No Solar Power/Electricity Tonight

PV and wind are already cheaper than coal and oil and about even with NG.

Comparatively dirt cheap gravity batteries can store power at grid level.
No toxic or exotic materials. No pollution or by product.
100% reliability . Off the shelf components could be used anywhere .

bullshit
You have zero idea what you are talking about.

First and foremost, it is CO2 emissions, not CARBON emissions. You do not even no the proper terms to use!!!
A bit picky aren't we? There's no CO2 without carbon... you only get O2.... then you forget about CO ( which is not Co2) and methane ( CH4).

Further, CO2 is at a historic low in the atmosphere, 400ppm. Green Houses increase CO2 to 1200ppm. Close to 200ppm and we will not be able to grow food, plant life begins to die.

So to begin, how low do you think CO2 should be.
Yes, maybe at 200 ppm we would not be able to grow anything, but there is nothing pushing CO2 level down , so that should not be a concern.

are you mental

anybody should hate something that costs $150 trillion dollars and has already proven itself to fail as an industrial source of electricity

Yield of 8-1, what exactly does that mean? Let us see if you can explain that to begin
Now we started with name-calling... The 8 to 1 is the EROI for some solar panels ( energy return on investment ).

Now we started with name-calling... The 8 to 1 is the EROI for some solar panels ( energy return on investment ).
Name calling, no, it was a real question and not much different then when you put words into my mouth.

So you can attribute to me things I don't state or think but I can not reply in kind?

Name calling, no, it was a real question and not much different then when you put words into my mouth.

So you can attribute to me things I don't state or think but I can not reply in kind?
Whatever the sunken costs of solar panel investment have been you can buy a couple of panels and a couple of batteries for $1,000.
If you are trying to electrify an isolated small community (1,000 people or less) they still make more sense than building a 5,000 billion nuclear reactor plus the transmission and distribution infrastructure.

This paper claims 8.7 is the mean for monocrystalline cells and 11.6 for polycrystalline solar panels.
Nuclear only works for medium-scale projects.
whatever the paper claims, it is wrong

Nuclear is massive, you obviously have no idea. Nothing is more powerful. Nuclear is large scale, and the larger it is, the larger the savings.

Whatever the sunken costs of solar panel investment have been you can buy a couple of panels and a couple of batteries for $1,000.
My friend just spent $50k on his home solar, and wishes he could of spent more for a larger system. That is without batteries.

Your idea that it cost a $1,000 is ignorance if I am being nice.

This paper claims 8.7 is the mean for monocrystalline cells and 11.6 for polycrystalline solar panels.
Nuclear only works for medium-scale projects.
Yes, the paper CLAIMS, it does not prove. I shall quote the claims.

First, they assume. Industrial Solar does not operate 30 years and the power output drops dramatically after 10 years for numerous reasons.
Assuming that the life time of the system is 30 years

Harmonized, that means the adjusted, and what they adjusted is information they attained not from industrial solar plants but written papers by other people done 20 years ago. This "study", is old and inaccurate.They are studying studies!!!!

a thorough literature review was conducted.
EPBT and EROI data collected from the literature were harmonized for the specific parameters (module efficiency, solar insolation, and system lifetime) that affect the life cycle performance of the
PV system

I am just starting on this study.

The biggest red flag is this is a study of a study.

And another red flag, is, what is harmonization

hahahahahhaha

the first solar cell was invented in 1883

you can improve, what you call, "capacitor tech", what ever the fuck that is, all you want, but the sun does not have the energy density to give us the power to run our economy
Yes it does. Wow. You literally have negative net knowledge about this topic.

You really need to read up.

My friend just spent $50k on his home solar, and wishes he could of spent more for a larger system. That is without batteries.

Your idea that it cost a $1,000 is ignorance if I am being nice.
Not everyone spends so much electricity. Since I live in a temperate zone I can cover my daily usage with 600 watts of power and a solar heater. I would still need batteries for overnight storage or pumped hydro for any long-term storage.
As I said, isolated communities can get their electricity from solar + pumped hydro. Just connecting them through high voltage transmission lines can be more expensive even when it is possible. So its mostly small islands or very towns in mountains.

Now assume a isolated town with 10K households where the nearest transmission line is located 100 miles away
Transmission line: 70 million. = 7,000K per household.
This 2,000 pound kit ( about 2,500 USD ) should be enough. I can't imagine why your friend needs a 50k system . Does he have 2 electric cars or a bitcoin mining facility?

Last edited:
Not everyone spends so much electricity. Since I live in a temperate zone I can cover my daily usage with 600 watts of power and a solar heater.
600 watts, you are either fucking with me, or thee most ignorant person posting or the dumbest person posting. Dont call that name calling, cause it is not. It is a fact, tell us which of the 3 your are. If you can.

The smallest refrigerator used in hotel rooms, that fit under a desk, uses 600 watts of electricity a day. That is why I say you are either fucking with me, ignorant as hell, or very dumb.

This 2,000 pound kit ( about 2,500 USD ) should be enough. I can't imagine why your friend needs a 50k system . Does he have 2 electric cars or a bitcoin mining facility?
If you can not imagine, then you are in the wrong discussion.

A bitcoin mining facility, hahahahahaha, that is very nice disparaging remark. Remember, you took your conversations to insulting before me, so dont cry when you get it back.

of course, at this point you have proved you dont know one thing about solar.

I will give you a nice fact. Solar Panels are a product of the Fossil Fuel industry, the chemical heavy industry. When there are no more chemicals from fossil fuels, there will be no more Solar Panels built.

This El Nino winter here in Florida has resulted in many cloudy days. The "Sunshine State" hasn't been very sunny.

Anybody not in the sunbelt of the Southwest US is an idiot to put in solar. It is a terrible inefficient technology to produce electricity.

Unless they were purposefully trying to live off grid I doubt there would be anybody that ever used it if it was for the filthy ass government subsidies.

Those stupid commercial solar farms are a big waste. The power companies would never get their money back if it wasn't for the government subsidies and being able to pass the cost on the consumer.

PV and wind are already cheaper than coal and oil and about even with NG.

Comparatively dirt cheap gravity batteries can store power at grid level.
No toxic or exotic materials. No pollution or by product.
100% reliability . Off the shelf components could be used anywhere .
No such thing as a gravity battery, they are called dams

Dams, and pumped hydro is the most expensive form of electricity, period.

It is amazing the willful ignorance or the outright lying, or pure stupidity of those who call dams, gravity batteries.

600 watts, you are either fucking with me, or thee most ignorant person posting or the dumbest person posting. Dont call that name calling, cause it is not. It is a fact, tell us which of the 3 your are. If you can.

The smallest refrigerator used in hotel rooms, that fit under a desk, uses 600 watts of electricity a day. That is why I say you are either fucking with me, ignorant as hell, or very dumb.
600 watts of electricity a day? ... are you the dumbest person on this planet?

No such thing as a gravity battery, they are called dams

Dams, and pumped hydro is the most expensive form of electricity, period.

It is amazing the willful ignorance or the outright lying, or pure stupidity of those who call dams, gravity batteries.
They can also use solid materials: sand, and cement. But, granted, dams are usually cheaper.

If you can not imagine, then you are in the wrong discussion.

A bitcoin mining facility, hahahahahaha, that is very nice disparaging remark. Remember, you took your conversations to insulting before me, so dont cry when you get it back.

of course, at this point you have proved you dont know one thing about solar.

I will give you a nice fact. Solar Panels are a product of the Fossil Fuel industry, the chemical heavy industry. When there are no more chemicals from fossil fuels, there will be no more Solar Panels built.
Well, I can't imagine it. I consume 80 kWh per month: 2.6 kwh per day. The 2,500 USD solar panel kit is enough for me.
My laptop requires 40 watts and my lights 90 watts; I only turn them on from 6 pm to 10 pm.
Sure enough, the fridge is the energy hog of the house and is probably responsible for 60% of the electricity bill.
Sometimes I use a 40W fan in spring, but the bill doesn't vary much.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back