No Wedding For You!

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
I just found this out from a member of my forum. Is anyone aware that non-members of a Jehovah's Witness wedding party cannot attend the ceremony? In this case, even the Father of the Bride.

Wow...

Investigating a little further, I found that the Mormon cult take this one step further. Not only are gays excluded, but so are any and all family members who don't belong to the church. (Along with smokers, drinkers, and caffeine imbibers too?)
Instead, they're shepherded to another room to wait it out.

How utterly disrespectful!

what's YOUR problem?

if they have their rules - and you do not like it - do not go.

simple :rolleyes:

or you have the need to be constantly offended?

what's YOUR problem?

If your daughter was Mormon, and you weren't, would you be offended you couldn't give her away at her wedding?

what's YOUR problem?

If your daughter was Mormon, and you weren't, would you be offended you couldn't give her away at her wedding?

no, I would not.

I just found this out from a member of my forum. Is anyone aware that non-members of a Jehovah's Witness wedding party cannot attend the ceremony? In this case, even the Father of the Bride.

Wow...

Investigating a little further, I found that the Mormon cult take this one step further. Not only are gays excluded, but so are any and all family members who don't belong to the church. (Along with smokers, drinkers, and caffeine imbibers too?)

Good grief, Charlie Brown.

Isn't there anything else in the whole political world that you can find to moan and groan about?

Do you have your mind set on being the forum's most boring poster?

what's YOUR problem?

Are the rules Biblical especially when Jesus said to love your enemies?

what's YOUR problem?

what does this incoherent blabber have to do with the post you are quoting?

what's YOUR problem?

If you are practicing forgiveness, what excuse do you have to not forgive and hold people at arms lengths?

Wow...

Um, I am not sure who you are speaking to. In the JW faith non-members CAN attend a wedding. Even if disfellowshipped (excommunication or shunning in other religions) they can attend BUT no one can speak to them about anything spiritual in nature, 99 percent of the time no one will speak to them at all to include family members. OTOH a JW can't attend a wedding and or a church service in another church.

The JWs have many strange rules, they are a cult and nothing more. A Cult that has ruined many peoples lives.

Wow...

Yes, you are, but the first step to change is realizing you have a problem. Don't give up.

Wow...

Shrug. Marriage is as much a religous rite as civil contract. If having a religious ceremony, and non-members are excluded, that's just par the course. If they're your friends you should respect their faith and abide by its rules.

what's YOUR problem?

If you loved your daughter, you would respect how she wants to get married.

If you are practicing forgiveness, what excuse do you have to not forgive and hold people at arms lengths?

forgive WHAT?

are you high?

you should address your question to the OP - he is in the need to be constantly offended, not me :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back