No....No... No... not Aunt Jemimah....this has gone to far.

They're getting rid of uncle bens perverted rice as well.

But I'm not sure if it's because old ben was black or a pervert :dunno:

Aunt Jemimah whom most of us grew up with...a kindly and loving black mammie...is there no shame?

Rush went through the history of the woman who was the actual model and spokesperson for the Syrup.......her story is pretty amazing and is now trashed....because Black Lives do not matter to left wing, white elites.......and their minions in the terrorist wings of the democrat party, antifa and black lives matter....

If it now racist to have a smiling and happy black woman on a bottle of maple syrup....I simply ask what can be put on food products (or anything) that is NOT racist?

To me, a smiling black woman is the probably the least racist thing I can think of putting on something. Who the hell looks like at as smiling black woman on a bottle of syrup and thinks racism?

No one.....but it is a powerful tool....false allegations of racism are the sword and shield of the democrat party and their minions......

I don’t get it. She was a success story of a previous slave-
In 1890, a former slave named Nancy Green was hired to be the spokesperson forAunt Jemima brand food products.
Green’s identity was first uncovered at the Worlds’ Columbian Exposition in 1893. There were so many people interested in the Aunt Jemima exhibit, police were called for crowd control. Green served pancakes to thousands of people. People loved her warm personality and friendly demeanor, not to mention her cooking. Green was given an award for showmanship at the exposition.

As a result of her dedication, Aunt Jemima received 50,000 orders for pancake mix. Not only did flour sales soar, but Green received a lifetime contract to serve as spokesperson. She was a living legend of the brand until she died in a car accident in September 1923.

She was contracted for the rest of her life to represent the product. She represented a success story, coming from slavery.

But if rich, white, democrat party elites can use her as a symbol of racism to attack their enemies and to gain power and money, then she will be destroyed, even though she actually is a Black life.

If it now racist to have a smiling and happy black woman on a bottle of maple syrup....I simply ask what can be put on food products (or anything) that is NOT racist?

To me, a smiling black woman is the probably the least racist thing I can think of putting on something. Who the hell looks like at as smiling black woman on a bottle of syrup and thinks racism?
Guess you feel the same way about little black sambo yard statues.

Guess you feel the same way about little black sambo yard statues.

They are Jockeys not Sambos. Jeez, don't you know anything.

In 1890, a former slave named Nancy Green was hired to be the spokesperson forAunt Jemima brand food products.
Green’s identity was first uncovered at the Worlds’ Columbian Exposition in 1893. There were so many people interested in the Aunt Jemima exhibit, police were called for crowd control. Green served pancakes to thousands of people. People loved her warm personality and friendly demeanor, not to mention her cooking. Green was given an award for showmanship at the exposition.

As a result of her dedication, Aunt Jemima received 50,000 orders for pancake mix. Not only did flour sales soar, but Green received a lifetime contract to serve as spokesperson. She was a living legend of the brand until she died in a car accident in September 1923.

She was contracted for the rest of her life to represent the product. She represented a success story, coming from slavery.
Apparently the makers of Aunt Jemima failed their history too. Just caving in to the sleazebags.
Another product I will never buy again.

So far I have on my ban list:
General motors
Apple
Blizzard
Activision
Now this

Apparently the makers of Aunt Jemima failed their history too. Just caving in to the sleazebags.
Another product I will never buy again.

So far I have on my ban list:
General motors
Apple
Blizzard
Activision
Now this
I was thinking of driving to Kroger to get a couple of boxes of the mix and maybe a bottle of the Lite Syrup. Gladys Knight thought highly of it.
<iframe width="963" height="722" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great story! Good for Nancy Green.
So why did they name it Aunt Jemima? Sure, to conjure the loving black servant who left her own kids every morning to feed us white folks with a smile, changed those little white diapers and stayed subservient 'til the day she died. Well, yannow what? That's a degrading stereotype and name. What do you call an old female "Uncle Tom?" Aunt Jemima. I'm surprised it took this long.

So why did they name it Aunt Jemima? Sure, to conjure the loving black servant who left her own kids every morning to feed us white folks with a smile, changed those little white diapers and stayed subservient 'til the day she died. Well, yannow what? That's a degrading stereotype and name. What do you call an old female "Uncle Tom?" Aunt Jemima. I'm surprised it took this long.
Glad to see at least one white person get it.

There are LITERALLY thousands of women that still serve largely white families EVERYDAY.

Your ignorant post is just that......IGNORANT

I would have changed the image but not the name;

replace the old look with one of a strong, attractive, independent black woman....

Nothing racist about this, right?
Auntj.png

Idiot.

How do you know it wasn't because Aunt Jemima decided she no longer felt like she was a woman and wanted to be called Uncle Leroy instead?

Nothing racist about this, right?
View attachment 351731
Idiot.

When was that advertisement aired? Moron.

Jemima was actually the name of one Job’s daughter’s in the bible. She was known as a beautiful woman. Nancy Green had no problem with it, after having been a former slave, and accepted a life long contract.
And. If indeed it was inspired by the song, that song was written by a Black comedian, songwriter. And there is nothing in the words to elude to slavery, etc.

I would have changed the image but not the name;

replace the old look with one of a strong, attractive, independent black woman....
If anyone had researched her they would know she was just that. Her contract allowed her to fight against poverty for others In Chicago as a missionary. Those associating her with mammie know nothing of her and wish to make it a racial issue. Some Black women today still wear head wraps. Should they stop wearing them? It’s just another thing to rage about, under false pretenses. No doubt pushed by Dem whites. Maybe they realize it shows freedom was fought for Blacks, and won, but not by them... They can’t stand it.

She should be celebrated, she gained her freedom then went on to become a successful Black business woman in the late 1800’s!

Forum List

Back