Newest face of covergirl at age 69

Maye Musk, a 69-year-old model, dietician, and mother to Tesla entrepreneur Elon Musk, is adding another title to her impressive resume: sheā€™s now a CoverGirl!

The cosmetics company announced the ground-breaking news on Wednesday, September 27, and Musk couldnā€™t be more thrilled. ā€œIā€™m so excited to say that Iā€™m now officially a CoverGirl! My three kids, ten grandchildren and I have had the hardest time trying to keep it a secret until todayā€™s big announcement,ā€ she said in an Instagram post. ā€œWho knew, after many years of admiring the gorgeous Covergirl models, that I would be one at 69 years of age? It just shows, never give up. Thank you Covergirl, for including me in your tribe of diversity.ā€
d7316780-4dbb-45b8-9397-8cc1c2ef502a_thumb.jpg

Maye%20Musk%20(0).jpg

Maye Musk Is the Newest CoverGirl Spokesmodel at Age 69

Seems pretty cool to be inclusive of beauty at every age.

No. Even though she reminds me of Bunny, she is nowhere near as pretty.

They're all androgenous nowadays.

But my statement was it's nice to be inclusive of all ages of beauty/
Yes. And they also need to put "normal every day" women on CG as well. They are starting to do plus size, but most are stunningly gorgeous. What about women AND men you see every day that are not primped and smoothed and tucked and airbrushed? I'd like to see that as well. This focus on outter beauty and not inner beauty is wayyyy too "then". This is "now". Time for a makeover on what is considered beautiful.

Well, you make an excellent point. Kind of like wrinkle cream commercials that feature gorgeous 20-something-year-old models. Lol! While how can one tell if the product works if you are using a person who has no wrinkles to begin with as a demonstration of the effectiveness of your product? :dunno: I've also seen a commercial for cellulite cream with a skinny young girl on it. She looked like she couldn't have been more than 18 and probably didn't weigh over 90 pounds.

Having said all of that though, of course the make up company is going to be focusing on outer beauty. ;)

Maye Musk, a 69-year-old model, dietician, and mother to Tesla entrepreneur Elon Musk, is adding another title to her impressive resume: sheā€™s now a CoverGirl!

The cosmetics company announced the ground-breaking news on Wednesday, September 27, and Musk couldnā€™t be more thrilled. ā€œIā€™m so excited to say that Iā€™m now officially a CoverGirl! My three kids, ten grandchildren and I have had the hardest time trying to keep it a secret until todayā€™s big announcement,ā€ she said in an Instagram post. ā€œWho knew, after many years of admiring the gorgeous Covergirl models, that I would be one at 69 years of age? It just shows, never give up. Thank you Covergirl, for including me in your tribe of diversity.ā€

Maye%20Musk%20(0).jpg

Yes. And they also need to put "normal every day" women on CG as well. They are starting to do plus size, but most are stunningly gorgeous. What about women AND men you see every day that are not primped and smoothed and tucked and airbrushed? I'd like to see that as well. This focus on outter beauty and not inner beauty is wayyyy too "then". This is "now". Time for a makeover on what is considered beautiful.
They don't need to include everyday girls lol. Not trying to be rude but isn' the point of the magazine to celebrate beauty? How does average fill that goal?

And fat girls need not apply. No need to normalize an unhealthy lifestyle
Ouch.
One huge flaw in your ā€œlogicā€ is that the last few decades, models have been required to be SO thin they are glamorizing an unhealthy lifestyle...unhealthy diets, eating disorders, and drug use...
Women who are 5ā€8 and 115 lbs arenā€™t ā€œnormalā€ .. take it from me, thatā€™s my height and weight. No eating disorder, just genetics. However, many women have starved themselves to make weight in the modeling industry, donā€™t disregard that.

You know, I'd rather have a woman be a bit on the hefty side than too skinny.

Skinny women are uncomfortable to cuddle with.

They don't need to include everyday girls lol. Not trying to be rude but isn' the point of the magazine to celebrate beauty? How does average fill that goal?

Ouch.
One huge flaw in your ā€œlogicā€ is that the last few decades, models have been required to be SO thin they are glamorizing an unhealthy lifestyle...unhealthy diets, eating disorders, and drug use...
Women who are 5ā€8 and 115 lbs arenā€™t ā€œnormalā€ .. take it from me, thatā€™s my height and weight. No eating disorder, just genetics. However, many women have starved themselves to make weight in the modeling industry, donā€™t disregard that.

When I was younger I always dated slender men. My husband is slightly on the hefty side. Best. Cuddler. Ever. Seriously, a game changer.

Ouch.

When I was younger I always dated slender men. My husband is rather on the hefty side. Best. Cuddler. Ever. Seriously, a game changer.

Same with my boyfriend, great cuddles.

Besides.................another reason I don't like bony women is because I believe that women are supposed to have curves, and men are supposed to have angles.

If a woman has angles like a dude, it kinda turns me off.

However........................if she has big hips, ample butt, and a nice pair of breasts, I'm all about finding out about her and if we are compatible.

Ouch.

When I was younger I always dated slender men. My husband is slightly on the hefty side. Best. Cuddler. Ever. Seriously, a game changer.

Ouch.

When I was younger I always dated slender men. My husband is rather on the hefty side. Best. Cuddler. Ever. Seriously, a game changer.

It's comforting to know some girls still like cuddles. :) Thank y'all.

Ouch.

Ouch.

It's comforting to know some girls still like cuddles. :) Thank y'all.

When my boyfriend is not addicted to his xbox he's great at cuddles :lol:

Ouch.

5'8" and 115 is pretty thin. My ex was 5'8" and 143, like a Barbie with musscles.
It is. I weighed more in my golden day, I played college basketball. Closer to muscle barbies weight. Also gained weight with having kids and all. My weight has fluctuated during those times but Iā€™ve always been very thin.

Maye%20Musk%20(0).jpg

Well, you make an excellent point. Kind of like wrinkle cream commercials that feature gorgeous 20-something-year-old models. Lol! While how can one tell if the product works if you are using a person who has no wrinkles to begin with as a demonstration of the effectiveness of your product? :dunno: I've also seen a commercial for cellulite cream with a skinny young girl on it. She looked like she couldn't have been more than 18 and probably didn't weigh over 90 pounds.

Having said all of that though, of course the make up company is going to be focusing on outer beauty. ;)
I think many times a lot of different kinds of ā€˜outer beautyā€™ is missed because of our narrow beauty standards. I love seeing models that break the mold.

I go up n down in weight and my looks change depending on my mood. When I am depressed I don't care for myself as well. When I feel good I take better care of myself. But regardless even in my best shape, makeup, dressed up I look great because I am feeling great and that's what styles, fashion and makeup do for me is just enhances an expression I'm feeling. The downside is some people only like ya when you look good and so it doesn't feel like they genuinely like you for you.

Forum List

Back