NFL Less Popular Than WHO?

According to a new Fox News poll, the National Rifle Association is more popular than the National Football League. Shocker, right?

The Breakdown
The NFL's favorability rating has dropped considerably over the last four years. In 2013, 64 percent had a positive view of the league. Fast forward to 2017 and that number has dropped 18 points to 46 percent.

“If the NFL were a political candidate, alarm bells would be going off in campaign headquarters,” said Democratic Pollster Chris Anderson who conducted the Fox News Poll with Republican Pollster Daron Shaw.

The poll confirms what the average American already knew: that conservative white men are more likely to disagree with football players kneeling in protest during the National Anthem. On the other hand, the poll also confirms that minority liberals are more likely than their counterparts to think that kneeling is an acceptable form of protest.

But even more surprising: the NRA is more popular than the NFL. 49 percent of those who were polled favored the gun rights group.

HA! A Major Gun Advocacy Group Is More Popular Than The NFL

OK. Let's see 70.000 show up to watch a gun shooting contest.

Here. Enjoy..

I'm sure the internation media audience is MUCH larger than 70,000..

And this is your rebuttal? Really?

Show me where in AMERICA you will consistently see 70,000 people sitting in seats watching a gun shooting contest. Not some TV viewing of a winter Olympic sport. Because if you want to go by that, the NFL will still be watched by far more viewers than a biathlon in the Winter Olympics. There is a reason we don't see the Biathlon of the week, Monday Night Biathlon, Thursday Night Biathon or Biathlon Night in America.

Football is just a kid's game but the NRA represents the 2nd Amendment. The interesting point is that the left (and the liberal media) consistently underestimates the will and agenda of the American public. Maybe that's why they lost almost every significant election in the last six years.

According to a new Fox News poll, the National Rifle Association is more popular than the National Football League. Shocker, right?

The Breakdown
The NFL's favorability rating has dropped considerably over the last four years. In 2013, 64 percent had a positive view of the league. Fast forward to 2017 and that number has dropped 18 points to 46 percent.

“If the NFL were a political candidate, alarm bells would be going off in campaign headquarters,” said Democratic Pollster Chris Anderson who conducted the Fox News Poll with Republican Pollster Daron Shaw.

The poll confirms what the average American already knew: that conservative white men are more likely to disagree with football players kneeling in protest during the National Anthem. On the other hand, the poll also confirms that minority liberals are more likely than their counterparts to think that kneeling is an acceptable form of protest.

But even more surprising: the NRA is more popular than the NFL. 49 percent of those who were polled favored the gun rights group.

It is drawn on political lines because Republicans are typically more patriotic than Democrats.

Ratings go up and down with entertainment, but this direct line down is something that the NFL better straighten out before the damage is unrepairable.

Republicans aren't more patriotic than anyone. They think they are and they tell themselves that but that's about it.

Says a member of a party that supports tearing down statutes of our history and has no problem with millionaires disrespecting our anthem and flag.

The confederacy was not America.

The Breakdown

It is drawn on political lines because Republicans are typically more patriotic than Democrats.

Ratings go up and down with entertainment, but this direct line down is something that the NFL better straighten out before the damage is unrepairable.

Republicans aren't more patriotic than anyone. They think they are and they tell themselves that but that's about it.

Says a member of a party that supports tearing down statutes of our history and has no problem with millionaires disrespecting our anthem and flag.

They're going after George Washington and Lincoln now. What do you have to say about that?

The Breakdown

OK. Let's see 70.000 show up to watch a gun shooting contest.

Here. Enjoy..

I'm sure the internation media audience is MUCH larger than 70,000..

And this is your rebuttal? Really?

Show me where in AMERICA you will consistently see 70,000 people sitting in seats watching a gun shooting contest. Not some TV viewing of a winter Olympic sport. Because if you want to go by that, the NFL will still be watched by far more viewers than a biathlon in the Winter Olympics. There is a reason we don't see the Biathlon of the week, Monday Night Biathlon, Thursday Night Biathon or Biathlon Night in America.

Hey.. Lighten up. Most American millenials I know spend HOURS a day in front of a screen "shooting guns". There is NOTHING evil. And they TELL ME -- it's VERY entertaining.

Football is just a kid's game but the NRA represents the 2nd Amendment. The interesting point is that the left (and the liberal media) consistently underestimates the American public. Maybe that's why they lost almost every significant election in the last six years.

It kinda seems like we won the presidency in 2012. That would be significant. Second we did not gerrrymander district like republicans which is why you guys have been winning. The NRA doesn't represent the second amendment. They represent gun manufacturers. I've been watching football all day and I don't see all that many empty seats. You conservative extremists always think your little 10 percent is everybody. Everybody is neither going to quit watching football or going to football games because Donald Trump tells them to.

The Breakdown

They're going after George Washington and Lincoln now. What do you have to say about that?

Who is? Washington owned slaves, He should come down.

On the whole professional football is pretty uninteresting unless you are into the science of it. Lefties invented the arguable statistic of the "most domestic abuse on Super Bowl Sunday" even though it has been debunked by experts. All of a sudden when idiotic players decide to disrespect their Country the sissie lefties suddenly become NFL fans. It's all about the politics of hatred and lefties are experts at it.

On the whole professional football is pretty uninteresting unless you are into the science of it. Lefties invented the arguable statistic of the "most domestic abuse on Super Bowl Sunday" even though it has been debunked by experts. All of a sudden when idiotic players decide to disrespect their Country the sissie lefties suddenly become NFL fans. It's all about the politics of hatred and lefties are experts at it.

Well from where I sit the sissies are conservatives. I played football and I am a liberal. I don't need a gun to feel like a man and I watch football because it's a fun game to watch. These players are not disrespecting the country and for you to actually believe that shows just how much of an idiot you actually are.

Well from where I sit the sissies are conservatives. I played football and I am a liberal. I don't need a gun to feel like a man and I watch football because it's a fun game to watch. These players are not disrespecting the country and for you to actually believe that shows just how much of an idiot you actually are.

Liberals have short memories about the head injury hype and the image of (mostly) liberal parents picketing High Schools and refusing to allow their kids to participate. All of a sudden when race based political anger rears it's ugly head the hypocrite liberal left forgot about the crazy domestic abuse statistic they created and and the head and spinal injury hype and decided to support professional football players, at least while they are disrespecting their Country.

Who is? Washington owned slaves, He should come down.

And there you go. Liberals wanting to erase history.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

George Orwell, 1984

Forum List

Back