of power. I love it she's one of us.

Forum List

Back