New year, new stupid California gun laws.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is the anti gun madness we fight.......and not one of these would have stopped the mass shooters and not one will stop violent gun crime in California...since the criminals have more street sense than to comply with these stupid laws...

Don t Dismiss the Boiling Frogs in California - The Truth About Guns

In 1997, my wife bought a Smith & Wesson Model 642 Airweight. She’d been shooting with friends but, in hindsight, feels she made a bad decision. The gun, with its 7 to 8 pound double action only pull, is hard to aim and control for her. She’d put less than an hundred rounds through it and kept it for home defense for all these years. Finally, we decided to sell it.

After taking it to the range I went to clean it and found that the frame was cracked under the barrel. I sent it to S&W for repairs in November. A week ago, I spoke to S&W and they said that they would not have it ready until after the first of the year.

Since they will replace the frame, they will be returning a firearm with a different serial number. After I explained that my plan was to sell the gun and get something else, they indicated that they could send us a different model. In either case, the gun would have to be transferred via an FFL. As my wife is the person to whom the original gun was registered, she would have to take possession.

But she doesn’t have a valid Handgun Safety Certificate. So in addition to paying the background check to receive a new firearm (replacing one she’d owned for 17 years), she now has to obtain an HSC. She has been shooting with me and has shot a number of different guns. In all that time, I’ve been there to make sure she observed proper safe handling practices. We discuss pertinent gun laws. We store our firearms safely. The only thing to be gained by her having to go through the time and expense of obtaining an HSC and background check is for the state to take in about $70. Public safety won’t be advanced. The FFL will have to spend time processing the transfer and store the firearm in their facility for the 10-day wait.

--------------------------------------------

this is the madness law abiding people are put through......the criminal....spends 100 dollars and gets his gun in the time it takes to hand over the cash and grab the gun....

Madness......

Last edited:
it is this stupidity, the kind that stops no crime and saves no lives, that makes this point....never, ever trust gun grabbers, and do not surrender one more gun, magazine or piece of equipment to these people...

Much better to just stand by while an average of 30 people a day are shot down.

Yeah. If you're a nutter, that makes great sense.

And even better when 1.6 milllion times a year law abiding, averge citizens, non police, non military use guns to stop violent criminal attack and save lives.....hmmmmm 8-9,000 gun murders a year....80% in inner cities ruled by gangs and run by democrats vs. 1.6 million...

luddly, can you tell which number is bigger.....? You can pull off your shoes if that helps....

While I might tend to agree with you in spirit, Luddly, I have to say that the gun laws enacted by the state of California over the last twenty years or so do little to nothing that would prevent criminals from getting guns and using them. Their purpose seems more intended to prevent the law abiding residents from exercising their rights. At the very least, they make it much more difficult to do so...

But you can't put a number on the potential lives saved by guns. You anti-gun idiots are the nutters. And you don't have the sense to provide context with your complaints.

Point of order: To the best of my knowledge, Luddly is not anti-gun...

But you can't put a number on the potential lives saved by guns. You anti-gun idiots are the nutters. And you don't have the sense to provide context with your complaints.

Is he just for guns for himself...or one of the guys who only wants police and military to have them.....?

Is he just for guns for himself...or one of the guys who only wants police and military to have them.....?

After some exchanges with him, and please correct me if I am wrong Lud, he is strongly in favor of responsible gun ownership. Very responsible. As a result, he does not necessarily see the enactment of more laws to further that goal as a bad thing.

Last edited:

After some exchanges with him, and please correct me if I am wrong Lud, he strongly in favor of responsible gun ownership. Very responsible. As a result, he does not necessarily see the enactment of more laws to further that goal as a bad thing.

From his posts I have read you would really have to try harder to convince me......all anti gunners want responsible gun ownership...which means for them....no gun ownership......

Californiastan.

The American sewer state.........happy to live 3,000 miles from that snake pit. And talk about rigged.......SanFrancisco, the most racist large city in America will be fine with more laws that don't allow the people to protect themselves. Their housing laws kick all the blacks out of the city!!! Happy now!!!:happy-1::happy-1:

If they paid my mortgage, I wouldn't live there.

Probably a good idea to move s0n........guns being bought in record numbers all over the country.

Gun sales boom on Black Friday - CNN.com

s0n.....your sentiments are about as relevant as somebody standing naked in the middle of Siberia this time of year screaming "FIRE!!".:2up:

Shot down by law abiding people who have done the handgun safety class, have their CCL, their permits, etc, etc, etc....right Luddy Neverright?

Yeah, if you're a Ludder, that makes great sense.

That would make his post even more ridiculous.

Forum List

Back