New claims Pentagon doctors ISIS intelligence to suit the White House

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Wow. Just wow Just when I don't think I can get any more shocked by this administration....KABAM!

They do it again!

From the article:

"A small-scale internal investigation has been expanded within the Defense Department into claims that U.S. intelligence about the Islamic State terror army has been censored by senior officials to reflect a rosier-than-reality viewpoint.

Dozens of intelligence analysts came forward in July to complain of the situation, even taking the unusual step of writing and signing their complaints to the DOD Office of the Inspector General, which opened a relatively low-key probe.

With the added unease created by the recent ISIS attacks in Paris, that probe has now gained more investigators and more documents.

Yet it has also generated more concern from Congress because U.S. officials say some intelligence may have been deleted before investigators could seize it, according to a report over the weekend in The New York Times."

New claims Pentagon doctors ISIS intelligence as probe widens

"The analysts' basic complaint is that their reports about ISIS and al Nusra - al Qaeda's branch in Syria - were supposed to be based on straightforward, on-the-ground judgments of the terrorists, but were instead rewritten by U.S. Central Command officials.

The manipulated reports were then included in briefings to President Obama that downplayed ISIS's capacity to gain territory and wage war, the analysts argue."

Why u blaming the White House ? Blame the military . They are the bullshiters . They've been doing so since Amy Lynch, pat Tillman , etc ..

I often pondered why we claim IS has around 30K members, and the Kurds have reported 200K members.
I even read a report that HUNDREDS of small cells try to join IS monthly.
30K my ass!
Especially now since AQ and Bo. Haram have pledged allegiance..

The Pentagon has been adjusting reports for years. Those commanders that refuse, are fired. Over 300 so far.

Why u blaming the White House ? Blame the military . They are the bullshiters . They've been doing so since Amy Lynch, pat Tillman , etc ..
Who's in charge of the military?

Obama is commander . But if they are lying to him, that's all on him?
According to the Bush lied, people died liberal mantra, yes.

That Mantra comes from bush knowing it was crap .

I often pondered why we claim IS has around 30K members, and the Kurds have reported 200K members.
I even read a report that HUNDREDS of small cells try to join IS monthly.
30K my ass!
Especially now since AQ and Bo. Haram have pledged allegiance..

Don't forget that Chechen terrorists pledged 16,000 more to ISIS. ISIS main military commander is actually a Chechen Muslim. Omar al Shishani.

Or more accurately the executive pressuring the intelligence agencies to reach certain preconceived conclusions

It would take a minimum ten year commitment, including occupation of Syria, to defeat ISIS.

Show of hands. Who's game?

Or more accurately the executive pressuring the intelligence agencies to reach certain preconceived conclusions
Which is just as likely here

And another liberal who claims to "support our troops" trashes them when push comes to shove.
Obama is responsible for creating an environment where unwelcome information is treated as treason. This is just like LBJ.

The military and intelligence community should not play politics with facts. If the administration wants to keep what is going on a secret, authorize a new security classification on the information produced.

You can lie to the public--just don't lie to yourself.

The Pentagon has been adjusting reports for years. Those commanders that refuse, are fired. Over 300 so far.
Oh ya. Remember when they found our old WMDs in Iraq and all those soldiers got hurt? Some died because they couldn't get adequate medical care because the govt was trying to keep it hidden.

The daily mail is the UK version of the weekly world news or the national enquirer.
The news sevices that claim vampire babies exist and a boy trapped in a refrigerator ate his own foot.

And another liberal who claims to "support our troops" trashes them when push comes to shove.
Obama is responsible for creating an environment where unwelcome information is treated as treason. This is just like LBJ.
Generals are more politician than soldier. Everyone in the military knows that.

Forum List

Back