Should the name Death Row get changed?

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
Premise: People die pretty often in hospitals. But hospitals do not claim they have death rows.
It struck me today how strange it is for a prison to call cells of the premise, Death Row.
None of the convicts there are dead. They are waiting death. But what got me thinking is the pending execution on Feb 28 of two convicts. Thomas Creech in Idaho and Ivan Cantu in Texas.

About Ivan: The foreman of the Collin County jury that sent Ivan Cantu to death row hopes Gov. Greg Abbott presses pause on the execution.

Creech wants to live based on the fact he was sentenced by a Judge and the US Supreme Court ruled in 2002 that only Juries can legally sentence inmates to death.

As to the inmates, if you are interested, you know the names of both and can do your investigation.
But what do you think about changing the name from Death Row to a more appropriate name?
Suggest an improvement should you want to play a role.

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave the Hotel California. Same for Hotel Wisconsin?
I am a native of CA so maybe I did not understand it well. Even when I was in Berlin and the Communists were there, I was able to check out.

Premise: People die pretty often in hospitals. But hospitals do not claim they have death rows.
It struck me today how strange it is for a prison to call cells of the premise, Death Row.
None of the convicts there are dead. They are waiting death. But what got me thinking is the pending execution on Feb 28 of two convicts. Thomas Creech in Idaho and Ivan Cantu in Texas.

About Ivan: The foreman of the Collin County jury that sent Ivan Cantu to death row hopes Gov. Greg Abbott presses pause on the execution.

Creech wants to live based on the fact he was sentenced by a Judge and the US Supreme Court ruled in 2002 that only Juries can legally sentence inmates to death.

As to the inmates, if you are interested, you know the names of both and can do your investigation.
But what do you think about changing the name from Death Row to a more appropriate name?
Life-challenged row?

Why are you comparing sick people in a hospital to convicted violent criminals in a prison?
We don't need a woke name change, death row is fine.

death row is just fine,,

you can consider naming it
the "FUCK AROUND AND FIND OUT CLUB"

Forum List

Back