Zone1 Mormons are fine, but I have to call BS on the golden plates story.

It's the Golden Plates story that just sounds like pure fantasy to me.

I guess I have to ask why ?

The Book of Mormon was taken from those plates (BTW: Did you know we only got 1/3 of what is on the plates.....we get the other 2/3 when we show we are faithful to the first 1/3 ?)

If the Book of Mormon didn't come from those plates, where did it come from.

Many claim Joseph Smith made it up.

Seems like a strange story to make up.

But, again, what make it sound like fantasy to you ?

That is not convenience. Prophets existed through Old Testament times. They taught of Christ.

If you are saying the Bible is "perfect" I would say that is simply not the case.

How was the Bible we have today created ?
The Bible was created by God as He inspired men to put His message to paper. The message is from God to His creation and through His creation.

It was created during and after the time of Christ as God inspired men to write His message and His history down. All glory goes to God.

The bible we have today was put together in the fourth century. Bible comes from Biblia which literally means books ?

There are many books called apocrypha that were not included. Some are referenced in the New Testament.

Several books of the New Testament were written after Revelations.

Revelations was put at the end because of it's subject matter. It was not tagged onto an existing set of books.

Soooooo.........you know the questions already.

The warning against adding to the book can be found in the Old Testament.

So who decided what went into the bible ?

Why do we have books in the bible after the book of revelation ?

Why can't God speak to us today ? Why do you limit him ?

The bible we have today was put together in the fourth century. Bible comes from Biblia which literally means books ?

There are many books called apocrypha that were not included. Some are referenced in the New Testament.

Several books of the New Testament were written after Revelations.

Revelations was put at the end because of it's subject matter. It was not tagged onto an existing set of books.

Soooooo.........you know the questions already.

The warning against adding to the book can be found in the Old Testament.

So who decided what went into the bible ?

Why do we have books in the bible after the book of revelation ?

Why can't God speak to us today ? Why do you limit him ?
Who inspired the men of the past to "put the Bible together?" Could God have played a significant role?

Who inspired the men of the past to "put the Bible together?" Could God have played a significant role?

Of course he could (and likely did).

Did they get it 100% perfect. NO.

Moses came down from Mt Siani with the higher law and Isreal was not ready to receive it. So he broke the tablets and they got the 10 commandments (which we know they had already).

When Christ came he fullfilled that law, thus indicating a progression. Is our progression complete ? Not by a long shot.

Of course he could (and likely did).

Did they get it 100% perfect. NO.

Moses came down from Mt Siani with the higher law and Isreal was not ready to receive it. So he broke the tablets and they got the 10 commandments (which we know they had already).

When Christ came he fullfilled that law, thus indicating a progression. Is our progression complete ? Not by a long shot.
How do you know "they" didn't get it perfect? If God isn't able to inspire His creation perfectly, then God isn't perfect.

How do you know "they" didn't get it perfect? If God isn't able to inspire His creation perfectly, then God isn't perfect.

God is perfect.

We are not.

That is why he gave prophets. Continual correction. Almost all of Pauls writings were encouragement and correction.

And what does perfect mean ? Why wasn't the Old Testament good enough ? Wasn't it perfect ?

God is perfect.

We are not.

That is why he gave prophets. Continual correction. Almost all of Pauls writings were encouragement and correction.

And what does perfect mean ? Why wasn't the Old Testament good enough ? Wasn't it perfect ?
If God was not able to make sure His message was transmitted to us perfectly, then God failed. Or ... God succeeded and His message via the Bible is perfect. Those are our choices.

The Bible is a great book of scripture.

Can you explain to me how (and when) the bible came to be.

Christ taught in John 5:

39 ¶ aSearch the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which btestify of me.

What scriptures was he referencing ? The "bible" didn't exist then. What did he mean ?

By the time of John the Dead Sea scrolls were already tucked away in the caves at Qumran.

Last edited:
If God was not able to make sure His message was transmitted to us perfectly, then God failed. Or ... God succeeded and His message via the Bible is perfect. Those are our choices.

No they are not. That is a complete fallacy and the reason the entire Christian world is in turmoil (with many doubting the position of Christ as the son of God).

God loves his children. He sent and send prophets to correct and guide them.

I don't get your point.

The Bible didn't exist but the Dead Sea scrolls didi.

The Dead Sea Scrolls do not describe any events that focus on the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Most were written and copied before Jesus began his ministry for devout Jews and do not mention Jesus directly.

No they are not. That is a complete fallacy and the reason the entire Christian world is in turmoil (with many doubting the position of Christ as the son of God).

God loves his children. He sent and send prophets to correct and guide them.
So are you and these prophets perfect? How can I trust your opinion over the written Word of God?

But God is perfect and can accomplish perfect things through the men He chooses.

With the exception of his son's Atonement, can share an example of something that He accomplished, through men, that was perfect ?

And I guess I have to ask what do you mean by perfect.

The Bible didn't exist but the Dead Sea scrolls didi.

The Dead Sea Scrolls do not describe any events that focus on the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Most were written and copied before Jesus began his ministry for devout Jews and do not mention Jesus directly.

Not sure on the timing of the Dead Sea Scrolls (not something I've spent a great deal of time on. If they were before the time of Moses, then they were before the Torah.....However, Moses would have gotten his info from somewhere.

I'll do a little looking.

But I am still not sure what this is supposed to mean. What point you are trying to make.

BTW: I found your Nat Geo reference.

Does God inspire men to do Godly things or do men inspire themselves.

2 Peter 1:21, "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."
See, you are smart enough to ask questions. As far as I know, I do not really know about GOD and believe men make lots of changes.

Forum List

Back