Newtown families decide to sue gun manufacturers

thereisnospoon

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2010
mid south
Newtown Families Sue Gun Maker for Sandy Hook Massacre - NBC News
Despite federal laws that ban this sort of thing or at least limits liability, these aggrieved families who have probably run out of ways to find someone to take out their frustration have decided what ails them is a cash payout.
My thinking is the attorney gets buried in motions and paper.
The suit may even be thrown out..
If this is allowed and the plaintiffs prevail, what's to prevent the next one from suing an auto manufacturer or dealer because they sold a car to an unstable person?
I am empathetic to the families of the victims of this terrible crime.
But a cash out to solve their misery? NO....

Last edited:
I would tell it to their faces and tell them the judge ought to impose huge sanctions against them for filing such a crappy bogus lawsuit

I would tell it to their faces and tell them the judge ought to impose huge sanctions against them for filing such a crappy bogus lawsuit

Well then thank goodness you aren't involved in law in any way.

spent 24 years as a DOJ litigator. I know this stuff inside and out. their suit is frivolous and they should be sanctioned for filing it

spent 24 years as a DOJ litigator. I know this stuff inside and out. their suit is frivolous and they should be sanctioned for filing it

I'm sure you'd take much pleasure in sanctioning the parents of murdered children. It would probably be the highlight of your career.

I'm sure you'd take much pleasure in sanctioning the parents of murdered children. It would probably be the highlight of your career.
its two years later. I don't cut them any slack now for such disgusting tactics. why should a gun maker be cost money : its more the fault of the school than the gun maker. The gun was sold legally with a background check.

its two years later. I don't cut them any slack now for such disgusting tactics. why should a gun maker be cost money : its more the fault of the school than the gun maker. The gun was sold legally with a background check.

So you would look them in the eye and condemn them for doing this for the money? And that they're abusing their murdered child?

So you would look them in the eye and condemn them for doing this for the money? And that they're abusing their murdered child?
they are useful pawns of nefarious assholes. I'd tell them they have no right to impose costs on the gun maker and if they do, they should be forced to bear the costs

they are useful pawns of nefarious assholes. I'd tell them they have no right to impose costs on the gun maker and if they do, they should be forced to bear the costs

That's a much less asshole thing to say than you supported originally.

hell maybe I'd tell them to fuck off and die

depends on how stupid they are

Their grief doesn't trump the law.

hell maybe I'd tell them to fuck off and die

depends on how stupid they are

Doesn't surprise me.

Forum List

Back