Republicans: Stop the Trash Talk. Character attacks or personal insults are not winning strategies.

I probably shouldn't be sharing this here. This could knock some sense into Republicans who influence campaigns and who might visit here. But I'll take that risk in the spirit of comity.

As a Republican governor who has won four elections in a purple state, I’ve learned a thing or two about how to win. As Donald Trump and my fellow Republicans navigate the next steps of their campaigns, my message to them is this: The path to victory in November is not won through character attacks or personal insults.

In fact, those attacks are unlikely to bring a single new voter onboard. Catchy one-liners — calling Vice President Harris a “bum,” “not a serious person” and “bottom of the barrel” — might rile up the base, but they do little to connect with independent voters needed to close the deal in November.

Independent voters are independent for a reason. They are not driven to the polls by personal attacks. Candidates need to give them a reason to turn out and vote. What solutions are you going to provide that will make life better for them, their family and their community? This election will likely be a coin toss, and whoever turns out these voters will be well positioned to win.
You are SUCH a hypocrite

You've been doing nothing BUT trashing Trump for an entire year.

Understand this clearly: go straight to hell.

Don't worry. It's not possible to knock sense into a Republican or a conservative. They're closed off to reality.
They must be destroyed in an landslide election. There are 4 million new young voters since 2020. Trump killed 100s of thousands of his own supporters with Covid. We need to take out the trash.

See ya in a year...

“This now allows for the passage of large scale Tax Cuts (and Reform), which will be the biggest in the history of our country!”
— President Trump, in a tweet, Oct. 20, 2017

Verdict: It is not the biggest tax cut in US history, measured as either a percentage of US GDP or in absolute terms.
80% of Trump's tax cuts went to the wealthy.

Forum List

Back