NFL Bullying Charge

Start another thread so we wont be off topic.

So the world of high level sports is a figment of your imagination and you want to deflect answering. Fair enough.

No its a figment of your imagination. You are the one that asked for information. Start another thread or shut up.

Obviously this is a sensitive topic. That is two deflections in a row. If you are going to infer that you know what the world of high level sports is like, we need some reason to believe you.

So the world of high level sports is a figment of your imagination and you want to deflect answering. Fair enough.

No its a figment of your imagination. You are the one that asked for information. Start another thread or shut up.

Obviously this is a sensitive topic. That is two deflections in a row. If you are going to infer that you know what the world of high level sports is like, we need some reason to believe you.

I'll be happy to explain on the thread you start so you wont derail this one. Otherwise shutup.

I'll be happy to explain on the thread you start so you wont derail this one. Otherwise shutup.

Strike three. Challenge lost. Dude.

It looks like you cant read. Where do you see me condoning anything even close to it?

There was, allegedly a demand that every rookie contribute $15,000 to a party they could not attend. There were repurcusions for refusal to contribute, and your comment was about not playing sports beyond Jr High. As a person who was in the varsity team at my high school, a can tell you that we never tried to extort money from other players. No college in this country would put up with this type of thing. Every pro player I have heard comment on this that is not on the dolphins does not understand how it could get this bad.

You are condoning extortion by dismissing it as normal, even though it isn't.

Where do you see me dismissing it as normal? Quick tip. Don't assume I mean anything other than what I write. If you can't comprehend or determine my intent, a simple question would be in order. Assuming is stupid. Like your comment on me condoning extortion.

Quick tip, you are worse at lying about lying than Obama.

It sounds like you are condoning criminal extortion.

It looks like you cant read. Where do you see me condoning anything even close to it?

There was, allegedly a demand that every rookie contribute $15,000 to a party they could not attend. There were repurcusions for refusal to contribute, and your comment was about not playing sports beyond Jr High. As a person who was in the varsity team at my high school, a can tell you that we never tried to extort money from other players. No college in this country would put up with this type of thing. Every pro player I have heard comment on this that is not on the dolphins does not understand how it could get this bad.

You are condoning extortion by dismissing it as normal, even though it isn't.

What were the repercussions?

Would they have lost their contracts?
Been denied playing time?

Would they have been called mean names?

If this proves to be true there should be no further mention of extortion:

"According to Murtha, that report is accurate but incomplete. Martin had promised he would attend the trip, which was paid in advance. Martin then backed out at the last minute, not due to illness or family emergency, but because he no longer felt like going. The players who helped organize the trip, including Incognito, demanded Martin still pay his share because everything was pre-paid, and there were no refunds available."

"Obviously, IF this version of the story is true, the Vegas trip being partially paid for by Martin no longer qualifies as an example of bullying - I've done the exact same thing to a very good friend of mine in a similar situation. It's not bullying to expect friends to keep their word. This could be an example of a story sounding much worse than it is in reality because of a key detail missing - in this case, Martin allegedly promising to go on the trip, which was pre-paid."

Lydon Murtha Gives Context to the Richie Incognito-Jonathan Martin story - The Phinsider

"According to Murtha, that report is accurate but incomplete. Martin had promised he would attend the trip, which was paid in advance. Martin then backed out at the last minute, not due to illness or family emergency, but because he no longer felt like going. The players who helped organize the trip, including Incognito, demanded Martin still pay his share because everything was pre-paid, and there were no refunds available."

"Obviously, IF this version of the story is true, the Vegas trip being partially paid for by Martin no longer qualifies as an example of bullying - I've done the exact same thing to a very good friend of mine in a similar situation. It's not bullying to expect friends to keep their word. This could be an example of a story sounding much worse than it is in reality because of a key detail missing - in this case, Martin allegedly promising to go on the trip, which was pre-paid."

Lydon Murtha Gives Context to the Richie Incognito-Jonathan Martin story - The Phinsider

It that was all there was to it, you might have a point, but it isn't.

Young Dolphins players are under pressure to dig deep into their pockets to pay for veterans’ social outings, a practice that is straining their finances and locker room chemistry, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation.

Sources: Miami Dolphins rookies pushed to pay up - Miami Dolphins - MiamiHerald.com

OK you're one of those literal people who can't think beyond the words on a page. I'll remember that if I ever respond to one of your posts.

I see you like to call people animals. I normally get literal when people do dumb stuff like that.

This might surprise you but words can have more than one meaning.

Ape - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Full Definition of APE
a : monkey; especially : one of the larger tailless or short-tailed Old World forms
b : any of two families (Pongidae and Hylobatidae) of large tailless semierect primates (as the chimpanzee, gorilla, orangutan, or gibbon) —called also anthropoid, anthropoid ape
a : mimic
b : a large uncouth person

English is not his strong suit.

Young Dolphins players are under pressure to dig deep into their pockets to pay for veterans’ social outings, a practice that is straining their finances and locker room chemistry, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation.

Sources: Miami Dolphins rookies pushed to pay up - Miami Dolphins - MiamiHerald.com

From your link:

"Multiple sources plugged into the organization agree that it’s happening in Miami — but it’s not just a Dolphins issue: It happens league-wide, and organizations and the players’ union know all about it. They simply don’t care, another source said."

So Richie is not the problem in this instance but rather the fact that rookies are being asked to pay large sums of money for dinners and such. This seems to be a problem throughout the league. Are they going to make an example of Richie to curb a problem that exists throughout the league, even if Richie is not guilty of this kind of behavior?

based on their public behavior. I was more mature at 12 than that idiot incognito.

Based on what was reported, and if it is true, Incognitos behavior was unprofessional and inappropriate at best, however his personal behavior should not make it necessary to categorize every NFL player as an "immature ape". That is an iimmature statement in itself.

Why would you assume I am talking about all nfl players when this thread is about specific players?

Personally I have no reverence for pro athletes. I judge them as I would anyone else.

I don't get the impression that anyone contributing to this thread "reveres" professional athletes. Knowing a few personally, I respect what they have to do in order to compete at their level, just as I would any other professional.

As far as the clarity of your statement, it appeared as if you were categorizing the whole of them as "apes", and even if you were referring to a select few, is that really necessary?

If you "judge them" as you do anyone else, do you also apply the "ape" label to office place jerks who bully others? Or an unscrupulous hedge fund manager who steals the life savings of an elderly couple?

Just curious.

From your link:

"Multiple sources plugged into the organization agree that it’s happening in Miami — but it’s not just a Dolphins issue: It happens league-wide, and organizations and the players’ union know all about it. They simply don’t care, another source said."

So Richie is not the problem in this instance but rather the fact that rookies are being asked to pay large sums of money for dinners and such. This seems to be a problem throughout the league. Are they going to make an example of Richie to curb a problem that exists throughout the league, even if Richie is not guilty of this kind of behavior?

That makes it worse, not better.

This guy and any who are involved, went to far.

St. Louis didn't want this guy, several teams didn't want him because he was an idiot that didn't t know how to conduct himself. He is at a golf tournament and sexually assaults a woman.

I am unsure how he became a team leader. No wonder Miami has had issues with winning.

Forum List

Back