next target of the left will be talk radio

I think as a whole, talk radio helps the Democrats

24/7 nonstop attacks against the left. Demonization..... Commies, Fascists, Liberals hate America, They want to take our guns, They want gays to be like you and me, we are the "Real Americans", God likes us best

The biggest impact of talk radio is not that it has destroyed the Liberal movement, but it has destroyed the moderate Republican movement. It forces Republicans to assume extremist positions and provides Democrats with an unending supply of talking points and a means to fear monger

Talk radio alienates moderate America and forces them to support moderate left positions because there are no moderate right positions

And Democrats help right wing talk radio.
Clinton made Rush Limbaugh.
Ratings go sky high when Democrats are in office.

24/7 nonstop attacks against the left. Demonization..... Commies, Fascists, Liberals hate America, They want to take our guns, They want gays to be like you and me, we are the "Real Americans", God likes us best

The biggest impact of talk radio is not that it has destroyed the Liberal movement, but it has destroyed the moderate Republican movement. It forces Republicans to assume extremist positions and provides Democrats with an unending supply of talking points and a means to fear monger

Talk radio alienates moderate America and forces them to support moderate left positions because there are no moderate right positions

I am a fiscal conservative.
I am moderate to liberal on all social issues such as gay rights, women's rights, against the wars and oppose drug war.
I listened to Boortz for years and knew him when he was a practicing lawyer many a moon ago. My parents lived near where he lives now.

Historically, opponents from the left and the right found The Fairness Doctrine to have little to no guidelines, no set pattern of what is and isn't fair and problematic throughout most of it's existence.
Comments from the left after the 2008 election most definitely led credibility to the claim that the left was going to push for the renewal of it.
Your partisan slant here is Exhibit A of that. You fault conservatives for believing that the comments of the left will be turned into policy by this admistration and praise the left for their continued support of "what is fair" and "what the public wants".

???
Exactly how many mushrooms did you swallow, Bilko? I never posted anything remotely resembling any of that, nor is it any part of the topic here.
Are you insane?

"Though upheld by SCOTUS in 1969 on a case of ad hominem, FD was abolished by FCC Chair and Reagan appointee Dennis Patrick in 1987."
And then a cracker jack jab at Rush Limbaugh.
And you claim here with a straight face you were not a supporter of the Fairness Doctrine.
Sure, right guy.

No, wrong guy. I said no such thing. Show it to me.

And you claim that there should have not been any worries about it coming back.

Wrong again. What thread are you reading?
I've said nothing judgmentally on whether the FD should have been in place here or there. I just corrected all these blatant falsehoods about what it is. Read much?
By the way, as long as you're just making shit up ... you'll notice that your last two fabrications contradict each other. That's the hole that liars like you dig for themselves.
:oops:

In 2007 The Center for American Progress, who claim to be bipartisan but is really a progressive think tank led by by John Podesta, released their report The Structural Imbalance of Political Talk Radio.
I suggest you read it and get back to us on whether or not there was reason for mounting a massive fight to stop the Fairness Doctrine rearing it's ugly head and coming back again.

I'd love to. I devour treatises on media. So why didn't you link it? :link:
Or are you just making it up like the rest of this shit?

A case of "ad hominem"? Please. SCOTUS ruled in that case that the FCC had no obligation whatsoever to act on any FD case brought before it. Guess why. The courts ruling in that case stated that since there was a proliferation of cable television, multiple channels within cable, public access channels and internet then any argument of fairness because of a lack of scarce resources was A BOGUS ONE.
You left all of that out.

I "left all that out" because it didn't exist. This was 1969. Are you reading this thread in Greek? What kind of internet service did you have in 1969? :bang3:

"What the Fairness Doctrine did was ensure that if one opinion came in from this side another one had to be welcomed from that side"
Refer to my previous comments on "ensure".

- huh?

I'm supposed to hunt down one word from a guy who makes it up as he goes along? Don't hold your breath.

The Fairness Doctrine is NOT the Equal Time Rule. Fairness Doctrine is for the discussion of controversial issues. Equal Time Rule is soley for political candidates.

Once again, I said no such thing. I haven't mentioned "equal time rule" at all. Anywhere.
Wtf dood??

FCC vote was 4-0 to abolish it and not "by Reagan appointee Phillip Patrick".

Patrick was the Commissioner at the time and led the issue.

All FCC are appointed and how many Democrats were appointed on that 4-0 vote to abolish Fairness Doctrine?

Don't know and don't care. I don't follow the political red/blue game.

He had ONE vote. And this came out of the Syracuse Peace Council Decision and the ruling was upheld by a liberal Appeals court in 1989.

::yawn:: is there a point coming sometime soon?

June 1987 Democrats in Congress attempted to codify The Fairness Doctrine. Reagan vetoed it. 1991 Congress attempted to pass legislation again and Bush threatened a veto and it died.
And one believes that this is dead.

..........AND???

Once again I don't know what kind of substance fuels your creative writing but you just made all this up, and based on the content I'd say don't quit the day job. All I did was correct a myth propagated way back in Post #4 about how the FD works. Since I'm a veteran of the broadcast and communications field over the last three decades I just might know a bit more about it. I took no position on what status is "should" have; the ignorance of the dittoist trolls jumping in to insist it meant the opposite of what it meant, is more than enough to handle. Besides which if they clearly don't understand the issue in the first place, then advocating a position on it either way would be pointless.

But then again I actually read what they write, which makes for a lot of work. Maybe I should follow your approach and just make it up. Must be easier.

So Bilko, here's your homework you left undone...
Where is this: Your partisan slant here is Exhibit A of that -?
Where is this: You fault conservatives for believing that the comments of the left will be turned into policy by this admistration -?
Where is this: and praise the left for their continued support of "what is fair" and "what the public wants" -?
Where is this: you claim here with a straight face you were not a supporter of the Fairness Doctrine -?
Where is this: you claim that there should have not been any worries about it coming back -?
Where is: "a proliferation of cable television, multiple channels within cable, public access channels and internet" in 1969 -?
Where is any mention of "Equal Time Rule"?

You've piled up an army of strawmen so you have a lot to undo.

Get to work.

Last edited:

Astutely put. Talk radio has always been around but the rise of the hate-talk type we have now, starting with Limblob around 25 years old, has degraded us to a chasm of discourse where the focus shifts off of politics and onto the person. Had the internet existed 25 years ago before Limblob oozed out, we would not have had our message board polluted with cries of "libtard" and "Nazi" and ironically, "fascist". Decorum ain't what it used to be, and this can be traced directly to attack radio and Plumbob's knuckledragger images of "Feminazis" and a 12-year-old Chelsea Clinton as the "White House dog".

As I like to say succinctly, Lush Rimjob is to the concept of discourse as Jeffrey Amherst is to the concept of charity.

Last edited:

Only if you are stupid enough to believe the misinformation you hear on GOP hate radio.

Your MessiahRushie claimed to have 22 million cult followers per week during Clinton. He claimed more than 22 million per week during Bush II. He claimed his followers were larger than ever after the Fluke smear at 22 million per week. Of course in between the Bush II claim and the Fluke claim he said he had over 40 million followers a day and now he claims to have 50 million per week. Talkers Mag rates his followers at under 15 million per week so you can be sure all his claims are bullshit.

So either his followers fell from 40 million before Fluke to 22 million after, 22 million being the most he ever had by his own admission, and then suddenly jumped to 50 million even though the magazine that rates talk radio has him at under 15 million, or talk radio numbers are pure bullshit fed to the "Misinformation Voter" who is gullible enough to swallow any bullshit.

June 14, 2007
RUSH: I'm telling you, it's the same thing with this stupid bunch of idiots, the Center for Science and the Public Interest. It's probably three idiots -- three anorexic, pallid idiots -- and they claim to represent the entire health industry, or they're given that kind of weight. Meantime, this audience is 22 million -- and we're learning, by the way, it's even larger than that. I can't give away trade secrets, but there's a revolutionary new way that radio ratings are being taken, and it's been tested in a couple cities and we're finding in Philadelphia, the "cume" is twice what we thought it was. It's going to be awhile before they roll this out into all of the markets that are rated. But it's going to be even more than 22 million people.

March 28, 2012
RUSH: We haven't lost any audience in this program.* The audience is larger than it's ever been... But the advertisers who've really been hurt are the ones who've abandoned here. I just assume everybody understood that. Let me tell you: We have 22 million people here who have stopped patronizing these people, stopped patronizing them. It's major in many instances, the harm that has been inflicted.

May 26, 2011
RUSH:. According to reports at the peak of The Oprah's popularity, her show had 40 million weekly viewers. Now, that's not bad. That's almost as many as we have every day here. So our hat's off to The Oprah, 40 million viewers a week, not bad.

November 07, 2012
RUSH:* Hey, any of you guys in there want to come sit in my chair today?* Anybody?* Nobody wants to come sit in my chair here?* None of you?* I mean, I'm giving you a golden opportunity to speak to, what, 50 million people.*

audiencechart_8122.jpg

Last edited:

Astutely put. Talk radio has always been around but the rise of the hate-talk type we have now, starting with Limblob around 25 years old, has degraded us to a chasm of discourse where the focus shifts off of politics and onto the person. Had the internet existed 25 years ago before Limblob oozed out, we would not have had our message board polluted with cries of "libtard" and "Nazi" and ironically, "fascist". Decorum ain't what it used to be, and this can be traced directly to attack radio and Plumbob's knuckledragger images of "Feminazis" and a 12-year-old Chelsea Clinton as the "White House dog".

As I like to say succinctly, Lush Rimjob is to the concept of discourse as Jeffrey Amherst is to the concept of charity.
Actually, the Saul Alinsky type hate radio of ridicule started with Morton Downey Jr and his "Pablum Puking Liberals" before LimpBoy and his "Femminazis." He took Downey's place when he went crazy and was taken off the air, MessiahRushie was then given Downey's show.

"They're coming to shut down talk radio!"

"Where'd you hear that?"

"On talk radio".

Fucking Dittoheads.

Yet your fellow leftist Pogo, got a hardon just thinking about it.

You of the left seek to crush liberty. Freedom of speech, freedom to defend one's self, freedom of assembly. You've redefined "privacy" to mean killing our children, so we have to fill out a 1040 that details the most intimate areas of our lives for our federal overlords.

Fucking Communists.

Last edited:

So talk radio treats the left exactly like Obama treats conservatives, then?

Yeah, play that perpetual VICTIM card!
Yeah, that's the ticket! :rofl::lmao:

All the hate talk does more to destroy moderate republicans than it does to destroy the Liberal movement. Those moderate Republicans who are open to compromise, who are willing to seek a middle ground get demonized for daring to work with a group who is identified by talk radio as anti-American

Talk radio has forced Republicans to cede the middle ground to the liberals

???
Exactly how many mushrooms did you swallow, Bilko? I never posted anything remotely resembling any of that, nor is it any part of the topic here.
Are you insane?

"Though upheld by SCOTUS in 1969 on a case of ad hominem, FD was abolished by FCC Chair and Reagan appointee Dennis Patrick in 1987."
And you claim here with a straight face you were not a supporter of the Fairness Doctrine.
Sure, right guy.

I've said nothing judgmentally on whether the FD should have been in place here or there. I just corrected all these blatant falsehoods about what it is. Read much?
By the way, as long as you're just making shit up ... you'll notice that your last two fabrications contradict each other. That's the hole that liars like you dig for themselves.

I "left all that out" because it didn't exist. This was 1969. Are you reading this thread in Greek? What kind of internet service did you have in 1969? :bang3:

- huh?

I'm supposed to hunt down one word from a guy who makes it up as he goes along? Don't hold your breath.

Once again, I said no such thing. I haven't mentioned "equal time rule" at all. Anywhere.
Wtf dood??

He had ONE vote. And this came out of the Syracuse Peace Council Decision and the ruling was upheld by a liberal Appeals court in 1989.

June 1987 Democrats in Congress attempted to codify The Fairness Doctrine. Reagan vetoed it. 1991 Congress attempted to pass legislation again and Bush threatened a veto and it died.

..........AND???

Once again I don't know what kind of substance fuels your creative writing but you just made all this up, and based on the content I'd say don't quit the day job. All I did was correct a myth propagated way back in Post #4 about how the FD works. Since I'm a veteran of the broadcast and communications field over the last three decades I just might know a bit more about it. I took no position on what status is "should" have; the ignorance of the dittoist trolls jumping in to insist it meant the opposite of what it meant, is more than enough to handle. Besides which if they clearly don't understand the issue in the first place, then advocating a position on it either way would be pointless.

But then again I actually read what they write, which makes for a lot of work. Maybe I should follow your approach and just make it up. Must be easier.

Where is this: You fault conservatives for believing that the comments of the left will be turned into policy by this admistration -?
Where is this: and praise the left for their continued support of "what is fair" and "what the public wants" -?
Where is this: you claim here with a straight face you were not a supporter of the Fairness Doctrine -?
Where is this: you claim that there should have not been any worries about it coming back -?
Where is: "a proliferation of cable television, multiple channels within cable, public access channels and internet" in 1969 -?

Get to work.

I did my work and stated all the facts.
You listed little to no facts and made inferences that it was ONE person on the FCC that ended the Fairness Doctrine.
I schooled you on the law, all of the rulings, the reasons why they ruled that way and many of the reasons why there was good evidence that pointed to another attempt at enacting the Fairness Doctrine.
You have not yet proven a damn thing other than that you posted biased and half truth facts.
For starters, prove that it was JUST Patrick that abolished The Fairness Doctrine.
You stated HE abolished it so prove it.
Or admit you are wrong and move on. Meet at the 50 yard line and shake hands like a good sport.

Sure, right guy.

- huh?

Wtf dood??

..........AND???

Get to work.

I did my work and stated all the facts.
You listed little to no facts and made inferences that it was ONE person on the FCC that ended the Fairness Doctrine.
I schooled you on the law, all of the rulings, the reasons why they ruled that way and many of the reasons why there was good evidence that pointed to another attempt at enacting the Fairness Doctrine.
You have not yet proven a damn thing other than that you posted biased and half truth facts.
For starters, prove that it was JUST Patrick that abolished The Fairness Doctrine.
You stated HE abolished it so prove it.
Or admit you are wrong and move on. Meet at the 50 yard line and shake hands like a good sport.

Bilko, you don't "school" me on broadcast law, I guarantee that. You schooled us all on how to make shit up out of thin air like the liar you are.. Get the fuck over yourself, asswipe.

You're supposed to be working on those fabrications in red. Wanna see 'em again?

Come back when you're done.

Rotsa ruck.

Last edited:

I dont think he made Rush....Yet his fist couple years in office when he though he was a fascist second coming sure as hell helped. ... I miss the rapist at least he realized he wasnt God and stopped most of his fascist machinations

I dont think he made Rush....Yet his fist couple years in office when he though he was a fascist second coming sure as hell helped. ... I miss the rapist at least he realized he wasnt God and stopped most of his fascist machinations

Rapist? Bush wasn't a rapist.

All the hate talk does more to destroy moderate republicans than it does to destroy the Liberal movement.

Most of the hate talk comes from Obama, and his moron worshipers - like you.

Those moderate Republicans who are open to compromise, who are willing to seek a middle ground get demonized for daring to work with a group who is identified by talk radio as anti-American

You mean, those who are willing to assume the yoke the left wishes to place on them will still be subject to the slander and libel that define you shameful democrats?

Knock me over with a feather...

Speaking of hate, did one of the party propaganda ministers really say this?

{CBS News’ political director John Dickerson advised President Obama to “go for the throat” and to “destroy the GOP,” during his last term in office which began on Sunday.}
CBS News? Political Director Urges Obama to ?Destroy the GOP?

Geeze, on might get the idea that you of the Khmer Rouge are hate filled.

ROFL

Only if Pol Pot defines "the middle," Squeaky.

BTW, you should change your avi to;

t1port.squeaky.fromme.gi.jpg

All the hate talk does more to destroy moderate republicans than it does to destroy the Liberal movement.

Most of the hate talk comes from Obama, and his moron worshipers - like you.

Those moderate Republicans who are open to compromise, who are willing to seek a middle ground get demonized for daring to work with a group who is identified by talk radio as anti-American

You mean, those who are willing to assume the yoke the left wishes to place on them will still be subject to the slander and libel that define you shameful democrats?

Knock me over with a feather...

Speaking of hate, did one of the party propaganda ministers really say this?

{CBS News’ political director John Dickerson advised President Obama to “go for the throat” and to “destroy the GOP,” during his last term in office which began on Sunday.}
CBS News? Political Director Urges Obama to ?Destroy the GOP?

Geeze, on might get the idea that you of the Khmer Rouge are hate filled.

ROFL

Only if Pol Pot defines "the middle," Squeaky.
BTW, you should change your avi to;

t1port.squeaky.fromme.gi.jpg

Right on cue...

Further demonstration of the talk radio inspired rhetoric which is destroying the Republican Party

Forum List

Back