NFL Conference Championship games

We all know when a QB proves they don't have what it takes. Purdy hasn't proven that yet. Dak Prescott did. Would you take Dak over Purdy? I wouldn't.

Call it the Dak test. Would you take Dak or Aaron Rogers? Dak or Brady? Dak or Goff?
I agree. I don’t want Dak either.

I agree. I don’t want Dak either.
But for some reason they will stick with him or another team will take him. They see something in him I just don't see.

Maybe they see it like I see it now after he choked against san fran. Who got whipped by Philly. And Dak only beat Tom Brady in the playoffs this year. BFD. But I bet he's starting next year for the Cowboys. I just don't get it.

While that might be true Carr wasn’t playing with the caliber of teammates Purdy was nor did he have an offensive wizard as a head coach like Purdy does. Also Purdy is out at least 6 months and possibly a year with his injury. Thirdly there’s no way to know if Purdy comes back the same before surgery. He’s undersized to start and already had a less than stellar arm. The Niners are built to win now and that window is closing.
Good points, obviously the 49'ers have some options, and they have to make a decision on Garrapolo as well as Purdy, and also have some marquee players that they need to fit within their salary cap. It will be interesting whatever choice they make.

Good points, obviously the 49'ers have some options, and they have to make a decision on Garrapolo as well as Purdy, and also have some marquee players that they need to fit within their salary cap. It will be interesting whatever choice they make.
Jimmy G is a UFA. I doubt he goes back to a franchise who clearly didnt want him after he took them to a SB. I assume there will be plenty of teams vying for his services where he will have a legitimate shot at the starting job. I dont think that's the case in SF.

Jimmy G is a UFA. I doubt he goes back to a franchise who clearly didnt want him after he took them to a SB. I assume there will be plenty of teams vying for his services where he will have a legitimate shot at the starting job. I dont think that's the case in SF.
I was surprised when he ended up coming back in the first place. His contract with the 49ers was around 6.5-7.0 million for one year, so he is a monetary low risk. Maybe someone will pick him up. Whatever happens he will land somewhere.

I was surprised when he ended up coming back in the first place. His contract with the 49ers was around 6.5-7.0 million for one year, so he is a monetary low risk. Maybe someone will pick him up. Whatever happens he will land somewhere.
Not sure he had much choice. He was under contract and SF couldnt find a trade partner at least on willing to give them what they wanted. Didnt they give up a 1st Rd pick to get him from NE? I also think there was so much dead cap if they released him it wasnt worth it or something along those lines. I was surprised he restructured his contract to help SF out though.

Not sure he had much choice. He was under contract and SF couldnt find a trade partner at least on willing to give them what they wanted. Didnt they give up a 1st Rd pick to get him from NE? I also think there was so much dead cap if they released him it wasnt worth it or something along those lines. I was surprised he restructured his contract to help SF out though.
Yes, I think it was a 2nd round pick in the 2018 draft that they gave up. It will be interesting to see what Garrapolo wants to do this time.

Yes, I think it was a 2nd round pick in the 2018 draft that they gave up. It will be interesting to see what Garrapolo wants to do this time.
You are correct. He also had a no trade clause in his contract so he may have shut down trades to teams that were not contenders knowing he could pick and choose this year.

I disagree. I think this guy has been and is under rated.

Look what I posted

set the Pac-12 Conference season records for passing yards and passing touchdowns, and was selected first overall by the Los Angeles Rams in the 2016 NFL Draft.

After an unsuccessful rookie season, Goff rebounded in his second year when he helped lead the Rams to their first winning season in 14 years and their first playoff appearance in 13 years. Goff oversaw further improved fortunes for the Rams in 2018, which saw the team reach Super Bowl LIII, the franchise's first Super Bowlappearance since 2001. He also received Pro Bowl honors in both seasons.

We have other positions that need improvement. I think we have a solid QB.

Plus Brady is now off the table. LOL. Maybe we can still get Aaron Rogers? LOL. I wouldn't want him. Don't like his attitude and he's washed up. Like Lebron. Still great but not great enough to win another championship. Can show flashes of greatness but not be great the entire game. Aaron has lost a step. And yet the NFL talks about him like another team would be lucky to have him. Same with Russell Wilson. I don't think he can win another superbowl. He's like Mahomes dad's age. LOL He was great 10 years ago. Yet everything wants him or thinks he's great.

I think Goff is young and great. And can win it all. I wonder if the Rams would have won with him or if Stafford made them better.
You are a fan and that is your right. The Lions gelled this year. And they may finally get to the promised land. I support any team that is going for its first Championship except if they play the Eagles.

Chiefs

More yards
fewer turnovers
more time of possession
more first downs
more sacks
better 3rd down efficiency
More yards per play
Were better in the red zone
More kick return yards
more punt return yards

But it was the refs fault the Bengals lost…..
Despite all that the Chiefs needed a Bengals penalty to get them close enough to kick a field goal and win.

In any case, I'll rot for the Chiefs to beat the Eagles.

Of course it’s subjective as is your opinion that they can win a SB with Purdy.
It is not subjective to argue that Purdy had a higher passer rating than each of the QBs you listed.

It is not subjective to argue that Purdy will have a lower salary than each of the QBs you listed.

It is not subjective to argue that a more expensive quarterback will allow less room in the salary cap to attract and retain talent at other positions.

Forum List

Back