New Jersey considers taxing tap water...the left have fallen! they're officially dead

*eyeroll*

water is a human right

NJ considers taxing tap water

You do not pay your city for your water? Do you have your own well?
Isn’t water one of the golden gooses the government decided gets to be a monopoly for the greater good?

I pay my city for the water I use each month. Is there any city that gives free water to its residents?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
You’re paying s higher rate to cover those that don’t pay.

Yeah, those of us that pay our bills do that for everything. We pay more for medical to cover those that don't pay,. same for car insurance and just about everything in life.
It’s giant circle of stupid and democrats seem to be the most infected. They want money so they raise taxes which means now more people can’t afford it. Which lowers revenue so they insist we need to raise taxes. And after a few rounds of that we get the joy of them telling us all how poor people are getting screwed over by employers and can’t even afford to pay their water bill.

Isn’t water one of the golden gooses the government decided gets to be a monopoly for the greater good?

I pay my city for the water I use each month. Is there any city that gives free water to its residents?

Yeah, those of us that pay our bills do that for everything. We pay more for medical to cover those that don't pay,. same for car insurance and just about everything in life.
It’s giant circle of stupid and democrats seem to be the most infected. They want money so they raise taxes which means now more people can’t afford it. Which lowers revenue so they insist we need to raise taxes. And after a few rounds of that we get the joy of them telling us all how poor people are getting screwed over by employers and can’t even afford to pay their water bill.

:21::21::21:

Yeah, that 9 cents a day extra is going to send the whole country into a recession!

How exactly is a surcharge specifically on high-volume users going to bring about a situation "more people can't afford"?

Read the article much?

*eyeroll*

water is a human right

Of course you do, now they want a tax on usage.

Tax. Fee. Charge. It is all the same damn thing. Either way I am paying for it.

So, you're OK paying for water and then being taxed on actually using the water?

*eyeroll*

water is a human right

So, you're OK paying for water and then being taxed on actually using the water?

It's all part of paying, the money goes to the same place and the same people. Would it make you happier if they just added rate you pay and didnt call it a "tax"?

*eyeroll*

water is a human right

Is your water bill simply paid for the water you use, or do they slap a tax on top of what they are charging? Why not just raise the price?
Six of one, half dozen of the other

Still gotta pay

*eyeroll*

water is a human right

You are paying a fee to upgrade the infrastructure

*eyeroll*

water is a human right

Paying for city water and paying an additional tax, or "fee", for that same water are pretty much two different things.

Yeah, different like the right Twix and the left Twix are different.

So the loons piss and moan about tariffs possibly raising prices, but raising taxes or fees on water is ok.....go figure.

*eyeroll*

water is a human right

Paying for city water and paying an additional tax, or "fee", for that same water are pretty much two different things.

So the loons piss and moan about tariffs possibly raising prices, but raising taxes or fees on water is ok.....go figure.

th-391.jpg

*eyeroll*

water is a human right

th-391.jpg

Sure, possibly raising prices and raising taxes...completely different....dumbass.

th-391.jpg

Sure, possibly raising prices and raising taxes...completely different....dumbass.
Still money out of your pocket

th-391.jpg

So, if they call it a "raise in price" and not "tax" then the money is some how different?

You people try too hard sometimes.

th-391.jpg

So, if they call it a "raise in price" and not "tax" then the money is some how different?

Hey, you're the one that claimed it was comparing apples to oranges...you may want to review your own posts.

Yeah, that 9 cents a day extra is going to send the whole country into a recession!

Yeah because one thing you can count on is the government being happy with that amount.

th-391.jpg

Hey, you're the one that claimed it was comparing apples to oranges...you may want to review your own posts.

Yes, comparing a fee being added for water consumption is very different than tariffs being levied.

Forum List

Back