New Year's Eve network coverage

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Fox was an embarrassment. Why they decided to put a couple of Fox news personalities out in the freezing cold to talk about whatever inane subject came to mind is anybody's guess. Jesse Waters was obviously freezing to death and off his game and "Kennedy" was only a little better. The roving reporter babe interviewing the freezing people in the crowd was pretty much incoherent. I tuned into PBS for some entertainment before the ball dropped. One interesting sideline was that Waters left during a really stupid interview with a self described "psychic" who looked like a drag queen and apparently tried to get warm in a security tent but was kicked out by the Mayor and his staff apparently because Waters represented Fox.

I decided to skip the network coverage this year. The last few years have been terrible, and, sounds like it's just gotten worse.

Local TV stations should just televise the local ball drop and have a live cam feed

New Year's Eve coverage is always dumb. It should be about 30 minutes tops, from 1145 pm to 1215am. Poor Kat Timpf who weighs about 90 lbs looked like she was going to turn into a popsicle.

I don't understand why people stand out in the freezing cold in the first place..

New Year's Eve coverage is always dumb. It should be about 30 minutes tops, from 1145 pm to 1215am.

Actually it shouldn't exist at all. There's nothing to "cover" since it isn't a "story". It's the ticking of a clock, which goes on constantly. We know exactly how long a year is, down to the fraction of a second. There's zero chance in the world that time was going to stop so there's nothing being "accomplished" by yet another second ticking.

Seconds tick by exactly the same way, every time. This one is no different just because we in our arrogance choose to assign an arbitrary number wherever we do. We could have assigned that number anywhere, so if we're we're gonna celebrate a midnight 11 days after winter begins we may as well also celebrate 3:42 on April 7, since that only happens once a year too.

Forum List

Back