Newtown families decide to sue gun manufacturers

its two years later. I don't cut them any slack now for such disgusting tactics. why should a gun maker be cost money : its more the fault of the school than the gun maker. The gun was sold legally with a background check.

So you would look them in the eye and condemn them for doing this for the money? And that they're abusing their murdered child?
they are useful pawns of nefarious assholes. I'd tell them they have no right to impose costs on the gun maker and if they do, they should be forced to bear the costs

That's a much less asshole thing to say than you supported originally.
hell maybe I'd tell them to fuck off and die

depends on how stupid they are

Doesn't surprise me.
I suspect you are another gun hater and you support stupid lawsuits against gun makers.

So you would look them in the eye and condemn them for doing this for the money? And that they're abusing their murdered child?
they are useful pawns of nefarious assholes. I'd tell them they have no right to impose costs on the gun maker and if they do, they should be forced to bear the costs

Doesn't surprise me.
I suspect you are another gun hater and you support stupid lawsuits against gun makers.

No I'm a decent human being. I'm not accusing the parents of murdered children of just looking for a quick buck like you are.

I own guns. I don't think the parents should win this lawsuit. I'm also not being a gigantic asshole like you and others in this thread about it.

Anything for a buck.

Would you say that to their face?
Yeah, and I'd say it to YOUR face too.

Then there's a special place in hell reserved for you.
that is really really stupid.

Well since there's no such thing as hell you may be right :dunno:
It's the thought that counts.

Anyone who would say such a thing to someone who lost a family member is indeed scum, and responsible for reflecting poorly on those of us who own firearms, enjoy the shooting sports, and seek to defend the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment.

Anyone who would say such a thing to someone who lost a family member is indeed scum, and responsible for reflecting poorly on those of us who own firearms, enjoy the shooting sports, and seek to defend the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment.
sometimes telling the truth is the best. some of these families are useful pawns for the anti gun scum

sometimes telling the truth is the best. some of these families are useful pawns for the anti gun scum

And yet this thread was started by a pro-gun scumbag trying to use these families as pawns.

And you were right there with them accusing them of trying to earn a buck off of their dead children. You must be so proud. :cool:

I would tell it to their faces and tell them the judge ought to impose huge sanctions against them for filing such a crappy bogus lawsuit

Well then thank goodness you aren't involved in law in any way.

spent 24 years as a DOJ litigator. I know this stuff inside and out. their suit is frivolous and they should be sanctioned for filing it
Sanction the liberal ambulance chaser who talked them into suing the gun manufacturers.

Anything for a buck.

Spare us the phony indignation, drama queen.

I would love for you to get the chance to tell these parents they are just looking for a quick buck. I would also love it if those parents you insulted were armed and took action.

Anything for a buck.

I would love for you to get the chance to tell these parents they are just looking for a quick buck. I would also love it if those parents you insulted were armed and took action.
I would love it if YOU tried to take action.

I disagree. Dead people can't love anything.

I disagree. Dead people can't love anything.
Really, and how would you accomplish that, tough guy?

Newtown Families Sue Gun Maker for Sandy Hook Massacre - NBC News
Despite federal laws that ban this sort of thing or at least limits liability, these aggrieved families who have probably run out of ways to find someone to take out their frustration have decided what ails them is a cash payout.
My thinking is the attorney gets buried in motions and paper.
The suit may even be thrown out..
If this is allowed and the plaintiffs prevail, what's to prevent the next one from suing an auto manufacturer or dealer because they sold a car to an unstable person?
I am empathetic to the families of the victims of this terrible crime.
But a cash out to solve their misery? NO....

The gun manufacturers are not responsible. Period.

It is just as stupid as suing auto companies for car accidents. How many stolen cars are wrecked by thieves? How many drunk drivers are there?

The fault lies with the person using the gun. That is all there is to it.

Of course, this is being orchestrated by liberal lawyers. They know individuals are responsible for their own actions, but lawyers like deep pockets. You can't get money from a poor criminal or a dead one. The liberal lawyers want money and they want to punish gun manufacturers because they don't like guns and don't think people should have them.

I should have kept count of the parents who called me in the middle of the night. Maybe their kid was hit by a car. Maybe shot in a parking lot or coming out of a store. Some called me before 911. Who can they sue? How much would they get? Can they have an advance. Even grief has a price.

Doesn't surprise me.

No I'm a decent human being. I'm not accusing the parents of murdered children of just looking for a quick buck like you are.

I own guns. I don't think the parents should win this lawsuit. I'm also not being a gigantic asshole like you and others in this thread about it.

The problem with this suit is they are not the ones pushing it. Bloomberg is probably the one behind it, and the only way you prevent crap like this from continuing is to make an example of those who stoop to this level. If this suit is allowed to continue, and it prevails then every company in the US might as well close up shop and we get to watch the economy implode and this country fail. Those are the stakes involved here.

I would tell it to their faces and tell them the judge ought to impose huge sanctions against them for filing such a crappy bogus lawsuit

Well then thank goodness you aren't involved in law in any way.

spent 24 years as a DOJ litigator. I know this stuff inside and out. their suit is frivolous and they should be sanctioned for filing it

I'm sure you'd take much pleasure in sanctioning the parents of murdered children. It would probably be the highlight of your career.
its two years later. I don't cut them any slack now for such disgusting tactics. why should a gun maker be cost money : its more the fault of the school than the gun maker. The gun was sold legally with a background check.
It's more the fault of popular culture. All that dramatized violence on TV and in the movies - and fiction books aren't exactly any better.

Make gun violence and criminal behavior 'cool' and some dumb or mentally unbalanced kids and adults are sure to follow the bad examples set. That is the really sad part.

paper tiger that will not see the light of day.

I've got something for them to sue

What a bunch of UnAmerican assholes. I hope to meet some face to face someday

-Geaux

Forum List

Back