Noam Chomsky on Israel: An Apartheid State

That's not what he's claiming.

“You have closed borders, but America has closed borders. They don’t allow every Mexican who wants to come in to come in,” de Klerk, who was in Israel to receive an honorary doctorate from Haifa University, told Channel 2.

As opposed to the racial segregation in South Africa, “you have Palestinians living in Israel with full political rights,” and “you don’t have discriminatory laws against them, I mean not letting them swim on certain beaches or anything like that. I think it’s unfair to call Israel an apartheid state. If [Secretary of State John] Kerry did so, I think he made a mistake.”
WTF do you mean, it's not what he's claiming?

It's exactly what he said.

I think the starting point from the Palestinian side is they must acknowledge the right of Israel as a state to exist,

He's rather clear.
Let's get one thing straight, States don't have rights, people do.

And this whole "recognize" Israel crap, is a bunch of bullshit.

When a rock hits someone it can kill them, so yeah. He should go to jail for that.
Especially when they're in armored vehicles.

The troops weren't buttoned up, they were exposed so yeah, they could still be hurt. You're not very observant I've noticed. You should work on that. That way you won't look so foolish.

The troops weren't buttoned up, they were exposed so yeah, they could still be hurt. You're not very observant I've noticed. You should work on that. That way you won't look so foolish.
Observant with what? We weren't talking about a specific incident.

Let's get one thing straight, dude, Israeli presence in the West Bank is illegal. The Pals have every legal right in the world to throw rocks at them.

Hey, Noam Chomsky ain't bad, hell, Noam is a Saint compared to Howard Zinn.

Just Joking, Howard Zinn was another piece of shit "professor". I state this cause if one praises Noam they hold Zinn close to their heart as well.
As a matter of fact, I think Howard Zinn is kick-ass!

Observant with what? We weren't talking about a specific incident.

Let's get one thing straight, dude, Israeli presence in the West Bank is illegal. The Pals have every legal right in the world to throw rocks at them.

I was. Why weren't you? If you are going to make a blanket statement you had best have some fucking facts to back it up otherwise you are no better than a Bigfoot seeker.

As far as your assertion about the Israelis being illegally in the West Bank, that is untrue according to Oslo II. There are multiple agreements dealing with Israeli presence there. And there is work ongoing to swap land to the Palestinians in exchange for the Jewish settlements already extant. So no, if the Israelis aren't doing anything there is no "right" to throw rocks at them.

On the other hand if the Israelis are assaulting the Palestinians then yes, by all means they can defend themselves. That wasn't the case in the one discussed however.

Euro-mid Observer For Human Rights- Reports

Not a single report about Palestinian crimes.

Not. A. Single. One.

Biased horseshit is biased.
If you can prove anyone of those reports wrong, then they are biased; if you cannot, then they just show how fucked Israel really is.
I want you to read what you just wrote.

Then I want you to acknowledge how STUPID it is.

Their reports may well be 100% accurate. But there are two sides of this issue, and they cover only ONE side. That's why they're biased -- because they do not report on Palestinian crimes.

If you want to claim that there are no Pal crimes, go ahead. I don't mind you looking even stupider.

That's not what he's claiming.

“You have closed borders, but America has closed borders. They don’t allow every Mexican who wants to come in to come in,” de Klerk, who was in Israel to receive an honorary doctorate from Haifa University, told Channel 2.

As opposed to the racial segregation in South Africa, “you have Palestinians living in Israel with full political rights,” and “you don’t have discriminatory laws against them, I mean not letting them swim on certain beaches or anything like that. I think it’s unfair to call Israel an apartheid state. If [Secretary of State John] Kerry did so, I think he made a mistake.”
WTF do you mean, it's not what he's claiming?

It's exactly what he said.

I think the starting point from the Palestinian side is they must acknowledge the right of Israel as a state to exist,

He's rather clear.
Let's get one thing straight, States don't have rights, people do.

And this whole "recognize" Israel crap, is a bunch of bullshit.
And yet, oddly, you want us to recognize Palestine.

Can you explain this glaring dichotomy? Degree of difficulty: Explain it rationally.

Just Joking, Howard Zinn was another piece of shit "professor". I state this cause if one praises Noam they hold Zinn close to their heart as well.
Of course you do. Progressives love their false historians.

Of course you do. Progressives love their false historians.

Oh great, how unsurprising that he would like Zinn too. Birds of a feather and all that.

And yet, oddly, you want us to recognize Palestine.

Can you explain this glaring dichotomy? Degree of difficulty: Explain it rationally.
There you go, mis-quoting me again.

I believe my exact words were, "Why should the Palestinian's recognize Israel, when Israel won't recognize them?"

Quid pro quo, mother-fucker!

Oh great, how unsurprising that he would like Zinn too. Birds of a feather and all that.
Not as much as you enjoy hating them.

I don't hate them. I despise how they twist history to suit them. Just like I don't hate Goebbels, but I despise what he did that allowed a whole country of people to be turned into a mindless killing machine.

I want you to read what you just wrote.

Then I want you to acknowledge how STUPID it is.

Their reports may well be 100% accurate. But there are two sides of this issue, and they cover only ONE side. That's why they're biased -- because they do not report on Palestinian crimes.

If you want to claim that there are no Pal crimes, go ahead. I don't mind you looking even stupider.
I'm not going to claim that, because we both know they do.

Forum List

Back