New Poll in Florida, DeSantis up 14 points on Crist, Rubio up 11 points on Demings

Wait, whoa, hold up.
Two polls about elections in Florida ... yet only minutes ago you posted this thread.

.... so you vote in Florida AND Pennsylvania? Interesting. Where I vote, you can't do that.

I supposed only the crackers voted in this poll.
You obviously have no idea what a Florida Cracker is.

***snip***

Cracker cowmen[edit]​

A Cracker Cowboy (1895) by Frederic Remington, illustrating cracker Bone Mizell (1863–1921)
In Florida, those who own or work cattle traditionally have been called cowmen. In the late 1800s, they were often called cow hunters or cowhunters, a reference to seeking out cattle scattered over the wooded rangelands during roundups. At times, the terms cowman and cracker have been used interchangeably because of similarities in their folk culture. Today, the western term cowboy is often used for those who work cattle.[5]

The Florida "cowhunter" or "cracker cowboy" of the 19th and early 20th centuries was distinct from the Spanish vaquero and the Western cowboy. Florida cowboys did not use lassos to herd or capture cattle.[citation needed] Their primary tools were dogs and cow whips. Florida cattle and horses were smaller than the western breeds. The Florida Cracker cattle, also known as the "native" or "scrub" cow, averaged about 600 pounds (270 kg) and had large horns and large feet.[6][dead link]

Modern usage[edit]​

Among some Floridians, the term is used as a proud or jocular self-description. Since the huge influx of new residents into Florida in the late 20th and early 21st centuries, from the northern parts of the United States and from Mexico and Latin America, the term Florida cracker is used informally by some Floridians to indicate that their families have lived in the state for many generations. It is considered a source of pride to be descended from "frontier people who did not just live but flourished in a time before air conditioning, mosquito repellent, and screens" according to Florida history writer Dana Ste. Claire.[7]

Now having been born in Pennsylvania, I am not a Florida Cracker. However I have know two who are as they have herded cattle using a horse, a whip and dogs.

The Free State of Florida.

Cult fucks stay out.

We have Gators and Hurricanes. It’s no place for faggots. Gays? Yes! Faggots? Nope!

We are a deep red free state. Don’t come down here if you are a blue coward. A Gator might eat you.

Forum List

Back