So Who do the Moderates Vote For?

So what are these folks supposed to do? Sit it out? Close their eyes angle guess?
I know what we can't do, and that is vote our way out of this. It's too far gone, and a continental Congress, adding 20 more SCOTUS creeps, term limits, and some so called ethics rules won't even be noticed. The best course is to let the system fail on it's own, trying to avoid a lethal war so that real but terrible options present themselves, and that means realizing how fukked we are, and that is where we fall short. How can you insist on transparency and remedial action from these people that control every aspect of your life? Go ahead and write one, see how that turns out. We simply allow ourselves to be lied to, like in a co dependent relationship that is too terrible to acknowledge. We aren't desperate yet, but that can change real fast.

Now you have a constitutionally protected right to speak your mind, do what you want within the law, live and work where you choose short of violating other people's constitutionally protected rights.

Under totalitarianism, which is what you are advocating, you will have no protected rights. The government can dictate what you are allowed to speak, where you are allowed to go, what work you are allowed to do, where you are required to live or whether you will be allowed to live.

If you think that is better than what you have now, I feel really sorry for you.
I don’t believe in freedom, or rights. I believe in Right and Wrong as polar opposites with nothing beteeen them. I believe in a place for everyone and everyone in their place. Social order. Gender roles. Law & Order. Things of that nature.

I don’t believe in freedom, or rights. I believe in Right and Wrong as polar opposites with nothing beteeen them. I believe in a place for everyone and everyone in their place. Social order. Gender roles. Law & Order. Things of that nature.
Anything that does not promote liberty and secure unalienable rights of the people will be wrong a whole lot more often than it will be right. Give government absolute authority and you will have absolutely no say or choice in what place/opportunity/liberty the government will demand that you will be allowed. Benevolent dictators are very VERY few and far between.

Probably not. But for sure all those supporting the current Marxist minded regime and certainly those supporting an ultra-extreme Harris/Walz ticket have no idea what they are promoting. And if they do win in November, they are likely to experience totalitarianism in our near future and they are not going to like it.
None of what you said is true. Just more baseless scare tactics. Americans despise your kind.

Anything that does not promote liberty and secure unalienable rights of the people will be wrong a whole lot more often than it will be right. Give government absolute authority and you will have absolutely no say or choice in what place/opportunity/liberty the government will demand that you will be allowed. Benevolent dictators are very VERY few and far between.
In that case suicide is akways an option. Very possibly a far better option than living in what this country has become.

I know what we can't do, and that is vote our way out of this. It's too far gone, and a continental Congress, adding 20 more SCOTUS creeps, term limits, and some so called ethics rules won't even be noticed. The best course is to let the system fail on it's own, trying to avoid a lethal war so that real but terrible options present themselves, and that means realizing how fukked we are, and that is where we fall short. How can you insist on transparency and remedial action from these people that control every aspect of your life? Go ahead and write one, see how that turns out. We simply allow ourselves to be lied to, like in a co dependent relationship that is too terrible to acknowledge. We aren't desperate yet, but that can change real fast.

I'm a bad person or wrong to have adopted the notion that people get what they deserve?

Anyway. So far as the whole ''moderate'' label, I've always considered that demograph to be the single greatest threat to Individual liberty and propsperity in America today.

Historically speaking, they've always tended to be just okay with all of the bad, anti-liberty legislation coming from either side of the party-of-one.

Suicide is the coward's way out. Thinking people change what isn't right and figure out how to do it better.
It’s also the option when you realize you can’t change anything, the world is stacked against you and nobody gives a fuck. The only reason I’m even still here is because my wife and her family end up on the street with nothing if I do it.

I’ve never claimed to be a thinking person. I was taught what I needed to know by my parents and my community. Both good and bad.

It’s also the option when you realize you can’t change anything, the world is stacked against you and nobody gives a fuck. The only reason I’m even still here is because my wife and her family end up on the street with nothing if I do it.

I’ve never claimed to be a thinking person. I was taught what I needed to know by my parents and my community. Both good and bad.
I'm sorry if your life is miserable and you are unable or unwilling to change your circumstances. That is sad too.

For 40 years I would most often cast a protest against both major parties. That never was successful in proving anything. In 2020 I finally gave in and agreed with somebody here who made the point that a vote not going towards one of the 2 major party candidates was simply a wasted vote. Decided if I really didn't have a preference, I would allow my wife to double her liberal leanings.

Unless he goes totally off his rocker, I plan on voting for Trump this time around. If Harris wins, then we'd have Democrat presidents appointing federal judges in 16 out of 20 years - from 2009 to at least 2029. That tips the scale just enough.

Well, we officially have the candidates for POTUS and VPOTUS from both major political parties, and in something of a surprise, both Presidential candidates doubled down on the far out, Left/Right wing agendas by selecting Vice-Presidential candidates who speak to their base, rather than to more moderate/centrist voters.

So, who are the more moderate, centrist, “independent “ voters going to support? RFK Jr.? Some other second-tier party? Or are they going to have to hold their noses and vote for whichever they feel is the lesser of the two evil Super-Parties?

They are in a tough spot.

I watched Pawlenty tell CNN (or PSMNBC) that he won't be voting for Harris. She and Walz would take the country waaaaay left.

I'm sorry if your life is miserable and you are unable or unwilling to change your circumstances. That is sad too.
It is what it is…. What it has been the 50 years and 10 months since my conception… a shit show. Eventually you learn to deal with it.

I'm a bad person or wrong to have adopted the notion that people get what they deserve?
Deserve has become the favorite cry of the disgruntled, meaning only that they somehow are entitled to something good that they desire. It has lost it's literal meaning of also being an agent of karma, and you can also deserve bad things. We submit to this treatment by the nanny state so yes, we deserve what we get. The carrot is getting leaner and the stick is getting bigger, and people are beginning to notice it.
deserve.jpeg

None of what you said is true. Just more baseless scare tactics. Americans despise your kind.
We live in at least a soft tyranny now. January 6th was not an insurrection. In religious terms most of the people involved in government who oversaw that are condemned. The power of the demonic controlled is massive. I know that even in another era there were people of power who did not treat others well. The government is using social justice to put the real loss of human rights on the backburner as we do not recognize the loss of them over the decades. So, putting Tampons in boys public school bathrooms is proof of rights while the Patriot Act, Homeland Security enactment and the TSA has crushed people who do not think the same as the Prog Party. There are many people in power who would feel at home in a Communist or Fascist nation. There are many people who are in law enforcement, security, one of the alphabet agencies in D.C. who would kill with impunity if given the permission to do so. When the government does put its jackboot on our necks if having total power, it will be bipartisan as to voters who won't be able to breathe. And Walz and his wife are crazy. A smooth tongue snake that tells you crazy things are normal and normal things are weird. And the lower IQ people believe it.

Forum List

Back