Netflix: 'The Confession Killer' & 'The Innocence Files'

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
I watched 'The Confession Killer' last night and am only on the 2nd episode of the 'Innocence Files' which I paused when they began talking about 'Parchman Penitentiary' and showed video snippets of actual convicts who were returned to captivity utilizing convict leasing which leased out primarily Black prisoners to businesses and others who could then work them to death and simply replacement with newer convicts.

On the other hand, the 'Confession Killer' shows the abuse of the criminal justice system in Texas by individuals and groups, including the Texas Rangers, a sheriff & prosecutor and the lengths they went to retaliate against the main person who questioned some of their methods and in actuality brought to light that they were manipulating an individual they had in custody (a 'low IQ' man) and allowing him to confess to murders he couldn't haven't possibly committed in order to raise their clearance rate (number of murders 'solved').

Everyone involved in 'The Confession Killer' saga is white while all of the victims in the episodes I've currently watching in the 'Innocence Files' are Black, the accused included. And one of the defendants in the 'Innocence Files' was locked up when the 2nd abduction, sexual assault & murder of a 2nd 3-year old girl occurred.

1724636187634.png
1724636288531.png

I seem to remember reading about, back in the day, the way the south kept slavery alive was just rounding up and arresting black men, and allowing them an alternative to jail by "working" their sentence off.

Forum List

Back