🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Niners - Seahawks

Two teams based on defense and running the football. One ran the football effectively. That team won.

Yes, Seattle has a better secondary. However, were the Niners able to run the football (other than Kaep scrambling) it would open the passing game up. They had, what, 20 yards that didn't come from the qb?

The Niners didn't run well in the first game, either. If that doesn't change, I'm very concerned about the season. This is not a team built to win passing the ball every week.

Seattle looked like the more complete team.

Seattle held court.

There has been some talk that Seattle HAD to win !!..blah...blah...blah..

OK... Now that they did keep the home field win.. ALL the talk on the upcoming rubber match in the Bay will swing hard back on the 9ers twice as strong and the rematch will rise in importance even exceeding the hype of last nights regular season game.

Remember! Last year the first meeting in SF was QB'd by Alex Smith and Russell Wilson was still sporting his NFL training wheels. NOW the make-up between the two teams is pretty much set. These teams will only be different (barring serious injuries) with the exception that Seattle's defensive line should be back to full strength being down two strong players that were the heart of it's pass rush AND both teams will have the addition of star recievers they didn't have last night with Crabtree back for SF and Harvin recovered from his injury playing for the Seahawks.

NOW the impotice regarding the other teams in the NFC West has changed slightly. NOW the rest of the division is chasing the Seahawks. Now the San Francisco Forty Niners HAVE to beat the Seahawks in San Francisco.

Last edited:
Seattle held court.

OK... Now that they did keep the home field win.. ALL the talk on the upcoming rubber match in the Bay will swing hard back on the 9ers twice as strong and the rematch will rise in importance even exceeding the hype of last nights regular season game.

Remember! Last year the first meeting in SF was QB'd by Alex Smith and Russell Wilson was still sporting his NFL training wheels. NOW the make-up between the two teams is pretty much set. These teams will only be different (barring serious injuries) with the exception that Seattle's defensive line should be back to full strength being down two strong players that were the heart of it's pass rush AND both teams will have the addition of star recievers they didn't have last night with Crabtree back for SF and Harvin recovered from his injury playing for the Seahawks.

NOW the impotice regarding the other teams in the NFC West has changed slightly. NOW the rest of the division is chasing the Seahawks. Now the San Francisco Forty Niners HAVE to beat the Seahawks in San Francisco.

I don't know if either Harvin or Crabtree if likely to be playing in the next game.

Now the Niners HAVE to beat the Hawks in San Fran if both teams are close in record when the next game rolls around. We don't know what their records will be when the next matchup comes, although if this game is indicative of things, the Seahawks will be well ahead. :(

Seattle held court.

I don't know if either Harvin or Crabtree if likely to be playing in the next game.

Now the Niners HAVE to beat the Hawks in San Fran if both teams are close in record when the next game rolls around. We don't know what their records will be when the next matchup comes, although if this game is indicative of things, the Seahawks will be well ahead. :(

I'm not that up on Crabree's status. Harvin's rehab is ahead of schedule. He has been making statements that he intends to be playing by week 7. I don't know if I buy into his optimistic projection but week 8-9 seems very likely. Our next meeting with SF takes place week 14.

Head lines on the internet...

Seattle Seahawks Fan Group Reports Guinness World Record-Breaking 131.9-Decibel-Level Noise in Victory Over 49ers

Read more at: Seattle Seahawks Fan Group Reports Guinness World Record-Breaking 131.9-Decibel-Level Noise in Victory Over 49ers | NFL | NESN.com

Led by former Seahawks defensive lineman Joe Tafoya, the Seahawks fanbase set a Guinness World Record for loudest stadium, recording 136.6 decibels midway through the third quarter

Just sayin...

710 ESPN Seattle Audio: Pete Carroll talks Week 2 with "Brock and Danny"

I'm just glad to see you happy Hug-miester...It was a definite butt kicking.

Ya thanks! I may have been wrong about Wilson's two TD's...Maybe it was just one. His int was unfortunate as our reciever fell down while the ball was in the air... Not Wilson's best game. SF has a great D-Line and they contained Russell most of the night. He got sacked several times.

I was expecting CK and Boldin to play better as they both had career games last week.

It sure is a luxury to have such a suffocating secondary.

I hates-es them...:lol:

I'd say The Seattle Seahawks are officially the team to beat....

I'd have to agree with the latest power rankings that put the Hawks at or next to the top. When ESPN's Skip Bayless is publicly apologising to Richard Sherman, as he did yesterday morning on "First Take", I guess it is time to take the Seahawks seriously as the favorite in the NFC. :lol:

Laces Out ? NFL on FOX Blog

ns, juiced on noise, which surely creates as big an advantage over an opponent as any performance enhancing drug and which, to their shame, NFL officials turn the same blind eye they have to concussions and drugs?

It would be simple to fix. Seahawks players and managers would ask their fans to cease and desist, and the NFL would implement a new rule: The visiting team may stop the game when fan noise is greater than a specified decibel level, and should this rule be violated in more than three games, no home games will be played at the offending field for the rest of the season, including playoff games. Things would quiet down.

At a time when the world seems sour, sports give us a place of joy, community and hope, and to have it spoiled is a bigger loss than it seems on the surface.

Lest you think Judy and Rich are just isolated fans, here is another letter that appeared in the Chronicle:

I couldn’t agree more with “Unsportsmanlike conduct in Seattle” (Letters, Sept. 17).

It wasn’t a game of skill anymore; it was an exhibition of excessive stadium noise, posturing obscenities in your opponent’s face to draw a foul and street-punk behavior to fire up tensions to gain any advantage to get the win.

I hope the NFL will listen before the fans go deaf. Please stop the excessive stadium noise, and just play football.

Ellen Gust, Palo Alto

<<<

So now it's unsportsmanlike to cheer for your team? Are the niners really whiners?

ns, juiced on noise, which surely creates as big an advantage over an opponent as any performance enhancing drug and which, to their shame, NFL officials turn the same blind eye they have to concussions and drugs?

It would be simple to fix. Seahawks players and managers would ask their fans to cease and desist, and the NFL would implement a new rule: The visiting team may stop the game when fan noise is greater than a specified decibel level, and should this rule be violated in more than three games, no home games will be played at the offending field for the rest of the season, including playoff games. Things would quiet down.

At a time when the world seems sour, sports give us a place of joy, community and hope, and to have it spoiled is a bigger loss than it seems on the surface.

Lest you think Judy and Rich are just isolated fans, here is another letter that appeared in the Chronicle:

I couldn’t agree more with “Unsportsmanlike conduct in Seattle” (Letters, Sept. 17).

It wasn’t a game of skill anymore; it was an exhibition of excessive stadium noise, posturing obscenities in your opponent’s face to draw a foul and street-punk behavior to fire up tensions to gain any advantage to get the win.

I hope the NFL will listen before the fans go deaf. Please stop the excessive stadium noise, and just play football.

Ellen Gust, Palo Alto

<<<

So now it's unsportsmanlike to cheer for your team? Are the niners really whiners?

Everyone has whiney fans. I'm certainly not going to agree with those idiots, and I'm a long time Niner fan.

Ellen Gust, Palo Alto

<<<

Everyone has whiney fans. I'm certainly not going to agree with those idiots, and I'm a long time Niner fan.

Did not mean to lump all Niner fans in with these idiots. Just wanted to be assured that we are not going to stop fans from cheering on their teams.

There is NOTHING stopping any other team's fans from cheering as loudly as they can for thier team.

Some stadium HAS to be the loudest. It just happens to be in Seattle. Seattle fans have a rich and long history of working to gether to distract the opposing teams to add advantage to our Huskies and Seahawks.

Remember "The Wave" ? Started in U of W Husky stadium.

If other stadiums are being built with huge mega bucks enclosed boxes for rich guys instead of the architects designing what matters.. amplification of crowd noise...Is THAT really Seattle's fault?

San Francisco had a golden opportunity to help the 9ers on the field with thier brand new stadium. Did they? No. They went for enclosing many sections for the benefit of the uber rich ensuring a noise advantage for thier greatest rivals...The Seahawks.

Forum List

Back