New Member.

valamhic

Rookie
Mar 31, 2020
Hi

Mid 60's male from Ireland where I lived all my life. Hold a degree in Business Studies, worked in
finance and company investigations, planning investigations for property, have a good knowledge of the law and am retired to run my cattle farm in Ireland.

Interested in business, politics and finance. Conservative leaning. Visited the US in 1999 (mid west) and 2001 North East.

Hi

Mid 60's male from Ireland where I lived all my life. Hold a degree in Business Studies, worked in
finance and company investigations, planning investigations for property, have a good knowledge of the law and am retired to run my cattle farm in Ireland.

Interested in business, politics and finance. Conservative leaning. Visited the US in 1999 (mid west) and 2001 North East.
Welcome! It's great to have another member from across the pond. Interesting job, I bet, running a cattle farm. What type of cattle? Make yourself right at home and have a little snack.

1585701643377.png

Hi

Welcome in. You've arrived at let us say an interesting time. You'll need even more hip boots than usual.

Ireland, my ancestral home. What part then? :beer: << that's a Caffrey's Ale

Hi

Welcome!

Cows in my village.

1585704133354.png

1585704223075.png

1585704393633.png

***WELCOME*** valamhic ( hope I spelled that right ) and how great to have you join us. You sound TERRIFIC, interesting and exciting! You may give the rest of these hooligans on board a run for their money. :badgrin:

Hi

Welcome to the site, valamhic. I hope you enjoy it. It CAN be fun at times.

Are you Catholic or an Orangeman? ... :cool:
Good question. Not normally asked in my part of the world, but a good one.

My roots (assuming maternal loyalty) are a mix of Catholic (loyal to Chieftain O'Neil)in Tyrone (mother's name and father's name) driven out in the plantation of Ulster ( about 30% of me). McGowan (Smith) County Monaghan Catholic. 25%.
Tully East (North East of the Irish Republic) 15% Catholic.

Names in me: Carroll, Smith, Tully, Lennon, Martin, Finnegan, all Catholic. I still own and operate the ancestral farm traced back to 1849 at least. My mother's Uncle served in the RIC, the police force under British rule.

***WELCOME*** valamhic ( hope I spelled that right ) and how great to have you join us. You sound TERRIFIC, interesting and exciting! You may give the rest of these hooligans on board a run for their money. :badgrin:
thanks you. the name "amhic" in Ireland comes after the Christian name. i.e.
Tomamhic, Johnamhic. amhic (pronounced "avic" so Tomavic)) it is Gaelic for
"my son" Tom my son or sonny. My Grandmother called me that from I was a child.

Hi

Welcome in. You've arrived at let us say an interesting time. You'll need even more hip boots than usual.

Ireland, my ancestral home. What part then? :beer: << that's a Caffrey's Ale
Near Kingscourt, County Cavan. North East of Republic of Ireland. Compared to the USA it would be about Pitsburg Penn.

Hi

Welcome!

Cows in my village.

View attachment 317723

View attachment 317724

View attachment 317727
We take the horns off as calves. You have better weather but we have more rain and more grass.

Hi

Welcome to USMB, Valamhic. Hope you enjoy the boards!

Hooligans we have. Miscreants, vagabonds, dullards, blackguards, rogues, degenerates and nefarious nabobs.

Personally I like to think of myself more as a Ne'er-Do-Well.

None of which, to be sure, applies to Athena, who is a goddess.

Forum List

Back