NFL News

Just saw that they didn't give much for Favre, and they want a repeat of that deal, since the QB's are so close in wins per season, starts, and MVP's.

Just saw that they didn't give much for Favre, and they want a repeat of that deal, since the QB's are so close in wins per season, starts, and MVP's.
The Packers are holding all the cards and the Jets are in desperation mode.

The Packers are holding all the cards and the Jets are in desperation mode.
Are they? Aaron doesnt want to be there, the Packers want to move on to their 1st round draft pick from 4 years ago. The Packers also want to be rid of the 60 million dollar cap hit Rodgers comes with. Essentially, the Packers if they cant find a trading partner have to either sit Rodgers and eat his contract or likely trade Jordon Love. I don't think they want to do either of those things.

If Im the Jets Im telling GB you have no one else calling you about Rodgers. Im not giving you multiple 1st round picks for a QB I might get for 2 years and more than likely just 1 and at the highest salary in the league. For 2 1st round picks they can get Lamar Jackson.

Are they? Aaron doesnt want to be there, the Packers want to move on to their 1st round draft pick from 4 years ago. The Packers also want to be rid of the 60 million dollar cap hit Rodgers comes with. Essentially, the Packers if they cant find a trading partner have to either sit Rodgers and eat his contract or likely trade Jordon Love. I don't think they want to do either of those things.

If Im the Jets Im telling GB you have no one else calling you about Rodgers. Im not giving you multiple 1st round picks for a QB I might get for 2 years and more than likely just 1 and at the highest salary in the league. For 2 1st round picks they can get Lamar Jackson.
Rodgers is still under contract and doesn't have a no trade clause in his contract. The Packers will only trade him for equal compensation. The Jets must decide how badly they want him.

The Jets should have gone after Lamar Jackson who is only 26. Rodgers is a one year band-aid.

Rodgers saying he’s going to play for the Jets. The AFC East just got interesting

The Jets should have gone after Lamar Jackson who is only 26. Rodgers is a one year band-aid.
But the jets would have to give up 2 picks on top of signing Lamar to a guaranteed contract

But the jets would have to give up 2 picks on top of signing Lamar to a guaranteed contract
Rodgers has maybe only two good years left and is a short term solution compared to Jackson who is younger and will play for a longer time. A typical Jets fuckup.

Rodgers is still under contract and doesn't have a no trade clause in his contract. The Packers will only trade him for equal compensation. The Jets must decide how badly they want him.
But if they dont trade him they are on the hook for 60 million dollars. And they have a 1st rd draft pick who is supposed to be the heir apparent to Rodgers going into the 3rd year of his rookie contract and has only thrown 83 passes in his career. They are going to have to play him or trade him. The Packers dont hold as many cards as you think. If the Jets give them more than a couple second round picks they are getting fleeced. Rodgers is going to be 40 and wasnt at anywhere near an MVP caliber player last year.

But if they dont trade him they are on the hook for 60 million dollars. And they have a 1st rd draft pick who is supposed to be the heir apparent to Rodgers going into the 3rd year of his rookie contract and has only thrown 83 passes in his career. They are going to have to play him or trade him. The Packers dont hold as many cards as you think. If the Jets give them more than a couple second round picks they are getting fleeced. Rodgers is going to be 40 and wasnt at anywhere near an MVP caliber player last year.
If the Jets want Rodgers they need to give the Packers equal compensation. The Packers are not going to give him away for peanuts.

If the Jets want Rodgers they need to give the Packers equal compensation. The Packers are not going to give him away for peanuts.
I think the Jets will give up less than 2 firsts that they would have to give up for Lamar

And if Im the Jets Im asking the Packers what other options do you have? The Jets may very well way over pay for Rodgers but they are stupid if they do since the Packers options besides the Jets dont really exist. The Packers have said they wont trade him to a team in the NFC. So that eliminates 15 trade partners right from the start. KC, Buffalo, Cincy, Cleveland, Pitt, Miami, Jacksonville, Baltimore, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, NE arent in the market for a QB. That leaves 4 teams in the AFC. The Texans and Indy have top 10 draft picks, they are drafting a QB. So we are down to the Titans and the Jets as even possible destinations for Rodgers. Have you heard there is any interest from the Titans to acquire Rodgers? I haven't. So, it sounds to me like the Packers have 1 trading partner or they get to eat a 60-million-dollar cap hit to have Rodgers sit on his couch next year. If Im the Jets Im telling GB, I'll give you a couple 2nds, call me if you're interested, you have until Friday. I bet you GB takes it. Their alternative is nothing and eating the cap hit.

And if Im the Jets Im asking the Packers what other options do you have? The Jets may very well way over pay for Rodgers but they are stupid if they do since the Packers options besides the Jets dont really exist. The Packers have said they wont trade him to a team in the NFC. So that eliminates 15 trade partners right from the start. KC, Buffalo, Cincy, Cleveland, Pitt, Miami, Jacksonville, Baltimore, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, NE arent in the market for a QB. That leaves 4 teams in the AFC. The Texans and Indy have top 10 draft picks, they are drafting a QB. So we are down to the Titans and the Jets as even possible destinations for Rodgers. Have you heard there is any interest from the Titans to acquire Rodgers? I haven't. So, it sounds to me like the Packers have 1 trading partner or they get to eat a 60-million-dollar cap hit to have Rodgers sit on his couch next year. If Im the Jets Im telling GB, I'll give you a couple 2nds, call me if you're interested, you have until Friday. I bet you GB takes it. Their alternative is nothing and eating the cap hit.
You are crazy if you think the Packers would settle for two 2nd round picks. Rodgers is under contract and the Packers won't trade him if they don't get what they consider fair value in return. These negotiations will continue until the Jets quit trying to low ball Green Bay.

The last famous #12 quarterback on the NY Jets was Joe Namath.

Now? Apparently it’s Aaron Rogers.

If they protect him, that could turn out well.

Forum List

Back