New York Man Lives to Regret Shooting Young Woman

BertramN

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2016

“A judge strongly admonished a 66-year-old man Friday before sentencing him to twenty-five years to life in prison for shooting and killing a woman who was a passenger in a car that mistakenly drove up his driveway in rural New York last year.”

“‘I think you really could possibly do the same thing again,’ Washington County Judge Adam Michelini told Kevin Monahan before imposing his sentence for second-degree murder. ‘It’s obvious to me that you feel justified. You don’t take any responsibility for the outcome of your actions. You just don’t get it.’”

The judge also imposed a concurrent sentence of up to seven years for reckless endangerment and a consecutive term of up to four years in prison for tampering with evidence. The consecutive sentence could bring Monahan’s stretch to a full twenty-nine years. At sixty-six-years-old that puts him behind bars until he’s ninety-five.

The victim’s father, Andrew Gillis, asked the judge to sentence Monahan to the maximum sentence possible. He got just that.

A GoFundMe for the Gillis family raised nearly $150,000.

As it turned out, this good guy-with-a-gun fvcked up, which happens more often than not.

“A judge strongly admonished a 66-year-old man Friday before sentencing him to twenty-five years to life in prison for shooting and killing a woman who was a passenger in a car that mistakenly drove up his driveway in rural New York last year.”

“‘I think you really could possibly do the same thing again,’ Washington County Judge Adam Michelini told Kevin Monahan before imposing his sentence for second-degree murder. ‘It’s obvious to me that you feel justified. You don’t take any responsibility for the outcome of your actions. You just don’t get it.’”

The judge also imposed a concurrent sentence of up to seven years for reckless endangerment and a consecutive term of up to four years in prison for tampering with evidence. The consecutive sentence could bring Monahan’s stretch to a full twenty-nine years. At sixty-six-years-old that puts him behind bars until he’s ninety-five.

The victim’s father, Andrew Gillis, asked the judge to sentence Monahan to the maximum sentence possible. He got just that.

A GoFundMe for the Gillis family raised nearly $150,000.

As it turned out, this good guy-with-a-gun fvcked up, which happens more often than not.

Super tragic story for the girl, but...... "happens more often than nought" ????
How do you figure that? many incidents of self defence happen without a shot ever being fired.
Which is the prefered way. And it does save lives.

Forum List

Back