No Mow May

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly love your need to dictate what others should do like god came down and said take over. hey, do me a favor and fk off.
Well if you and millions of other Americans are doing something that's bad for the planet, you'll do it alright. We just got to get enough Republicans to go along and that will only happen when things get much worse. Just like gun legislation. Things have to get much worse before you guys will even budge an inch.

Here is a great example. Can we at least raise the age to 21 before you can buy a semi automatic assault rifle?

I notice you don't mind the age being 18 not 16 so why would you object to raising it to 21?

Well if you and millions of other Americans are doing something that's bad for the planet, you'll do it alright. We just got to get enough Republicans to go along and that will only happen when things get much worse. Just like gun legislation. Things have to get much worse before you guys will even budge an inch.

Here is a great example. Can we at least raise the age to 21 before you can buy a semi automatic assault rifle?

I notice you don't mind the age being 18 not 16 so why would you object to raising it to 21?
I never took you for a climate and gun nutter.

Things have to get much worse before you guys will even budge an inch.
Interesting. So in your mind is there any level that is acceptable to you that isn't zero? Cause if that's the case you should just come out right now in favor of banning and confiscating, right?

Interesting. So in your mind is there any level that is acceptable to you that isn't zero? Cause if that's the case you should just come out right now in favor of banning and confiscating, right?
I’m watching a documentary on George Carlin.

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there’s an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever ’til the end of time!

But he loves you

I’m watching a documentary on George Carlin.

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there’s an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever ’til the end of time!

But he loves you
Wow. That was out of left field. :lol:

1654224103742.png

No mow.... You didn't say no snow...

Wow. That was out of left field. :lol:
I forget how much I agree with George Carlin I too don’t care anymore what happens to the human species. And I think it’s doomed. And now it’s fun to watch.

I see more now what he means. After the struggle to make it, you can sort of take a step back and look at how fucked up things are and laugh because it no longer affects you. I don’t care who wins. I don’t care how many mass shootings we have. I don’t care about global warming. I don’t care about Russia. I’m old enough to feel this way. The liberal has been punched out of me. And if the poor and middle class don’t care, fuck em.

I forget how much I agree with George Carlin I too don’t care anymore what happens to the human species. And I think it’s doomed. And now it’s fun to watch.

I see more now what he means. After the struggle to make it, you can sort of take a step back and look at how fucked up things are and laugh because it no longer affects you. I don’t care who wins. I don’t care how many mass shootings we have. I don’t care about global warming. I don’t care about Russia. I’m old enough to feel this way. The liberal has been punched out of me. And if the poor and middle class don’t care, fuck em.
The elites only want one thing, your statement

That seems like an extreme change in positions.

And if the poor and middle class don’t care, fuck em.
Everything works out the way it should. Right and wrong and deserve doesn't always have anything to do with it. The sooner you accept this truth the happier you will be. It doesn't mean you have to agree with it or like it, you just have to make peace with it. And you certainly don't have to stop caring. You just need to stop making mountains - that you have no control over - out of mole hills.

That seems like an extreme change in positions.
Like George, I care, but I see now there is nothing I can do to change one thing. So why worry? Why get upset. Just sit back, open a brew and watch.

You asked if GW catastrophy was imminent? Not in my lifetime. So fuck it right? Burn plastic. Throw it in the ocean.

Also Carlin reminded me the planet will be just fine no matter what we do. It's humans who will be fucked. So what? I'll be dead. If you don't care about future generations, why should I? I don't even have children!!!

Like George, I care, but I see now there is nothing I can do to change one thing. So why worry? Why get upset. Just sit back, open a brew and watch.

You asked if GW catastrophy was imminent? Not in my lifetime. So fuck it right? Burn plastic. Throw it in the ocean.

Also Carlin reminded me the planet will be just fine no matter what we do. It's humans who will be fucked. So what? I'll be dead. If you don't care about future generations, why should I? I don't even have children!!!
If you COULD change something, do you care enough about anyone to actually do it?

You might be bipolar.

Says the guy without solar on his home :rolleyes:
Do you think its valid to suggest that because I don't do all possible things, I do nothing? Or that any of that reveals what I actually think about these things? Or that whatever my dedication to this cause might be has any bearing on the validity of the question I asked or of any statement I make? You say you do your own thinking. This comment of yours makes me think you do no such thing. It makes me think you're too afraid to take on such a task by yourself.

Do you think its valid to suggest that because I don't do all possible things, I do nothing? Or that any of that reveals what I actually think about these things? Or that whatever my dedication to this cause might be has any bearing on the validity of the question I asked or of any statement I make? You say you do your own thinking. This comment of yours makes me think you do no such thing. It makes me think you're too afraid to take on such a task by yourself.
I think you not having solar on your house is revealing. It's not what someone says that tells you what they believe. It's what they do that tells you what they believe. And you don't even believe your own rhetoric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back