No Senate Healthcare bill until 2018?

GOP senator: Healthcare deal unlikely this year

I don't really know whether this hurts or helps them. The House gopers are on record with their votes. I don't really think the senate gopers want votes on record just months before elections
having nothing but repeal did not help their Cause.
It did until them and the public realized the implications. It's way easier to chant meaningless partisan slogans for 8 years than to govern.

Mike Lee's talking about income taxing employer sponsored policies, and Hatch is saying "we can't keep all these taxes for Obamacare after ridiculing them for 6 years."

I don't really know whether this hurts or helps them. The House gopers are on record with their votes. I don't really think the senate gopers want votes on record just months before elections
having nothing but repeal did not help their Cause.
It did until them and the public realized the implications. It's way easier to chant meaningless partisan slogans for 8 years than to govern.
it works for "right wing women", with some of us guys.

One state has apparently decided to join the rest of the advanced post industrial world.

"In addition to a new poll showing it would be
extraordinarily popular, California’s single-payer bill—the Healthy California Act—would also cut costs while providing coverage for all.

That is the conclusion of a new analysis (PDF) published on Wednesday by the Political Economy Research Institute (PERI).

“We estimate that, through implementation of Healthy California, overall costs of providing full health care coverage to all Californians could fall by about 18 percent relative to spending levels under the existing system,” the authors of the report note.

They conclude:

In sum, the establishment of the Healthy California single-payer system will generate financial benefits for both families and businesses throughout the California economy. For families at most income levels and for businesses of most sizes, these financial benefits will be substantial. These benefits are in addition to those that the residents of California will achieve through having universal access to decent health care.

The analysis, which was commissioned by the California Nurses Association/National Nurses Association, adds fuel to an ongoing debate over the costs of insuring all Californians—a debate sure to reverberate nationally."
California’s ‘Medicare for All’ Bill Would Cover Everyone, Cut Costs, Analysis Shows

I think Senate will come up with a bill but I don't think a compromise between Senate and House will happen until at least AFTER the midterms OR after Obamacare fails.

I think Senate will come up with a bill but I don't think a compromise between Senate and House will happen until at least AFTER the midterms OR after Obamacare fails.
Yeah, I think they'll kick this past the midterms. I don't see a real choice for them. It's a no-win. If you really want to repeal Obamacare but do something about increasing costs, you have to really upset the applecart of how we get insurance coverage. Mike Lee talks about taxing HC worker benefits, but even that is just playing around the edges, and it's political suicide. We'd have to end employer subsidies and provide meaningful tax credits to let people buy coverage, and that would require more revenue than Obamacare. Or it'd take at least all those tax cuts for employers and all the Obamacare taxes ... at least.

Unless they're willing to take that leap, they're left with bandaids, and even then people will lose coverage if they cut Medicaid.

Mike Lee's talking about income taxing employer sponsored policies
Excellent.

The employer sponsored health insurance (EHSI) exemption needs to go away, along with the other $1.4 trillion in tax expenditures each year.

The removal of the exemption is one of several steps needed to reform health care.

EHSI is one of the drivers of rising health care costs, and needs to be disincentivized.

The Repubs are on record as being utterly incompetent and on the side of Big Business, Big Phama and Big Insurance.

Same with the cheeto-head.

Any RWNJs ask why the Repubs voted to keep ACA for themselves?

Didn't think so.

[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Dem's here hold Obamacare and try to tread water :laugh::laugh::laugh: its going to drag them to the bottom of the pond, serves them right. Schumer isn't laughing now the idiot should have jumped at the chance to get out from under the Obamacare nightmare.

As long as there is no mandate who gives a shit about Obamacare?
U.S. tax agency no longer enforcing Obamacare individual mandate -report
:dance:

So do YOU know why the Rs exempted themselves from their own bill?

No, of course you don't.

So do YOU know why the Rs exempted themselves from their own bill?

No, of course you don't.

Like I said who gives a shit about Obamacare… Sign up for it if you want it. Just leave the rest of us out of it

What the IRS is doing is breaking the law. That requirement was statutorily put in place and can only be removed by statute. It shows the lawlessness of Donald Trump.

What the IRS is doing is breaking the law. That requirement was statutorily put in place and can only be removed by statute. It shows the lawlessness of Donald Trump.
Mandated insurance is legalized extortion… We can't have a fucked up thing like that

That's because they're going to run again in 18 on the premise of repealing obamacare. You can fool the rw's just about every election.

Forum List

Back