Newest face of covergirl at age 69

Maye Musk, a 69-year-old model, dietician, and mother to Tesla entrepreneur Elon Musk, is adding another title to her impressive resume: she’s now a CoverGirl!

The cosmetics company announced the ground-breaking news on Wednesday, September 27, and Musk couldn’t be more thrilled. “I’m so excited to say that I’m now officially a CoverGirl! My three kids, ten grandchildren and I have had the hardest time trying to keep it a secret until today’s big announcement,” she said in an Instagram post. “Who knew, after many years of admiring the gorgeous Covergirl models, that I would be one at 69 years of age? It just shows, never give up. Thank you Covergirl, for including me in your tribe of diversity.”
d7316780-4dbb-45b8-9397-8cc1c2ef502a_thumb.jpg

Maye%20Musk%20(0).jpg

Maye Musk Is the Newest CoverGirl Spokesmodel at Age 69

Seems pretty cool to be inclusive of beauty at every age.

No. Even though she reminds me of Bunny, she is nowhere near as pretty.

They're all androgenous nowadays.

But my statement was it's nice to be inclusive of all ages of beauty/
Yes. And they also need to put "normal every day" women on CG as well. They are starting to do plus size, but most are stunningly gorgeous. What about women AND men you see every day that are not primped and smoothed and tucked and airbrushed? I'd like to see that as well. This focus on outter beauty and not inner beauty is wayyyy too "then". This is "now". Time for a makeover on what is considered beautiful.
They don't need to include everyday girls lol. Not trying to be rude but isn' the point of the magazine to celebrate beauty? How does average fill that goal?

And fat girls need not apply. No need to normalize an unhealthy lifestyle

Beauty is also opinion. Different societies find different beauty. Covergirl should represent all ages imo because every age is beautiful. Men should not be the defining judge on beauty, everyone gets to decide that.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but it's not relative to anyone but men. Unless they're lesbians.

Then again, I do have this girly friend, and we drink beers and dish on girls. Our opinions never conflict much. :) It's like we have the same mind.

Except I don't get drunk and wanna Hulksterize my t-shirt to show off my outstanding boob job.

Only she does that, then it's ni-ni for her and a cover-up and I go home.

Why? She's happily married. She was a virgin before her husband.. they're good friends.

Last edited:

Yes. And they also need to put "normal every day" women on CG as well. They are starting to do plus size, but most are stunningly gorgeous. What about women AND men you see every day that are not primped and smoothed and tucked and airbrushed? I'd like to see that as well. This focus on outter beauty and not inner beauty is wayyyy too "then". This is "now". Time for a makeover on what is considered beautiful.
They don't need to include everyday girls lol. Not trying to be rude but isn' the point of the magazine to celebrate beauty? How does average fill that goal?

Beauty is also opinion. Different societies find different beauty. Covergirl should represent all ages imo because every age is beautiful. Men should not be the defining judge on beauty, everyone gets to decide that.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but it's not relative to anyone but men. Unless they're lesbians.

Then again, I do have this girly friend, and we drink beers and dish on girls. Our opinions never conflict much. :) It's like we have the same mind.

Except I don't get drunk and wanna Hulksterize my t-shirt to show off my outstanding boob job.

Why? She's happily married. She was a virgin before her husband.. they're good friends.

Wrong. Women share fashion ideas, hairstyles, clothes, etc. Men don't dictate how women should look.

Wrong. Women share fashion ideas, hairstyles, clothes, etc. Men don't dictate how women should look.

You know, you're right.

Men just look and say "Hmm, that's nice" or don't.

You know, you're right.

Men just look and say "Hmm, that's nice" or don't.

Men don't even agree on what they like. Some like this some like that. ;)

Maye Musk, a 69-year-old model, dietician, and mother to Tesla entrepreneur Elon Musk, is adding another title to her impressive resume: she’s now a CoverGirl!

The cosmetics company announced the ground-breaking news on Wednesday, September 27, and Musk couldn’t be more thrilled. “I’m so excited to say that I’m now officially a CoverGirl! My three kids, ten grandchildren and I have had the hardest time trying to keep it a secret until today’s big announcement,” she said in an Instagram post. “Who knew, after many years of admiring the gorgeous Covergirl models, that I would be one at 69 years of age? It just shows, never give up. Thank you Covergirl, for including me in your tribe of diversity.”

Maye%20Musk%20(0).jpg

You're right. Depending on the society you are in will determine what is considered beautiful.

Some places consider fat women to be "beautiful" and a sign of wealth. Matter of fact, there are places where families can send their daughters to get fat so they can marry them off easier.

Other cultures consider long necks to be beautiful, which is why some tribes stretch the necks of their women with bangles around their neck.

At one time, in feudal Japan and in China, small feet on women were considered to be "beautiful" and some wealthy families would bind the feet of their women to keep them small.

Me? I don't really care what a woman looks like on the outside. Been lots of places and seen lots of different women. What makes a woman beautiful to me is if she can make me laugh and think, and if she can make me feel like I'm wanted and cared for.

Most men see just a body. Nothing else. Some men think deeper. Those are the keepers. :)

Most men see just a body. Nothing else. Some men think deeper. Those are the keepers. :)

I must be one of the keepers then, because humor, intelligence and a healthy curiosity as well as a willingness to push the limits are more important to me than what she looks like.

But then again, I'm originally from Montana, and would prefer a woman who can camp, gut her own fish, get dirty, knows how to make a fire and how to survive over any beauty queen you could name.

Why? The pretty ones aren't as durable as the ones who know how to do things.

I must be one of the keepers then, because humor, intelligence and a healthy curiosity as well as a willingness to push the limits are more important to me than what she looks like.

But then again, I'm originally from Montana, and would prefer a woman who can camp, gut her own fish, get dirty, knows how to make a fire and how to survive over any beauty queen you could name.

Why? The pretty ones aren't as durable as the ones who know how to do things.

Blacksand probably knows how to do all those things and she's pretty.

I had a best friend in school who was a tomboy type and she knew how to hunt, fish, work on cars but she was also really super pretty without makeup. She was boy crazy we used to party all the time and she was funny and cool. She could have been a snob if she had wanted to but chose a different path.

I saw BlackSands pic long ago in the pic thread. She is very pretty indeed. And yes..she knows how to do all that and more, lol. I think she was in the military?

You know why I have that attitude Drifter and Gracie? Because I know that eventually, gravity will take over and body parts will start heading for the floor, as well as wrinkles are going to form.

I'm more interested in the people who will help me make great memories and be there with me as those wrinkles form and scars (sometimes) are earned. Why? It's the memories that make relationships great, not how their body looks.

Maye%20Musk%20(0).jpg

Ouch.
One huge flaw in your “logic” is that the last few decades, models have been required to be SO thin they are glamorizing an unhealthy lifestyle...unhealthy diets, eating disorders, and drug use...
Women who are 5”8 and 115 lbs aren’t “normal” .. take it from me, that’s my height and weight. No eating disorder, just genetics. However, many women have starved themselves to make weight in the modeling industry, don’t disregard that.

I dress for myself. My mood, my style, my comfort.

Maye%20Musk%20(0).jpg

Ouch.
One huge flaw in your “logic” is that the last few decades, models have been required to be SO thin they are glamorizing an unhealthy lifestyle...unhealthy diets, eating disorders, and drug use...
Women who are 5”8 and 115 lbs aren’t “normal” .. take it from me, that’s my height and weight. No eating disorder, just genetics. However, many women have starved themselves to make weight in the modeling industry, don’t disregard that.

5'8" and 115 is pretty thin. My ex was 5'8" and 143, like a Barbie with musscles.

Forum List

Back