Tim Walz Swiftboated, Stolen Valor. Falsely Was in "War" When He Actually Abandoned His Men When They Shipped to Iraq

And based on the actions our generals made in the Afghan withdrawal I can safely say that Trump is correct. A child with wargaming experience could have made better decisions than those morons.

Uh, the reason why the Afghan withdrawal was such a clusterfuck was because Trump reduced our troop levels to 2500 and released 5000 Taliban hard cases as part of the Doha Accords.

Seems he was right

Afghanistan anyone?

Who was driving that bus?

Old man Biden
Um, no.

The reason why the Afghan situation was such a clusterfuck was that

1) Bush got us in the middle of a civil war that already had been raging for 20 years
2) Trump signed a shitty "peace agreement" that sold the side we were backing down the river. Seriously, Neville Chamberlain couldn't have negotiated a worse agreement than Doha.

So not only did he falsely claim he was in a war zone, he turned tail and abandoned his men when they shipped to Iraq.

"I carried a weapon of war in war” - Tim Walz

Tim Walz a ‘coward’ and ‘traitor’ for retiring from military before Iraq, says Guardsman who replaced VP pick​

By
Isabel Vincent
Published Aug. 6, 2024,

When Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz chose to leave the military on the eve of his deployment to Iraq, Thomas Behrends went in his place.

“I needed to hit the ground running and take care of the troops — and tell them we were going to war,” Behrends said of the 500 soldiers under his command. “For a guy in that position, to quit is cowardice.”
Behrends, a 63-year-old farmer in Brewster, Minn., called the Democratic vice presidential candidate “a traitor” for retiring from their Minnesota National Guard unit just before their deployment to Iraq in 2005.
“When your country calls, you are supposed to run into battle — not the other way,” the retired command sergeant major told The Post Tuesday. “He ran away. It’s sad.

“He had the opportunity to serve his country, and said ‘Screw you’ to the United States. That’s not who I would pick to run for vice president.”

Kamala Harris at microphones with Tim Walz standing behind her
Fellow National Guardsmen who went to Iraq in place of Gov. Tim Walz say Kamala Harris’ VP pick is a “traitor” for retiring before deployment.REUTERS

Tim Walz's past DUI arrest for driving 96 mph in a 55 zone comes back to haunt VP pick

When Democratic vice presidential pick Tim Walz retired from the National Guard on the eve of his battalion’s deployment to Iraq in 2005, Tom Behrends (above) took his place as command sergeant major overseeing 500 troops.courtesy of Thomas Behrends

Behrends (above) called Walz a “coward” for retiring from the National Guard on the eve of his unit’s Iraq deployment in 2005.courtesy of Thomas Behrends

Walz, 60, joined the National Guard after high school and served 24 years in the 1st Battalion, 125th Field Artillery, rising to the rank of command sergeant major. He retired in 2005 — months after a warning order that the battalion would be deployed to Iraq — to run for Congress. He was elected to office in 2006.

“On May 16th, 2005, [Walz] quit, betraying his country, leaving the 1-125th Field Artillery Battalion and its Soldiers hanging without its senior Non-Commissioned Officer, as the battalion prepared for war,” Behrends and fellow retired Guardsman Paul Herr wrote in a letter posted to Facebook during Walz’s first gubernatorial run, in 2018.

Stolen valor is a crime. Weird Walz needs to be charged and prosecuted.

a command sgt major can easily be replaced in most cases. his job is more admin and discipline than as a functioning team member. i did think he went to iraq, so i'll have to dig again.

i am a veteran, and reading about politicians claiming quals like this makes my nostrils flare.
You’re so mad at Tampon Tim you’ll only vote for him twice.

Um, no.

The reason why the Afghan situation was such a clusterfuck was that

1) Bush got us in the middle of a civil war that already had been raging for 20 years
It was such a mess because Biden had to pick a hard date and logistics were a mess. Did you mention Bush? My God. Yes, he was a Moron. But Biden owns the botched withdrawal.
2) Trump signed a shitty "peace agreement" that sold the side we were backing down the river. Seriously, Neville Chamberlain couldn't have negotiated a worse agreement than Doha.
Wasn’t shitty, it was great. Listen to what Wesley Hunt said it about it.

You truly don’t know anything

Uh, the reason why the Afghan withdrawal was such a clusterfuck was because Trump reduced our troop levels to 2500 and released 5000 Taliban hard cases as part of the Doha Accords.
You never blame Democrats for anything

Impossible to take you seriously,

Bob Menendez embezzled money.

JoeB: Trump did it.

Tampon Timmy makes John sKerry look like Gen. Patton. That's a cowardice that's hard to find except deep in the bowels of the democrat toilet. Deserting your unit when it's deployed to a war zone, like an AWOL coward, is befitting of something that mandates castrating 1st graders.... democrats are subhuman garbage.

View attachment 991580
To make things worse, it's not like Sergeant majors get shot at very often. They are what are now called fobbits, what we called in my day REMF (Rear Area Mother Friggers (that last word is cleaned up.

It was such a mess because Biden had to pick a hard date and logistics were a mess. Did you mention Bush? My God. Yes, he was a Moron. But Biden owns the botched withdrawal.

Wasn’t shitty, it was great. Listen to what Wesley Hunt said it about it.

You truly don’t know anything
I'm not sure how anyone with a brain could look at the Doha Accords and say, "Great Deal".

let's look at what Doha did.

It required the Afghan Government to negotiate with the Taliban for an eventual coalition government. However, the Taliban broke that agreement and resumed hostilities with no retaliation by Trump.
It released 5000 Taliban fighters the US and her allies had in custody.
It reduced the US troop presence to 2500 support personnel (no combat troops) and restricted them to bases.

It sent a pretty clear signal.. We don't expect this Afghan Government to last and we are out of here.

And military retirements are a process that takes time. So the military had his retirement notice well in advance of deployment. Besides, he was in the National Guard. I don't blame him for not wanting to be sent to Iraq to fight Bushs fake war.
National guard and Reserve retirements for non-obligated personnel DON'T take time. When I left my Reserve unit to return to active duty, my resignation was approved within a month. The only reason it took that long was we had to wait for out next drill weekend to have the Colonel in charge of my unit sign it. My recruiter had a verbal approval via phone with me sitting at his desk. It might have taken Walz longer since he was breaking his contract with a full two years left on it. I know you have trouble with critical thinking, but think, he signed a contract for six years and only served four. You claim to have run businesses, would you allow someone to default on one third of a contract they signed with you?

To make things worse, it's not like Sergeant majors get shot at very often. They are what are now called fobbits, what we called in my day REMF (Rear Area Mother Friggers (that last word is cleaned up.
That's about the stupidest thing you've said yet. If anything, Senior NCO's are prime targets for snipers.

Especially in a theater like Iraq, where literally anyone can be an insurgent.

National guard and Reserve retirements for non-obligated personnel DON'T take time. When I left my Reserve unit to return to active duty, my resignation was approved within a month. The only reason it took that long was we had to wait for out next drill weekend to have the Colonel in charge of my unit sign it. My recruiter had a verbal approval via phone with me sitting at his desk. It might have taken Walz longer since he was breaking his contract with a full two years left on it. I know you have trouble with critical thinking, but think, he signed a contract for six years and only served four. You claim to have run businesses, would you allow someone to default on one third of a contract they signed with you?

You're kidding, right.

When I was in the guard, I saw a number of people who broke their contracts. Usually, they got reassigned to the IRR.

For instance, one of my friends was an E-6, who became a suburban cop and didn't really have time to do 1 weekend a month, so he was put in a reserve status where he only had to check in once a year.

Now, this is a senior NCO who already had 24 years in, and as they say, RHIP. My guess is that when he went in and said, "Hey, I'm running for Congress and won't have time to do my drills anymore", they were probably happy to let him go, because a friend in Congress is pretty awesome.

And there wasn't a single American combat casualty from the time the accords were signed until Biden took office. Trump's plan and threats worked. His plan included a staged draw down to a secured American controlled air base, not a panicked run through a city controlled by the enemy to an uncontrolled civilian airport.

I can see why. Especially because JD Bowman(Vances real last name) was a correspondent, he didn't see any action. And we all know about the bone spurs.
this is pointless ....at least they signed up and served...and biden got deferred because he had asthma....but yet went and played collage football...i played football they do wind sprints and lots of running he could have survived boot.....him playing football after getting rejected for asthma didnt look very good ......

You want to fight Israel's wars?
You want to fight Ukraines war.
images

^^^ Democrats

You're kidding, right.

When I was in the guard, I saw a number of people who broke their contracts. Usually, they got reassigned to the IRR.

For instance, one of my friends was an E-6, who became a suburban cop and didn't really have time to do 1 weekend a month, so he was put in a reserve status where he only had to check in once a year.

Now, this is a senior NCO who already had 24 years in, and as they say, RHIP. My guess is that when he went in and said, "Hey, I'm running for Congress and won't have time to do my drills anymore", they were probably happy to let him go, because a friend in Congress is pretty awesome.
On the other hand, they could have left him on the rolls and excused him from drills and he would have had an even more compelling story to use in his election. Barry Goldwater was an active ARNG member throughout his political career. This wasn't about an election; this was about him not wanting to serve in a combat zone. From what I've read he was like the guys who enlisted in the Guard to avoid Vietnam. A peacetime part timer just looking for a salary. My Reserve unit ran people like that out. We wanted capable people who were there as a calling, not ones who skated without commitment.

I'm not sure how anyone with a brain could look at the Doha Accords and say, "Great Deal".

let's look at what Doha did.

It required the Afghan Government to negotiate with the Taliban for an eventual coalition government. However, the Taliban broke that agreement and resumed hostilities with no retaliation by Trump.
It released 5000 Taliban fighters the US and her allies had in custody.
It reduced the US troop presence to 2500 support personnel (no combat troops) and restricted them to bases.

It sent a pretty clear signal.. We don't expect this Afghan Government to last and we are out of here.
None of what you said is factual. Zero.

You never blame the (D) for anything. You’re a true believer. I believe Wesley Hunt over you.

this is pointless ....at least they signed up and served...and biden got deferred because he had asthma....but yet went and played collage football...i played football they do wind sprints and lots of running he could have survived boot.....him playing football after getting rejected for asthma didnt look very good ......
I don't think Biden made up te asthma. but Trump did make up the bone spurs. I played football too but I don't remember Biden making being the ultimate tough guy part of his personna.

And there wasn't a single American combat casualty from the time the accords were signed until Biden took office. Trump's plan and threats worked. His plan included a staged draw down to a secured American controlled air base, not a panicked run through a city controlled by the enemy to an uncontrolled civilian airport.
Well, hard to have a combat casualty when you hunker down on a base and don't engage the enemy.

The problem with his "Secured base" plan was that it required Afghan forces to secure it. The Afghan Provisional government was in full collapse at that point. Similarly, all the people we wanted to evac were in Kabul. Baghram Air base was 60 KM away.

On the other hand, they could have left him on the rolls and excused him from drills and he would have had an even more compelling story to use in his election. Barry Goldwater was an active ARNG member throughout his political career. This wasn't about an election; this was about him not wanting to serve in a combat zone. From what I've read he was like the guys who enlisted in the Guard to avoid Vietnam. A peacetime part timer just looking for a salary. My Reserve unit ran people like that out. We wanted capable people who were there as a calling, not ones who skated without commitment.

Oh, please, most reserve units I've ever worked with, they were happy if people showed up to drills.

Another issue that someone else brought up was that Walz had issues with his hearing, (as a lot of guys who serve in FA units tend to) that required surgery to fix. So there might have been medical reasons why they were keen to sign off on his discharge.

As far as leaving him on the rolls, there were probably a lot of other E-8s who badly wanted his slot, so I can't see that happening.

Forum List

Back