Nordic Reseachers make Amazing Discovery: Bullying can be Reduced by Punishing Students who Bully!

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Who would have ever thought such a thing was possible?

The Olweus Program encourages the school to set out very clear expectations for acceptable behaviour – and the consequences if they breach those rules. "The [sanctions] should not be a surprise to the child," Limber says. The adults must act as positive role models, who reinforce good behaviours and show zero tolerance for any forms of victimisation.

They literally needed a scientific study to figure this out:

The Olweus Program encourages the school to set out very clear expectations for acceptable behaviour – and the consequences if they breach those rules. "The [sanctions] should not be a surprise to the child," Limber says. The adults must act as positive role models, who reinforce good behaviours and show zero tolerance for any forms of victimisation.

That's odd, in Canada they reward them by hiring them to be members of the Security Industrial Complex.

And here is the SECOND time I laughed out loud, in recognition.

Also, sigh

In my 30+ years of teaching I think I've always been "set boundaries with compassion" and it seems the best way. In the last 10 or so years it's been "boundaries hurt kids' FEEEEE-lings"....and we're paying the price for that

Forum List

Back