🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New Atheist Symbol

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Christians have the cross, Jews the Star of David, Islam the Crescent Moon, Buddhists the Great Buddha. So, at last, atheists now will have their own –

images

Read the story about the Tallahassee decision to give atheists their own @ North Fla. county to allow atheist monument - Houston Chronicle

I like the idea and how they decided to respond to the Ten Commandments statue, but I dislike the fact that they decided to include deliberately antagonistic Biblical verses. That part just makes them seem bitter and petty and isn't needed to get their point across.

I like the idea and how they decided to respond to the Ten Commandments statue, but I dislike the fact that they decided to include deliberately antagonistic Biblical verses. That part just makes them seem bitter and petty and isn't needed to get their point across.

Antagonistic Biblical verses?

Who knew there were such things.

A bench?
I prefer a nice recliner

Want to talk crazy symbols, let's talk about a method of execution as a symbol

Sounds like USMB's resident evangelical atheists.

We actually DO have atheist members who respect the idea of religious freedom. Unfortunately, there are a few people here who devote most of their USMB life to ridiculing the spiritual beliefs of others.

Sounds like USMB's resident evangelical atheists.

We actually DO have atheist members who respect the idea of religious freedom. Unfortunately, there are a few people here who devote most of their USMB life to ridiculing the spiritual beliefs of others.

I started off as a rather militant atheist, but ultimately that path quickly lost its appeal to me. I'm more interested in understanding one another and engaging in mutual respect of our different beliefs than I am in cheap shots and petty squabbling.

Forum List

Back