Never call the cops for any reason

It depends on the circumstances of the cop giving the order. If it is an accident or crime scene not obeying an order is a crime called interference with a police officer during his lawful duties. Continue to disobey and your crime could rise to obstruction of justice. A fireman found that out recently when he was ordered to move his truck to clear a traffic lane and got cuffed when he refused.

Can you give me an example of an unlawful order where the guy that got arrested for it actually won something afterwards?

Didn't think so,
You could have found an example in the time you typed that. This took me 3 seconds to type and find.

False Arrest, City of Greer pays $50,000 settlement after imprisoning a woman whose charges had been dismissed years earlier
Greer, SC: (Feb-18-08) Denise Riddle, a Greer resident, brought a lawsuit against the city, alleging that she was falsely arrested. The suit claimed that a Greer police officer handcuffed and arrested Riddle at her home at 10 p.m. Feb. 1, 2006, on a bad check charge that she had made restitution on early on. Online court records show the warrant had been dismissed by Greer Municipal Court in November 2002. Following the incident, Riddle filed a civil suit in Greenville County Court of Common Pleas against the city claiming false arrest/imprisonment, assault, battery and trespass/nuisance by a Greer police officer.

Sources close to the case stated that the parties had reached a settlement, in which the city's insurance company agreed to pay $50,000 to resolve the false arrest allegations. City sources stated that the settlement releases the city and the South Carolina Municipal Insurance & Risk Financing Fund from any further claims, according to the document. [GREENVILLE ONLINE: CHARGES DISMISSED]
which is why I advocate for disobedience when a cop gives you an order.
Until they remember that they are not there to issue orders, they have no business pretending to have the ability to yank a person caring for an injured individual away from what he is doing. Did they check to see if the woman's leg was broken? Did they check to see if he might actually be a doctor? Or did they just assume they had all the fucking answers, and take instant offense when someone didn't fall over themselves licking their boots?
You are giving very bad legal advice. I've been a member on a police forum for 8 years and can tell you that your feelings don't match reality. I don't know the specifics of this case but if they show up and stand idley by while you are fiddledicking around with an injured person and it goes sideways, the department can be sued and they can be fired. If they tell you to stop, then stop.

Can you give me an example of an unlawful order where the guy that got arrested for it actually won something afterwards?

Didn't think so,
You could have found an example in the time you typed that. This took me 3 seconds to type and find.

False Arrest, City of Greer pays $50,000 settlement after imprisoning a woman whose charges had been dismissed years earlier
Greer, SC: (Feb-18-08) Denise Riddle, a Greer resident, brought a lawsuit against the city, alleging that she was falsely arrested. The suit claimed that a Greer police officer handcuffed and arrested Riddle at her home at 10 p.m. Feb. 1, 2006, on a bad check charge that she had made restitution on early on. Online court records show the warrant had been dismissed by Greer Municipal Court in November 2002. Following the incident, Riddle filed a civil suit in Greenville County Court of Common Pleas against the city claiming false arrest/imprisonment, assault, battery and trespass/nuisance by a Greer police officer.

Sources close to the case stated that the parties had reached a settlement, in which the city's insurance company agreed to pay $50,000 to resolve the false arrest allegations. City sources stated that the settlement releases the city and the South Carolina Municipal Insurance & Risk Financing Fund from any further claims, according to the document. [GREENVILLE ONLINE: CHARGES DISMISSED]
which is why I advocate for disobedience when a cop gives you an order.
Until they remember that they are not there to issue orders, they have no business pretending to have the ability to yank a person caring for an injured individual away from what he is doing. Did they check to see if the woman's leg was broken? Did they check to see if he might actually be a doctor? Or did they just assume they had all the fucking answers, and take instant offense when someone didn't fall over themselves licking their boots?
You are giving very bad legal advice. I've been a member on a police forum for 8 years and can tell you that your feelings don't match reality. I don't know the specifics of this case but if they show up and stand idley by while you are fiddledicking around with an injured person and it goes sideways, the department can be sued and they can be fired. If they tell you to stop, then stop.

I must have missed the part about her disobeying an unlawful order in the story you posted, can you point it out?

Look at that, a gay statist progressive who thinks cops are always right.

Not obeying a cop is not a criminal offense, asshole.

Why should anyone take anything you say seriously?

And by the way, it is illegal to neglect a legal police order.

Never call the cops for any reason
I have requested assistance from law enforcement on numerous occasions, and in all cases, I was extremely grateful that they were present. In my case they've gone above and beyond the call of duty. For instance, several years ago, when I had my old truck, the alternator died on me and the truck stalled on a busy multi-lane street. It was a dangerous situation, and I needed to get out of there fast, so I called 911. One officer arrived, and he helped me push my truck through 3 lanes of traffic into a parking lot. Another time I heard a loud noise from the back of my home shortly after we had gone to sleep. I asked the Mrs to call 911 while I turned on the lights, grabbed by glock and headed for the back yard. When I got there, no one was there, however my BBQ was knocked over. Two cruisers arrived within minutes of me stepping outside. The officers reassured me that everything was going to be fine, and asked me to quickly head back inside while they looked around. Apparently what likely happened was someone tried to steal my BBQ, and must have been scared off as soon as I turned on the lights. The fact that the officers were there helped considerably as I did not know if someone was still hiding near the back of my home.

Years ago I was by myself enjoying a burger at a fast food place. I had my legs stretched out under the table with my feet in the seat across from me. A cop came over and motioned with his nightstick for me to put my feet in the floor. Even though I'm a pretty easy going person, this kind of pissed me off. I was a paying customer of the restaurant and my shoes were clean. I thought about creating a scene; perhaps participating in a little civil disobedience. My beter judgement kicked in and I simply put my feet in the floor and finished my meal. I still feel the officer was out of bounds but it really wasn't worth arguing about. Also, it was in a small town that I was passing through...... I really didn't want to fall prey to a small town cop on a power trip.

Last edited:
Years ago I was by myself enjoying a burger at a fast food place. I had my legs stretched out under the table with my feet in the seat across from me. A cop came over and motioned with his nightstick for me to put my feet in the floor. Even though I'm a pretty easy going person, this kind of pissed me off. I was a paying customer of the restaurant and my shoes were clean. I thought about creating a scene; perhaps participating in a little civil disobedience. My beter judgement kicked in and I simply put my feet in the floor and finished my meal. I still feel the officer was out of bounds but it really wasn't worth arguing about. Also, it was in a small town that I was passing through...... I really didn't want to fall prey to a small town cop on a power trip.

My ex was coming from church one Sunday. She was wearing a lemon colored dress and stopped at a KFC to get a bucket of chicken for us to eat while watching football.

When she came in the door I got a whiff of poo poo in addition to the delicious KFC smell.

She sat down on the sofa and it wasn't until she went to the bathroom that we figured out she'd sat in poo poo in the seat at the KFC while waiting for our order.

Someone must have done exactly as how you described doing.

Luckily she could wash the dress in the washer, but we were BOTH pissed. She'd smeared shit on her(luckily) vinyl seat in her car. I also had to go to the store to get some upholstery cleaner, THEN we put sheets over the cleaned but wet formerly shitty side of the cushion and turned it over until it dried.

Lots of cleaning, inconvenience and expense all because some body didn't know what they had on the bottom of their shoes.

Bottom line, just keep your feet on the floor.

Why do you think it's considered such an insult in the Middle East to have someone hit you with their shoe?

Because the streets are filthy.

No offense, but if I was the cop I would have done exactly as he did.

Just so you know how others perceive your seemingly 'harmless" gesture.

Why do you think it's considered such an insult in the Middle East to have someone hit you with their shoe?

That's a good point. Some people are too stupid to have any common sense. These are the people cops primarily deal with on a daily basis and why we need them to do what they do.

The only time I would call 911 is if an intruder was in the house. You dial 911 then lay the phone down so they can hear the ensuing gunshot.

Furthermore, since the police have no legal obligation to come to your aid...if that's not 'you're on your own'. I don't know what is

-Geaux

My ex was coming from church one Sunday. She was wearing a lemon colored dress and stopped at a KFC to get a bucket of chicken for us to eat while watching football.

When she came in the door I got a whiff of poo poo in addition to the delicious KFC smell.

She sat down on the sofa and it wasn't until she went to the bathroom that we figured out she'd sat in poo poo in the seat at the KFC while waiting for our order.

Someone must have done exactly as how you described doing.

Luckily she could wash the dress in the washer, but we were BOTH pissed. She'd smeared shit on her(luckily) vinyl seat in her car. I also had to go to the store to get some upholstery cleaner, THEN we put sheets over the cleaned but wet formerly shitty side of the cushion and turned it over until it dried.

Lots of cleaning, inconvenience and expense all because some body didn't know what they had on the bottom of their shoes.

You do make a good point. However you I I should probably agree to disagree with you on this one. My shoes were clean and I was not in the Middle East. We do not live in a sterile world. If I accidentally cause a spill or a poo incident I will voluntarily clean it up. On the other hand, no matter how careful we are, sometimes shit happens.

If you were a cop and the person ignored you and kept his feet up, what would you have done? Would you have arrested him? What law would that person be violating.....public disorderly conduct?

Not obeying a cop is not a criminal offense, asshole.

Guess it depends on where you are, in many (if not all) states, you are required to obey a peace officer's command, or you may be arrested, and yes, if you are arrested, it is a criminal offense. I'm not defending or objecting to how the police conducted themselves in this incident, only pointing out the inaccuracy of your statement.

if you dont know your rights you really dont have any. Get you an attorney on retainer. Comes in extremely handy not to mention it saves you losts of time and money.

Some cops are very good at dealing with the public. They have mastered the technique of asserting their authority in a carefully measured, reasonable, and acceptable manner. But there are other cops who manifest what I call the blackjack mentality and who quite obviously get off on conducting themselves like Gestapo. These guys reflect badly on all cops.

Forum List

Back