next target of the left will be talk radio

Unhinged is projecting again.

So Boo,

Owen Lattimore - Soviet, or not?
Harry Hopkins - Soviet, or not?
Harry Dexter White - Soviet, or not?
John Stewart Service - Soviet, or not?
John Patton Davies - Soviet, or not?

I know, facts don't matter. The fact that McCarthy was right is irrelevant, he was embarrassing the party by exposing the level of infiltration, if not outright collaboration between the democrats and the Soviets. You HAD to destroy him, and our own Josef Goebbels, Edward Murrow, was just the man to do it.

lol at people defending joseph fucking mccarthy.

talk about disconnected from reality.

Hey dumb ass learn some history McCarthy was correct about communists in government.....

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in a while.

Now you know why all the blind squirrels congregate outside FOX News HQ. Hell, I've heard stories about Sean Hannity being chased down the street by roving packs of blind squirrels.

Uncensored is being silly. Ryan is not a McCarthyite, neither is Romney, neither is Cantor.

But you are.

::yawn:: done yet? My god that was the most boring babblation ever.

I feel your pain, how dare anyone question the party or the state media.

And completely irrelevant since Murrow's show wasn't about any of that; it was about McCarthy's tactics of witch hunting and its impact on freedom of speech. As he put it "dissent is not disloyalty". IOW as usual, the direct opposite of this comic book
fantasy of yours.

So, history has shown that McCarthy was 100% correct, that those he accused were in fact Soviet spies. But facts don't matter, only party. I mean, treason isn't a problem, you have a party to promote and protect.

The fact is that the "witch hunt" was conducted by Murrow against McCarthy for the purpose of distracting from the now irrefutable fact that the Truman Administration was full of Soviet operatives. Murrow was used to create a shit storm against McCarthy, not just to destroy the factual investigation underway, but also as warning that should anyone dare expose the connection between the party and the Soviets, they too would experience the destruction of their lives by Herr Goebbels and his managed media. Murrow learned well from his mentor.

Yawn, fabricated haughtiness by yet another Bolshevik who is far too intellectual to soil himself with the television. Laughable bullshit, at best.

Slander and libel are similar - but only a dolt claims they are the same thing.

So, you'll be putting a rebuttal section on Madcow, Matthews, Jon Stewart, et al. any day now, right Comrade?

Oh, this is ONLY about talk radio, since the rest of the media is comfortably in party hands. I mean, the goal is the censor the right, not offer opposing views on, well "The View."

ROFL

You authoritarians would be a hoot, if not for the forced labor prisons, death camps, and armed thugs you bring along with you.

Not at all, Red Lion dealt with a single broadcast carried across multiple affiliates. A vastly different issue than 300 local Apparatchiks independently reading the script and ad libbing the views Murrow and the party provided them.

Utter bullshit, as you well know. If the goal were alternative voices, then "mission accomplished" - but here you are demanding that conservative voices be censored. So clearly your goal is to silence ideas contrary to the message of the party.

Which is why Eisenhower, a left wing Republican, represented the alternative to the democrats. Eisenhower was the epitome of big government excess.

What the fuck does any of that mean? Who brought up these cable people and what do they have to do with anything? You keep trying to derail the subject why? Because you're floating obvious contradictions and want to get the spotlight off them, that's why. Didn't work before, doesn't work now, and won't work in the future.

Right, because you only seek to silence radio. TV already is fully controlled by the party - no need for a change there.

Good luck with learning English. As has been the case since the beginning of the thread, a lot of cheap bullshit self-contradictory claims offering no foundation whatsoever except paranoid fantasies of "everybody's against me". Not in the least impressed.

What reason do you have for seeking to censor radio?

If you bleat "equal time," then support your nonsense by demonstrating that the left, with CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, and CBS has LESS hours per week to further the agenda of the party than the right does on talk radio to oppose the agenda of the party.

Another yawning episode of "the Young and the Clueless"

1/ the issue in 1954, and it as not been revised, was McCarthy's tactics in attention-whoring by attacking everything around him that moved and hauling them in for a public trial without due process. This is what the U.S. Army counsel Welch was referring to with "have you no shame, Senator", as well as what the Murrow show was about. But the fact also is that by the time Murrow did his "exposé" it was already common knowledge. Murrow wasn't breaking any news everybody didn't know; he just documented and commented on it. Exactly what we do in this message board. And then McCarthy was given time to respond under the Fairness Doctrine, though he didn't do so effectively -- kind of like you get to respond to this post with your inane comic book fantasies. Now, take the FD out of the analogy, and I can just post whatever I want and you don't get to say squat.

As for who was a member of what party, I don't give a flying fuck about an attention-whoring about "communists" in 1954 any more than I give a flying fuck about Lush Rimjob's attention-whoring about "sluts" in 2012. I'm not impressed by facile shiny fearmonger objects. Obviously you swoon over them.

2/ "Yawn, fabricated haughtiness by yet another Bolshevik who is far too intellectual to soil himself with the television. Laughable bullshit, at best."

-- laughable it is. So why did you bring it up? I sure didn't.

3/ "So, you'll be putting a rebuttal section on Madcow, Matthews, Jon Stewart, et al. any day now, right Comrade?
Oh, this is ONLY about talk radio, since the rest of the media is comfortably in party hands. I mean, the goal is the censor the right, not offer opposing views on, well "The View."

-- more pointless rambling, again trying to bring cable TV in as a camouflage for your perverted fantasies. Yes, it is about talk radio. Read the fucking thread title, dipshit.

4/ "Right, because you only seek to silence radio. TV already is fully controlled by the party - no need for a change there."

I have never uttered a word about "silencing" anything. If I did you could quote it. You can't -- because you just make shit up. As for TV, you're the only one who keeps bringing that up. Three times in a row here. You put up an image saying "SHUT UP PEASANT" -- not me.

5/ "If you bleat "equal time," then support your nonsense by demonstrating that the left, with CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, and CBS has LESS hours per week to further the agenda of the party than the right does on talk radio to oppose the agenda of the party."

Excuse me? "Bleat equal time"?? Wtf are you babbling about now?
At some point back there somebody brought up the Fairness Doctrine, I explained it. That's it. It's been off the air for 27 years. And btw it's "Fewer" hours, not "less" hours. Dumb shit.

"What reason do you have for seeking to censor radio?

What reason do you have for beating your wife?

Go fuck yourself. Four times in a row you're trying to veer this topic off into television.
"Censor"?? You're the cretin making empty claims; I don't have to "demonstrate" jack squat. You do.

Last edited:
everything right or republican or right or republican related the left is determined to divide and conquer.
Its only natural the next target will be talk radio. Give it time

Roger?s Rules » The Next Target of Leftists: Talk Radio

You are a WHINY

cryingbaby.jpg

LITTLE BABY!

everything right or republican or right or republican related the left is determined to divide and conquer.

You are a WHINY

cryingbaby.jpg

LITTLE BABY!

The image is appropriate; it sums up the OP which just cried wolf and gave no support for it whatsoever. Then his minions come in trying desperately to veer the topic off to lists of communists from 60 years ago, what's on estrogen cable TV, and Doublethink about how "rebuttal is censorship".

Gotta wonder what some wags are smoking.

You are a WHINY

cryingbaby.jpg

LITTLE BABY!

The image is appropriate; it sums up the OP which just cried wolf and gave no support for it whatsoever. Then his minions come in trying desperately to veer the topic off to lists of communists from 60 years ago, what's on estrogen cable TV, and Doublethink about how "rebuttal is censorship".

Historically, opponents from the left and the right found The Fairness Doctrine to have little to no guidelines, no set pattern of what is and isn't fair and problematic throughout most of it's existence.
Comments from the left after the 2008 election most definitely led credibility to the claim that the left was going to push for the renewal of it.
Your partisan slant here is Exhibit A of that. You fault conservatives for believing that the comments of the left will be turned into policy by this admistration and praise the left for their continued support of "what is fair" and "what the public wants".

As opposed to your script for "Little House in the Gulag."

1/ the issue in 1954, and it as not been revised, was McCarthy's tactics in attention-whoring by attacking everything around him that moved and hauling them in for a public trial without due process.

ROFL

Yeah, our peoples democrats would never do such a thing....

Senator Frank R. Lautenberg

ROFL - the hypocrisy of leftists is a wonder to behold...

This is what the U.S. Army counsel Welch was referring to with "have you no shame, Senator", as well as what the Murrow show was about. But the fact also is that by the time Murrow did his "exposé" it was already common knowledge. Murrow wasn't breaking any news everybody didn't know; he just documented and commented on it. Exactly what we do in this message board. And then McCarthy was given time to respond under the Fairness Doctrine, though he didn't do so effectively -- kind of like you get to respond to this post with your inane comic book fantasies. Now, take the FD out of the analogy, and I can just post whatever I want and you don't get to say squat.

Have you no integrity, Pogo?

Was McCarthy correct in his allegations, or not?

As for who was a member of what party, I don't give a flying fuck about an attention-whoring about "communists" in 1954 any more than I give a flying fuck about Lush Rimjob's attention-whoring about "sluts" in 2012. I'm not impressed by facile shiny fearmonger objects. Obviously you swoon over them.

ROFL

Now THAT is some funny shit.

The ONLY thing you give a fuck about is your shameful party.

-- laughable it is. So why did you bring it up? I sure didn't.

You know goddamned well what Law & Order is, and that it's distinctly left wing. So many leftists pretend that they are far too intellectual to sully themselves with pedestrian entertainment like television; until you catch them beating off to "Family Guy" or "American Idol."

-- more pointless rambling, again trying to bring cable TV in as a camouflage for your perverted fantasies. Yes, it is about talk radio. Read the fucking thread title, dipshit.

The View is broadcast TV, stupid fuck.

And of course you want to limit this to media that has right wing viewpoints expressed. Duh, you're a leftist thug seeking to use the power of the state to silence views contrary to your shameful party.

I have never uttered a word about "silencing" anything.

BWHAHAHAHA

Oh fuck me, you Bolsheviks are too much. You actually think the rest of us are as stupid as you are....

If I did you could quote it. You can't -- because you just make shit up. As for TV, you're the only one who keeps bringing that up. Three times in a row here.

Listen, shit fer brains, television is broadcast media. IF you are to have some sore of "fairness doctrine," then the application of such would be to ALL broadcast media on the thin guise of limited airwaves.

You put up an image saying "SHUT UP PEASANT" -- not me.

Holy fuck, you really are stupid, aren't you.....

At some point back there somebody brought up the Fairness Doctrine, I explained it. That's it. It's been off the air for 27 years. And btw it's "Fewer" hours, not "less" hours. Dumb shit.

Oh, I see, you're here arguing for unfettered freedom of speech....

Serious question, are you on narcotics?

You are a WHINY

cryingbaby.jpg

LITTLE BABY!

Historically, opponents from the left and the right found The Fairness Doctrine to have little to no guidelines, no set pattern of what is and isn't fair and problematic throughout most of it's existence.
Comments from the left after the 2008 election most definitely led credibility to the claim that the left was going to push for the renewal of it.
Your partisan slant here is Exhibit A of that. You fault conservatives for believing that the comments of the left will be turned into policy by this admistration and praise the left for their continued support of "what is fair" and "what the public wants".

???
Exactly how many mushrooms did you swallow, Bilko? I never posted anything remotely resembling any of that, nor is it any part of the topic here.
Are you insane?

Last edited:

As opposed to your script for "Little House in the Gulag."

1/ the issue in 1954, and it as not been revised, was McCarthy's tactics in attention-whoring by attacking everything around him that moved and hauling them in for a public trial without due process.

ROFL

Yeah, our peoples democrats would never do such a thing....

Senator Frank R. Lautenberg

ROFL - the hypocrisy of leftists is a wonder to behold...

Have you no integrity, Pogo?

Was McCarthy correct in his allegations, or not?

ROFL

Now THAT is some funny shit.

The ONLY thing you give a fuck about is your shameful party.

You know goddamned well what Law & Order is, and that it's distinctly left wing. So many leftists pretend that they are far too intellectual to sully themselves with pedestrian entertainment like television; until you catch them beating off to "Family Guy" or "American Idol."

The View is broadcast TV, stupid fuck.

And of course you want to limit this to media that has right wing viewpoints expressed. Duh, you're a leftist thug seeking to use the power of the state to silence views contrary to your shameful party.

BWHAHAHAHA

Oh fuck me, you Bolsheviks are too much. You actually think the rest of us are as stupid as you are....

Listen, shit fer brains, television is broadcast media. IF you are to have some sore of "fairness doctrine," then the application of such would be to ALL broadcast media on the thin guise of limited airwaves.

You put up an image saying "SHUT UP PEASANT" -- not me.

Holy fuck, you really are stupid, aren't you.....

Oh, I see, you're here arguing for unfettered freedom of speech....

Serious question, are you on narcotics?

:blahblah:
dismissivewank.gif
:blahblah:

Gadawg73, historically, you arguments are wrong.

You are entitled to your opinion.
But as usual, that is all you have.
No facts, just opinion and heated air with it.

Strangely enough that precisely sums up the OP in this thread.

Here's the basis for an assertion the linked blog pulls out of its proverbial ass:

Leftists hate talk radio. Why? Because it represents an independent source of opinion, a source, moreover, that is at once extremely popular and (from the perspective of the leftists) politically heterodox.

-- Then he goes on to describe some little radio station in Bumfuck Missouri that was bought by what he describes as a "left wing activist", concluding/suggesting that the plan is “to buy out smaller stations across the country to cripple the talk radio format.” That's it. No facts, no background, no documentation, no evidence, no other reasoning, no support, no nuttin'. Just an arbitrary opinion thrown up on the wall to see if it sticks and an alleged e-mail Unbridled paranoia. And that's all this thread is.

Actually looking up Red Rock Radio shows it's a media company that already owns a couple of dozen radio stations and a handful of TV stations in the midwest, broadcasting mostly rock, country, and Fox TV. The couple of stations it does own that feature talk radio at all -- not including the one the article mentions-- program Sean Hannity and Gordon Liddy. One station used to air AirAmerica and dropped it five years ago and switched to oldies.

This is the nefarious plan to "target" talk radio. Some plan. Obviously the brainchild of Pol Pot, set to the music of John Lenin with a heapin' helpin' of Göbbel Göbbel Göbbels on the side.

Last edited:

???
Exactly how many mushrooms did you swallow, Bilko? I never posted anything remotely resembling any of that, nor is it any part of the topic here.
Are you insane?

"Though upheld by SCOTUS in 1969 on a case of ad hominem, FD was abolished by FCC Chair and Reagan appointee Dennis Patrick in 1987."
And then a cracker jack jab at Rush Limbaugh.
And you claim here with a straight face you were not a supporter of the Fairness Doctrine.
Sure, right guy.
And you claim that there should have not been any worries about it coming back.
In 2007 The Center for American Progress, who claim to be bipartisan but is really a progressive think tank led by by John Podesta, released their report The Structural Imbalance of Political Talk Radio.
I suggest you read it and get back to us on whether or not there was reason for mounting a massive fight to stop the Fairness Doctrine rearing it's ugly head and coming back again.
A case of "ad hominem"? Please. SCOTUS ruled in that case that the FCC had no obligation whatsoever to act on any FD case brought before it. Guess why. The courts ruling in that case stated that since there was a proliferation of cable television, multiple channels within cable, public access channels and internet then any argument of fairness because of a lack of scarce resources was A BOGUS ONE.
You left all of that out.
"What the Fairness Doctrine did was ensure that if one opinion came in from this side another one had to be welcomed from that side"
Refer to my previous comments on "ensure".
The Fairness Doctrine is NOT the Equal Time Rule. Fairness Doctrine is for the discussion of controversial issues. Equal Time Rule is soley for political candidates.
FCC vote was 4-0 to abolish it and not "by Reagan appointee Phillip Patrick".
All FCC are appointed and how many Democrats were appointed on that 4-0 vote to abolish Fairness Doctrine?
He had ONE vote. And this came out of the Syracuse Peace Council Decision and the ruling was upheld by a liberal Appeals court in 1989.
June 1987 Democrats in Congress attempted to codify The Fairness Doctrine. Reagan vetoed it. 1991 Congress attempted to pass legislation again and Bush threatened a veto and it died.
And one believes that this is dead.

I think as a whole, talk radio helps the Democrats

24/7 nonstop attacks against the left. Demonization..... Commies, Fascists, Liberals hate America, They want to take our guns, They want gays to be like you and me, we are the "Real Americans", God likes us best

The biggest impact of talk radio is not that it has destroyed the Liberal movement, but it has destroyed the moderate Republican movement. It forces Republicans to assume extremist positions and provides Democrats with an unending supply of talking points and a means to fear monger

Talk radio alienates moderate America and forces them to support moderate left positions because there are no moderate right positions

Forum List

Back