New Jersey considers taxing tap water...the left have fallen! they're officially dead

He claims the money is needed to fix a crumbling water delivery infrastructure in the state.

How else are you going to fix failing infrastructure ?
shouldn't the water money be going into a water fund so its there when needed.....govts are worst at budgeting

The body politic in America has declined so far the basics, like water supply, are in danger. In democrat areas they actually poison the inhabitants.
But a tax on water? These liberal shitholes are desperate.
It was a Republican temp who poisoned Flint. Everyone is desperate because the GOP won't tax the rich

The body politic in America has declined so far the basics, like water supply, are in danger. In democrat areas they actually poison the inhabitants.
But a tax on water? These liberal shitholes are desperate.
It was a Republican temp who poisoned Flint. Everyone is desperate because the GOP won't tax the rich
So they nickel and dime regular people..

He claims the money is needed to fix a crumbling water delivery infrastructure in the state.

Issue Municipal Bonds?

Oh, wait... Democrat-controlled dung-holes are already mortgaged to the hilt and have a sub-zero rating.

Sorry... didn't mean to embarrass... forget I mentioned it.
Who pays for municipal bonds?

You think they are free?

*eyeroll*

water is a human right

NJ considers taxing tap water

You do not pay your city for your water? Do you have your own well?
Isn’t water one of the golden gooses the government decided gets to be a monopoly for the greater good?

I pay my city for the water I use each month. Is there any city that gives free water to its residents?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
You’re paying s higher rate to cover those that don’t pay.

Yeah, those of us that pay our bills do that for everything. We pay more for medical to cover those that don't pay,. same for car insurance and just about everything in life.

*eyeroll*

water is a human right

I agree. Most cities have water meters and people pay for their water. I know the city I live near does just that.

Me?? Well I have my own well and pump. I don't pay for water.

I do not know why everyone is freaking out that a city/state is going to charge a bit more for water.

*eyeroll*

water is a human right

I agree. Most cities have water meters and people pay for their water. I know the city I live near does just that.

I do not know why everyone is freaking out that a city/state is going to charge a bit more for water.

I couldn't agree more. Hell everyone living in a city pays for water. Nothing new there.

The whole country needs to invest in infrastructure

*eyeroll*

water is a human right

Me too, I have a spring. Everybody around here does. But this is the sticks.

Cities have to run a network of systems and pumps and filters of water in, water out, and get down underground to fix and maintain them. I dunno, wags like the OP must think that's just supposed to happen out of some kind of "magic".

Water elves I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*eyeroll*

water is a human right

Isn’t water one of the golden gooses the government decided gets to be a monopoly for the greater good?

I pay my city for the water I use each month. Is there any city that gives free water to its residents?

Is your water bill simply paid for the water you use, or do they slap a tax on top of what they are charging? Why not just raise the price?

Also it says right at the top of the OP's link that it's a user fee "based on volume". Meaning those using the swimming pool to wash the car where their house is surrounded by a moat with floating rubber ducks you can shoot with an air gun, they're gonna pay more for doing it.

Tap water isn't free. Houses have a water meter and you are charged for usage...and taxed. The bill would tax high volume users at a different (higher) rate and it makes sense even if it was sponsored by a democrat.

Tap water isn't free. Houses have a water meter and you are charged for usage...and taxed. The bill would tax high volume users at a different (higher) rate and it makes sense even if it was sponsored by a democrat.

It's a simple principle of supply and demand. If you use more than your neighbor, you pay more than your neighbor. Use less, pay less.

Nothing "Democrat" or "Republican" or "Whig" or "Tory" about it.

I believe it's commonly done metering electricity too.

shouldn't the water money be going into a water fund so its there when needed.....govts are worst at budgeting

Typically, the fees are used to pay for the operation and maintenance of the city's purification and delivery systems.

*eyeroll*

water is a human right

Is your water bill simply paid for the water you use, or do they slap a tax on top of what they are charging? Why not just raise the price?

So, if they call it a "normal fee" and not a tax that makes it all ok?

That is just silly

Forum List

Back