Nobel Peace Prize Update: Bombers to the Pacific Edition

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
The 1980's keep calling Obama.

The B-1B Lancer bombers from the 34th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron dropped more than 2,000 “smart bombs” during more than 630 missions over Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan from January to July of 2015, officials at Andersen Air Force Base in Guam said. Those missions covered more than 7,000 hours of flight time.

“The B-1 units bring a unique perspective and years of repeated combat and operational experience from the Central Command theater to the Pacific,” said a statement from Pacific Air Forces headquarters in Hawaii.

Guam is a U.S.-controlled island territory in the western Pacific, some 1,550 miles east of the Philippines.

“With a large weapon capacity and exceptional standoff strike capability, the B-1 will provide U.S. Pacific Command and its regional allies and partners with a credible, strategic power projection platform,” the statement said.

Combat-tested U.S. bombers headed to Pacific - CNNPolitics.com

The B-1B Lancer bombers from the 34th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron dropped more than 2,000 “smart bombs” during more than 630 missions over Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan from January to July of 2015, officials at Andersen Air Force Base in Guam said. Those missions covered more than 7,000 hours of flight time.

“The B-1 units bring a unique perspective and years of repeated combat and operational experience from the Central Command theater to the Pacific,” said a statement from Pacific Air Forces headquarters in Hawaii.

Guam is a U.S.-controlled island territory in the western Pacific, some 1,550 miles east of the Philippines.

“With a large weapon capacity and exceptional standoff strike capability, the B-1 will provide U.S. Pacific Command and its regional allies and partners with a credible, strategic power projection platform,” the statement said.

I guess at least some people are taking China's saber rattling seriously.

And if the Norks go apeshit over it, well that's just a bonus.

Funny how the world has become so much more dangerous in the past 8 years. China and Russia saber rattling, al Queda rising, birth and rapid expansion of ISIS, crime in the US, terrorism in the US. I wonder what happened 8 years ago.

Funny how the world has become so much more dangerous in the past 8 years. China and Russia saber rattling, al Queda rising, birth and rapid expansion of ISIS, crime in the US, terrorism in the US. I wonder what happened 8 years ago.

I trace it back to the fall of the Soviet Union and the elimination of the bilateral confrontation known as the Cold War, but all 3 presidents afterwards had their part to play in making this world a more dangerous and chaotic place.

Plenty of blame to spread around (I don't count Bush the First because he only had one term, and was in during the transition phase).

I trace it back to the fall of the Soviet Union and the elimination of the bilateral confrontation known as the Cold War, but all 3 presidents afterwards had their part to play in making this world a more dangerous and chaotic place.

Plenty of blame to spread around (I don't count Bush the First because he only had one term, and was in during the transition phase).
Agreed, no one wanted to make the difficult calls, they took the easy route. But that ignorant freak in the White House now was like gasoline to a fire with thinking his smile would unite the world behind him.

Forum List

Back