New Elevator!

trevorjohnson83

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
Here's an idea for using weight to store the energy of the elevator. It could work on a small scale like a wheelchair lift instead of a lot of wood building a ramp you could just build a weight lift that can take weather with some bricks.
elevator.jpg

Yeah, I've reinvented lots of stuff from like way back in the 1800s as well. The Bourke Engine, the Scotch Yoke,... endless fun!

Gunpowder engine - Wikipedia

Here is a christian Huygenus idea for lifting weight with vacuum power created by an explosion.

Now, there is a USMB poster who could have rebuilt that contraption, part by part, without instructions. Any guesses?

I’m not trying to derail your thread Trevor, and it’s still connected to building abilities.

The Mythbusters tried and failed apparently with instructions which I've noticed they seldom follow well so no surprise there.

Experiment 2: Huygens Engine​

Christiaan Huygens designed a blueprint for a gunpowder-powered piston in a cylinder 300 years ago. In Huygens' design, blackpowder ignites inside the chamber and forces air out one-way valves. The resulting vacuum sucks the piston down. The design was never actually realized by Huygens.

Despite upping the amount of powder from 15 to 20 grains, they weren't able to generate vacuum power. Their seal and one-way valves weren't tight enough -- the design was a bust. It seemed unlikely to the MythBusters that the Huygens design could have been built in Huygens' time.

The Mythbusters tried and failed apparently with instructions which I've noticed they seldom follow well so no surprise there.
When I issued at the patent office there was a guys patent from 1987 that he wanted to use an explosions vacuum to draw the water out of an underwater storage 'shed', he would then close the door to the shed when the vacuum sucked out all the water.

When I issued at the patent office there was a guys patent from 1987 that he wanted to use an explosions vacuum to draw the water out of an underwater storage 'shed', he would then close the door to the shed when the vacuum sucked out all the water.
Weird. Given this "shed" is "underwater" with its door open, any vacuum would just suck water in the door as fast as it pulled it out elsewhere.

weight elevator in the OP could be 90+% efficient as opposed to the 60-70% eff from a generator. Would also allow people to leave during blackouts. I always like the idea of using it as a wheelchair lift for front porches rather then big ramps. Anything to say Grumblebutts? or is this one of my buttier ideas?

Ever elevated your johnson with a lever, trevor?
Raised your butt with a block and tackle from Vevor, trevor?

Ever elevated your johnson with a lever, trevor?
Raised your butt with a block and tackle from Vevor, trevor?
I don't know where you get your power Nuts. If you are so powerfully smart do something I can't do, invent a pulley system instead of gears for the OP.

weight elevator in the OP could be 90+% efficient as opposed to the 60-70% eff from a generator. Would also allow people to leave during blackouts. I always like the idea of using it as a wheelchair lift for front porches rather then big ramps. Anything to say Grumblebutts? or is this one of my buttier ideas?
He's waiting to think of an insuliment. 😀

I don't know where you get your power Nuts. If you are so powerfully smart do something I can't do, invent a pulley system instead of gears for the OP.
Smart enough not to try and reinvent the wheel, trevor.

A pulley is a simple machine that uses a rope or chain wrapped around a grooved wheel to change the direction of force, making it easier to lift heavy objects.

Forum List

Back