New Species Of Massive Dinosaur Discovered In Africa

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
New Species Of Massive Dinosaur Discovered In Africa

Fascinating that the earth is older than we can possibly conceive with our finite minds.

The enormous herbivore, called Rukwatitan bisepultus, is estimated to have weighed as much as several elephants and, as indicated by the to-scale reconstruction below, likely stretched 30 feet from head to tail. Its forelimbs alone were nearly seven feet long.

o-DINOSAUR-570.jpg

……

Rukwatitan likely roamed the area about 100 million years ago during the middle of the Cretaceous Period, according to the researchers.

God gave us these great minds to use, to better understand the world, the Universe, and yet some people are determined to NOT use their minds -- embracing some mythology to comfort themselves and deal with their own mortality.

Are you saying that the discovery of a dinosaur somehow disproves the Christian religion?

Are you saying that the discovery of a dinosaur somehow disproves the Christian religion?

Science has shown that the earth is very, very old. If you believe the Christian religion demands belief in a young earth, then yes, it disproves Christianity. If, like most Christians, you believe Genesis is not a literal story of creation, then the answer is no.

Well, I know there are some people who believe that Earth is 6,000 years old, which is determined by counting the years between Adam and Jesus, and then adding 2000. But I never heard that Christians were required to believe this, and most don't. This thread is setting up a straw man argument.

Well, I know there are some people who believe that Earth is 6,000 years old, which is determined by counting the years between Adam and Jesus, and then adding 2000. But I never heard that Christians were required to believe this, and most don't. This thread is setting up a straw man argument.

It was you who first mentioned Christianity. I took hazlnut's post as referring to fundamentalists of any religion.

Forum List

Back